“Location, location , location...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #13 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Cleveland, Ohio
“Location, location , location...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Picked this hotel due to location to everything + closeness to downtown Baltimore. Aloft was across the street from Arundel Mills mall which contained the Maryland live casino and several chain restaurants and a Wal-Mart. Oh also a Safeway grocery store and a few banks were over there. The staff was excellent and I met the manager ..all staff were very personable and always greeted me when I arrived or went out for the day. The bathroom had a walk in shower with shampoo and soap dispensers in the shower. Decent sized flat screen tv, comfy bed, fridge and iron in the room. Hotel had a bar and pool table..when I arrived they were shooting a photo shoot in the lobby area. Pretty trendy hotel, younger guests and their sister hotel The Element was next door and there was also an outdoor patio in between the hotels. Great stay!

• Stayed June 2013

217 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

well, i was expecting the rooms to be terrible based on my first impression, front staff more interested in gossiping amongst themselves then customer service, blaring techno music and drunk people partying in the lobby. Suprisingly quiet rooms, comfy bed -- ok ish room, but each day snotty staff, it was scraingly consistent! Great location for what we needed, nice running area to get out, would likely hit one of the more reputable brands if back in the area again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Kamala69,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about you recent stay at Aloft. Great customer service is very important to us and we sincerely apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. Please contact me at pahmed@ltdhospitality.com to discuss your experience further. We hope you'll give us another chance should your travel plans bring you back to Hanover. Take care!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Hip hotel right by mall, grocer, and food! Staff was great to work with especially Tony. It was just my daughter and I so the room was great and my daughter loved how "fashionable" it was. They do have a shuttle which was wonderful! Will stay at an Aloft hotel again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Ashley A,
We really appreciate your comments, thanks for sharing! We're delighted that you and your daughter enjoyed your experience at Aloft - even noting our "fashionable" decor. We'll be sure to share your comments with Tony! We hope you'll come back to see us when you're next in Hanover.
san francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Want to see a hotel that has everything going for it, except the apathetic staff? Welcome to Aurndel mills.

Call the front desk staff -- no power to make decisions, no phone numbers for managers, no clue how to call the corporate office and they run the entire hotel with no management until 2PM. Leave a message for a manager. Who cares? they won't call.

Stay at the element next door -- far better experience.

I will NEVER stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Walls are paper thin -- request a location at the end of the halls
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear a11424,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at our hotel. Great customer service is very important to us and we would like to make this experience up to you. Please contact me at pahmed@ltdhospitality.com to discuss your stay further. We sincerely hope the rest of your visit in Hanover was a good one.
D.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great hotel and part of the Starwood family! However, if there are available rooms next door at Element, stay there. This holds particularly true if you are traveling with others in your party.

Everything about Aloft is wonderful (rooms, beds, service, lobby amenities) except one: The bathroom is separated by a sliding wood "pocket" door from the bedroom area. The door does not lock, nor does it seal at the top, bottom and sides like a typical bathroom door would. This can lead to some *ahem* interesting situations, unless you are by yourself in the room.

I have stayed at different Alofts by myself, with my father-in-law and with my wife. I would only stay at one again if it was (a) the only option available or (b) I was traveling alone. Again, they are GREAT hotels for traveling alone!

Also, this location, much like Element next door has a complimentary shuttle to Arundel Mills Mall and Maryland Live! Casino.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with others, stay next door at Element. If you are traveling alone, this is the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a reasonable rate & decent rooms---this works just fine. If you are looking for plush accommodations---no. The hallways needed sweeping and the furniture in the lobby seemed a bit "tired". The bar in the lobby made a FABULOUS Cosmopolitan and the service at check in was very good. Anyone working the front desk during the entire weekend was very helpful and polite.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Pesmith929,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Aloft Arundel Mills. We are delighted that you enjoyed our service and w xyz bar during your stay. We hope you'll come back to see us - and enjoy our Cosmopolitan - on your next trip to Hanover.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Upon entering the lobby, I was warmly greeted and received requested information. From there, it was downhill from there. Internet code never worked. Front desk phone was constantly busy. When I needed anything, I had to go downstairs to the lobby. The bed and pillows are the worst. I finally gave up trying to sleep and got up at 3:45am. As I am reading the paper sitting on the bed, I noticed a medium sized insect walking across the bed.
Needless to say, I won't be back

• Stayed May 2013
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear JMWtrave,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. We clearly did not meet or exceed your expectations. Please contact me at pahmed@ltdhospitality.com to discuss your experience further. We sincerely hope the rest of your stay in Hanover was a good one.

Been to Aloft Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!