“always convenient” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Baltimore, Maryland
“always convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

travel for work and this hotel is great for getting in and out quickly. I appreciate how each room is exactly the same so i don't have to look for anything. It is great that they serve food now at the bar. Hopefully someday you will be able to order from your room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave .

We truly believe in delivering excellent service with a caring heart and giving each guest a personal touch from the heart. Hope when your in the area you will visit us again :-)

Yours in Service ,
Harry H Hawkins III

248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Thought I'd give this brand a try, but was sadly disappointed. It almost tries too hard to be "cool" and comes off as a bit weird. Check-in was smooth, with friendly staff and a super nice shuttle driver from BWI. Unfortunately, with the exception of the bartender, I could have done without the rest. I was tired from a long day of travel and wanted dinner and a cocktail. No issues with the martini, but the bar ran out of hamburgers. Ordered another option which was ok, but not fantastic.

The problem was in the morning. I called the front desk to make sure the shuttle was running every 30 minutes and was told yes. Unfortunately, I had to wait nearly 40 minutes beyond the time the shuttle should have left, leaving me dashing to catch a morning flight. No apologies offered... Front desk staff indicated the driver was picking up another guest at the airport, but when he finally arrived he said he was eating; and worse, he arrived with food in hand while handling our bags. Not impressive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

this medium scale hotel is not bad, by any means, but the complaints by tripadvisor reviewers are completely accurate and should be properly accounted for. I'm no conspiracy theorist...but take a look at how many previous reviews the people who gave Aloft 5 stars had. It's consistently either one or a bit above one. This concludes my theories regarding fake reviews so I will get down to business and give the raw and dirty regarding this hotel:

Check In- SUCKS...wow. I would prefer if the 'aloft' brand applied it's minimalist-human-interaction-for meaningless-everyday-transactions idealism towards it's front desk personnel. Sad to say, I prefer a machine to check me in rather than the unprofessional employees staffed by this establishment. Staff appears overwhelmed by phone calls, harried by the going-ons in the lobby/bar, and apparently unprepared to answer difficult questions such as, what is the room like here...or, can you tell me a bit about the breakfast service. Questions such as these should not stump the front desk staff, but when I asked them, they appeared to be flummoxed and needed to flip through pages of random binders stashed below their counters to come up with extremely vague answers. NOTE TO HOTEL MANAGER: At MINIMUM your staff needs to be able to describe the standard room and know the ins and outs of the so-called amenities of the property.
I figured that when I got to the room, there would be an awaiting information pamphlet with all the hotels' info and schedules plotted out for me. No such luck. I guess I was to rely on the staff.
WHAT A LET DOWN for the money you pay. If the theme of the hotel is to be modern, techno-savvy, and sleek, then let it be that. But do not expect to provide less-than-modern amenities without staff to enthusiastically make up for it and get good reviews. UNLESS you tell your staff to constantly yelp/review/lie to make up for stark honesty. Shameless.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This was by far one of my best visits. I needed a room for an overnight layover after a 20 hour return from overseas. Everything from the airport pickup to the lobby entry was perfect. The driver and the staff were extremely friendly, even the staff that were being trained. They offered a shuttle to take me to the mall or other local destinations. Check-in and check-out were easy. If you want a cheaper alternative to the BWI hotel this is one is just as close to the airport. What makes or breaks a hotel experience is the staff and this Aloft made the hotel even more likely to be a choice for return visit. The manager was extremely patient and professional with staff that were being trained. It was great to see his investment payoff with the other staff. Great job Harry!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest ,

we truly believe in delivering excellent service with a caring heart and a giving each guest a personal touch!

Yours in Service ,
Harry H Hawkins III
Laurel, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I decided to have a surprise 35th birthday party for my husband. I wanted a place that was chic, yet consistent with my black and white cocktail attire theme. I attended an event at Aloft which led me to contact them in regards to hosting. I was so VERY pleased with their professionalism, attentiveness and support. The venue mirrors an upscale lounge and they have a semi-private area for guests. Sesley and Elizabeth are AMAZING and made my event planning stress free. They corresponded with me constantly to ensure I was in the loop. All of my guests were beyond pleased and they ranged in age from 30 to 65. We stayed there too and the rooms are modern and cozy. I highly recommend this venue for a cocktail party or upscale event. You will not be disappointed. I can't say enough...Thank You Aloft!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Monterey, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

After only my third day as I was trying to fall asleep on the hard and lumpy bed I felt something fall on to me. Lo and behold there were several, what I found out later, stink bugs all atop my pillows, headboard and desk. I immediately contacted the front desk to ask for a room change. When I told the desk what had happened I didn't get an apology or an ounce of care or concern. The woman only said, I only have a room on the 1st floor. What do I care what floor it's on as long as it didn't have bugs in it. Almost immediately a maintenance man (who was by far the best staff member that hotel has) came to my room, I didn't have a moment to even put clothes on, and I was rushed into packing all my stuff which I was not prepared to do. I was in the area for 2 weeks so I had a lot of things including food in the tiny, inadequate fridge. I was so rushed and that was unacceptable. Not to mention that the room were poorly cleaned. I was then barely helped with all of my stuff to the new room. I couldn't sleep at all as it was by then after 11 and I had to be up at 6am, but all I kept doing was waking up and checking if there were bugs around. I looked up the stink bug online and found that they hibernate when it's cold, so I'm assuming that they had been there for quite sometime and the use of the heater awoke them so I avoided putting the heat on the new room for fear there were more and it was very cold out -in the 20s! This room was also poorly cleaned and the lotion that they give you had clearly been used and was almost empty, I don't want to use lotion that someone else has used! The main light in the room also didn't work and the fridge made an awful noise day and night. The staff at the front desk were hit or miss, some were pleasant enough but mostly just obviously uncaring. I heard inappropriate conversations for the work place, watched the staff text and talk on the phone with people who most likely were their friends while guests waited to be served. I watched them eat their take-out Chinese food in front of guests. The kitchen area was really dirty and I would never eat the food they serve because of how dirty the area was. Overall, I would not reccomend this hotel and will never stay here again. I thought this would be a nice hotel because if its association with Starwood, but this is so far from the Starwood model and class of hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

My stay there was fantastic. The manager Harry Hawkins was very professional and helpful. The staff was polite and the hotel itself is wonderful. I would totally recommend this hotel. The ambiance is mellow and the layout is so sexy. I recommend visiting the Aloft at the National Harbor as well.

• Stayed February 2013
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. First I want to Thank you on behalf of the entire Management team for coming to stay with us . I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and even more honored that I was able to be one of the ones who made it a great one !

Please if your in the area come and see us again !

Been to Aloft Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!