“Great location and Staff extremely helpful” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Laurel, Maryland
“Great location and Staff extremely helpful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This was by far one of my best visits. I needed a room for an overnight layover after a 20 hour return from overseas. Everything from the airport pickup to the lobby entry was perfect. The driver and the staff were extremely friendly, even the staff that were being trained. They offered a shuttle to take me to the mall or other local destinations. Check-in and check-out were easy. If you want a cheaper alternative to the BWI hotel this is one is just as close to the airport. What makes or breaks a hotel experience is the staff and this Aloft made the hotel even more likely to be a choice for return visit. The manager was extremely patient and professional with staff that were being trained. It was great to see his investment payoff with the other staff. Great job Harry!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave .

we truly believe in delivering excellent service with a caring heart and a giving each guest a personal touch!

Yours in Service ,
Harry H Hawkins III

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Laurel, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I decided to have a surprise 35th birthday party for my husband. I wanted a place that was chic, yet consistent with my black and white cocktail attire theme. I attended an event at Aloft which led me to contact them in regards to hosting. I was so VERY pleased with their professionalism, attentiveness and support. The venue mirrors an upscale lounge and they have a semi-private area for guests. Sesley and Elizabeth are AMAZING and made my event planning stress free. They corresponded with me constantly to ensure I was in the loop. All of my guests were beyond pleased and they ranged in age from 30 to 65. We stayed there too and the rooms are modern and cozy. I highly recommend this venue for a cocktail party or upscale event. You will not be disappointed. I can't say enough...Thank You Aloft!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Monterey, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

After only my third day as I was trying to fall asleep on the hard and lumpy bed I felt something fall on to me. Lo and behold there were several, what I found out later, stink bugs all atop my pillows, headboard and desk. I immediately contacted the front desk to ask for a room change. When I told the desk what had happened I didn't get an apology or an ounce of care or concern. The woman only said, I only have a room on the 1st floor. What do I care what floor it's on as long as it didn't have bugs in it. Almost immediately a maintenance man (who was by far the best staff member that hotel has) came to my room, I didn't have a moment to even put clothes on, and I was rushed into packing all my stuff which I was not prepared to do. I was in the area for 2 weeks so I had a lot of things including food in the tiny, inadequate fridge. I was so rushed and that was unacceptable. Not to mention that the room were poorly cleaned. I was then barely helped with all of my stuff to the new room. I couldn't sleep at all as it was by then after 11 and I had to be up at 6am, but all I kept doing was waking up and checking if there were bugs around. I looked up the stink bug online and found that they hibernate when it's cold, so I'm assuming that they had been there for quite sometime and the use of the heater awoke them so I avoided putting the heat on the new room for fear there were more and it was very cold out -in the 20s! This room was also poorly cleaned and the lotion that they give you had clearly been used and was almost empty, I don't want to use lotion that someone else has used! The main light in the room also didn't work and the fridge made an awful noise day and night. The staff at the front desk were hit or miss, some were pleasant enough but mostly just obviously uncaring. I heard inappropriate conversations for the work place, watched the staff text and talk on the phone with people who most likely were their friends while guests waited to be served. I watched them eat their take-out Chinese food in front of guests. The kitchen area was really dirty and I would never eat the food they serve because of how dirty the area was. Overall, I would not reccomend this hotel and will never stay here again. I thought this would be a nice hotel because if its association with Starwood, but this is so far from the Starwood model and class of hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

My stay there was fantastic. The manager Harry Hawkins was very professional and helpful. The staff was polite and the hotel itself is wonderful. I would totally recommend this hotel. The ambiance is mellow and the layout is so sexy. I recommend visiting the Aloft at the National Harbor as well.

• Stayed February 2013
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. First I want to Thank you on behalf of the entire Management team for coming to stay with us . I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and even more honored that I was able to be one of the ones who made it a great one !

Please if your in the area come and see us again !
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed at this location Valentine's weekend 2013, and I was very impressed with the attentiveness of the staff. Everyone was nice and very accommodating. We are SPG members and we stay at Starwood hotels from the full service, pricey hotels to the more reasonably-priced aloft. From a service perspective, we could not tell the difference from the high-priced properties. We would definitely stay here again. Great lobby activities (pool table). Another reviewer commented on Christian, the great bartender. I agree! Awesome Black Russian.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest ,

Your feedback is very valuable to us because it allows us to find out how we can continue to serve you best. We would be honored if you stayed with us again so we can continue to show you how much we truly believe in delivering excellent service with a caring heart and a personal Touch!

Yours In service !
Harry H Hawkins III
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The entire staff was extremely helpful and friendly... Made you feel at home the whole time... They offered the free shuttle to the mall if you didn't feel like driving and made sure that the guests were very comfortable.... Even the staff I met on the elevator asked me if everything was okay and if there was anything they could help with... Very Very nice..... will recommend anytime...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. First I want to thank you on behalf of the entire Management team for allowing us to host you as your home away from home. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave. I am so honored that you enjoyed your time with us and hope that when your in the area again we will be your first choice !

Yours in Service ,
Harry H. Hawkins III
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I'm a Starwood rewards member and was excited to stay here because the website makes it look really fun and nice. I was soooo wrong and will never stay here again!

IF YOU LIKE YOUR HOTEL TO FEEL LIKE A CLUB/BAR THEN THIS MAY BE FOR YOU

However,
The atmosphere was not what I was expecting! Upon walking in there was a large group playing pool,they were very loud and using profane language. The music was so loud I had to scream at the front desk person all of my info for my reservation. As the large group left the pool table they helped themselves to soda's and did not pay. This is not the kind of first impression you should have.
The room was ok but the large mirror above the sink was held together with duct tape, very unnerving to stand there knowing it could fall at anytime. The room overall was clean, but there were hairs in my bed, I had to get extra sheets from the front desk. The grout in the bathroom was disgusting, looked like it had never been cleaned. The walk in shower grout was just as gross and I had to wear my flipflops in the shower. The bed is hard as a rock and I could not lay in one position very long without hurting. Dont get a room by an elevator you can hear it running all night. Also a few extra pillows and towel couldn't hurt. If you are staying here for more than 1 night there isnt a dresser or closet to hang your clothes. I went downstairs for coffee in the morning, which I was told the night before was always ready for guests. The front desk guy yelled to someone in the back told me there wasn't anymore and I would have to walk to the hotel next door. Luckily one of the ladies that worked there was in the lobby and overheard and went and got it for me.
The next day i took my business over the the Marriott and had a much better and relaxing stay.
I will never stay at this hotel agian, even though I have points I need to use. Very disapointing

Room Tip: Dont get a room by the elevators, you can hear them run all night
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. First I want to apologize on behalf of the entire Management team for the poor service you received. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave and for not receiving such service we apologize.

Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out where we are lacking in our responsibilities to you, our valued guests.

I do hope that you do not allow this incident by our hotel to serve as the
ultimate reflection on us. We do not want to loose you as our customer and would be honored if you stayed with us again so we can restore your faith that we truly believe in delivering excellent service with a caring heart and a personal
touch!

Yours In service ,

Been to Aloft Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!