“If you looking for a great place that has everything you need...come here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Arundel Mills

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Hanover, Maryland
“If you looking for a great place that has everything you need...come here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The Element and Aloft locations @ Arundel Mills are exactly what you are looking for in a hotel. They have great quality service, they have two excersize gyms, an indoor pool, wifi, computers with internet access, a bar & lounge area, great food menu, great drinks prepared by your bartendars,(If you get a chance, Go see Christian! He's a great guy and has experience to back it up!) The shuttle bus is 24hrs that will not only take you, but come back to pick you up anywhere within a 5 miles and the shuttle bus is free. Overall, great hotel for an affordable price!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, February 26, 2013

I do hope that you do not allow this incident by our hotel to serve as the
ultimate reflection on us. We would be honored if you stayed with us again so we can continue to show you how much we truly believe in delivering excellent service with a caring heart and a personal
Touch!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for work and there have been some changes! Christian, the bartender is great! Drink prices are fair and competitive and the food is well priced too. The bar area is a great feature because you can go just diwnstairs and get a drink and a burger without having to figure anything out! Also, a shuttle to get you where you need when you need to go! The only improvement would be the breakfast selections, but that's about it. Bottom line: good place to stay if you are going to be in the area and want to be close to restaurants, the mall and the casino!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Valued Guest ,

Your feedback is very valuable to us because it allows us to find out how we can continue to serve you best. We would be honored if you stayed with us again so we can continue to show you how much we truly believe in delivering excellent service with a caring heart and a personal Touch!

Yours In service !
Harry H Hawkins III
Pikesville, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Selected Aloft for an overnight stay to celebrate a birthday/mini couples retreat. Dominique made check-in very smooth and we felt at home right away. Shanay was very helpful by allowing us to leave gifts for the couples in their rooms prior to them checking in. The entire staff was very accommodating and extremely friendly. We spent a great deal of time just hanging out in the very comfortable lobby and the pool table was a nice touch. The 24 hour shuttle was greatly appreciated since there were 6 in our group. The late check out allowed us to enjoy hanging out in the lobby before heading back to reality. Love the lay out of the rooms especially the mirrored sliding bathroom door. Keep up the great work Aloft staff!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Valued Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. First I want to thank you on behalf of the entire Management team for making us your home away . It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave. I am glad that one of our staff members was able to make a lasting impression with you. If your in the area we would love host you again!

Yours in Service ,
Branford, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

To start off, we had approx 150 people stay at the element and Aloft for a tour we were planning. Elizabeth, sales manager at the element, really made the accommodations part of the tour a success! She was always very helpful and on top of every request made. Harry, GM at the Aloft, was also very helpful. I had some concerns regarding previous reviews that I read and Harry reached out to me to address all of them. After our conversation I had no doubt in my mind that our stay would be smooth...and I was right! Once we arrived to the hotel everything was done in a professional, organized manner. ALL of the rooms were clean, tidy and very put together. Breakfast was wonderful, the location was convenient, the staff is TOP NOTCH! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and if we had to do it over again we would choose element and The Aloft hotels!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave.
It was such a pleasure to serve you and the entire group of guest from Tallahassee, Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando and Jacksonville areas. I am pleased to hear that your stay was just as enjoyable as you envisioned it to be.
I know it was a little colder than you all are used too (smile) I’m so honored that we were chosen to be your home away from home. Until next time …..

Yours in Service

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We checked in to Aloft on Wednesday for a one night stay. The vibe here was young and hip, and the guest service was amazing! The room was cool, and we appreciated the high-tech gadgets! All of the employees were extremely friendly and quick to help! The only things I didn't like was that there was no soda machine (and gatorades in the lobby were $5!) and that we couldn't get a place on the pool table because it was full of people who I assume were not guests, just bar patrons (I wouldn't mind if there was some sort of guests come first policy!)
All in all, I would most likely stay here again, but I would bring my own drinks!

• Stayed January 2013
I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that we were able to serve you as your home away from home!!

Yours in service
Brunswick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Visited the Aloft for one night at the casino with our dog. Check in was very easy and friendly, no issues with the dog. The 24 hour shuttle to the casino was very useful and easy to use. Overall a nice experience.

Yours in service
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

So, my wife and I recently stayed at the aloft in Arundel Mills and, well, we won't be coming back any time soon. Maybe if every other hotel in the area was booked... but then we'd probably just avoid the area.

This was our first experience staying at an aloft (basically a toned down W) and we were looking forward to it. When we walked in the front door, we saw a sign (and bowls) announcing pets were welcome - and though we didn't have our dogs with us, we took it as a good sign.

Until we tried to check in.

By my watch, despite there being only two people ahead of me, it took 18 minutes. That's a crazy time to wait. The lady at the checkin counter was apologetic but, wow, that is just ridiculous. Worse were the number of staff people who would walk by and see us standing there and...do nothing (except for one woman who said she was sorry but didn't know how to use the reservation system).

Finally, a gentlemen showed up to check us in. No 'sorry for the wait'. No "thanks for being a platinum member'. Nothing. Just, "can i have your id and credit card"

At that point I was so annoyed I told him to cancel my reservations. Unfortunately, I had prepaid in advance so, being stuck with the bill either way, we stayed.

The woman who had been working the counter was very apologetic and offered us a drink or appetizer but at that point, well, it really didn't matter. I don't even think it was her fault: maybe she wasn't trained, maybe we came during a staff shift, but whatever the case, it was so ridiculous, unhospitable and off putting an experience that it made me question why I don't switch my business to Marriott.

The room was okay. Kinda of W meets Ikea. Amneties are very weak, especially the hair dryer (my wife said that it was useless). If you are a woman or traveling with a woman, don't expect things like q-tips, etc that you'd find elsewhere and bring your own hair dryer. Also, bring ear plugs, when the heating unit kicks on at night it is REALLY LOUD.

All in all, one of the worst experiences with a Starwood property I've ever had and the first and last time I will stay at an aloft.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. First I want to apologize on behalf of the entire Management team for the poor service you received. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave and for not receiving such service we apologize.

Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out where we are lacking in our responsibilities to you, our valued guests.

I do hope that you do not allow this incident by our hotel to serve as the
ultimate reflection on us. We do not want to lose you as our customer and would be honored if you stayed with us again so we can restore your faith that we truly believe in delivering excellent service with a caring heart and a personal
Touch!

Yours In Service
Harry H. Hawkins III

Been to Aloft Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!