This was my first visit to the Aloft Arundel Mills. My wife and I were looking for a pet friendly hotel so we could go to Maryland Live Casino for New Year’s Eve. According to their web site, they are pet friendly and have a program called ARF. This program promises a bed, bowl(s), treats and toys. When we made our reservation we called the hotel to make sure that they knew that we had two dogs and wanted to make sure there wasn’t a problem with that. They said that was fine. When we arrived there were no pet items available, but we were told they would have to bring them to the room. When the pet supplies were delivered, they only had one bed, one bowl and one bag of dog food (no treats or toys). I told the young man who brought them up that we had two dogs. He said that was all he could find, but he would continue to look for more, he never came back.
When we arrived at the hotel, there was a line of six people waiting to check-in and three people were working one (occasionally two) of the three computers at the check-in desk. I realize that at certain times things get busy and backed up, but staffing should be increased for these peak times. All of the people working the desk were very friendly and apologetic, but it was still a slow process.
We requested a double queen bedroom since it was a little larger than the king. We had plenty of room for us and our two dogs (one medium, one small). We even had room for the large crate that we brought to keep them in while we were gone. The room was clean and comfortable, although we found that the safe in the room didn’t work and there was a coffee making station in the wardrobe area that had an electrical box which was missing the receptacle (coffee maker had to be moved to the sink).
The hotel has a five mile (free) shuttle service available 24/7, which we found to be very helpful, since we were going out on New Year's Eve and didn't really want to drive.
Since we were only staying one night we felt that the services and accommodations were adequate, however if I were planning a longer stay I would expect more from a hotel of this caliber and price range.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Arundel Mills Hotel Hanover
- Aloft Arundel Mills Hotel
- Aloft Hotel Arundel Mills
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Aloft Arundel Mills Hotel, located just minutes outside Baltimore and the BWI Airport, is near fantastic shopping at the Arundel Mills Mall, great restaurants and lots of family-friendly fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Starwood, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Aloft Arundel Mills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.