“a great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Annapolis, Maryland
“a great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

just completed a stay at aloft arundel mills. ever since md live opened i have wanted spend the evening at the casino and stay nearby so i did not have to drive home late at night. everything about the hotel was perfect. the vibe was great. it was so nice to have the shuttle take you and pick you up from md. live. the room was perfect and the shower actually had good water pressure which is rare in most hotels now. every staff i came in contact was very friendly. but i would like to commend christian the bartender at xyz bar. i really liked that bar had good music and a good vibe. plus christian made the bar fun. this will not be my last trip to aloft.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave .

Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out how we can continue to best serve you. I am honored to hear that your enjoyed our shuttle and our close proximity to the casino. We would be delighted to host you again when your in the area. We truly believe in delivering excellent service with a caring heart and a personal
touch because we care !

Yours In Hospitality,

Harry H. Hawkins III

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was wonderful, I really enjoyed the rooms an the great customer service, Harry Hawkins treated us well an was the best hotel manager, He made sure we had everything we needed, I will be staying here every time i come.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills.It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave and I am pleased to hear that we lived up to our goal in providing such service for you !

I am very pleased that I was able to meet you expectation and I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly believe in delivering excellent service with a caring heart and a personal touch because we care !

Yours In Hospitality ,
Alpharetta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I've been staying at the aloft in Hanover, MD for the last two or three years. At first, the hotel was hip and fun. The rooms had an industrial urban feel. The lobby/bar area was nicely furnished with trendy designs and colors. The staff was upbeat and friendly. Notice everything was past tense.

I stayed there on December 19th. I was supposed to stay there until the 22nd, but the room and experience was so bad, I called SPG and changed my reservation to another hotel (Sheraton Columbia Town Center...which I do recommend). The room at the aloft was cold and dirty. The one wall looked as if someone threw dog poop on the wall and it had been left there to dry and stain the wall. The shades were difficult to use. The bed was lumpy and pillows were too skimpy to provide any support. The shower gel was leaking from the dispenser. I couldn't get the heating comfortable in the room...far too cold. And the TV would unexpectedly turn off. The lobby/bar furniture was really showing excessive wear. The staff was still friendly, but seemed either powerless or uneducated as to the hotel or amenities.

With the new casino across the street, this hotel could be packed and vibrant. Instead, it looks to me like they have given up trying.

I do have to praise the shuttle driver working the morning/day shift.

I won't be staying at this aloft anymore. I'll give the aloft BWI another try before giving up on the brand entirely.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
To our valued guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. First I want to apologize on behalf of the entire Management team for the issues you encountered . It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave and for not receiving such service we apologize.

I do hope that you do not allow this incident by our hotel to serve as the
ultimate reflection on us. We do not want to loose you as our customer and would be honored if you stayed with us again so we can restore your faith that we truly believe in delivering excellent service with a caring heart and a personal
touch!

Yours In Service ,

Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was able to check in at a fast pace, the room I stayed in was very clean as always and some what sound proof. I simple love aloft hotels and this location, but I would like more movie options for the television selection!

Room Tip: Rooms are sound proof and have great views from the window
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave.

Your feedback is very valuable to us as we can learn the best ways to serve you better. We would be honored if you stayed with us again so we can continue to appreciate you and show you excellent service with a caring heart and a personal touch!

Hotel Manager for Aloft Hotel
Gig Harbor, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The rooms are large and spacious with really high ceilings and a cool Ikea-like modern feel. The showers are nice and large and well appointed, as is the bathroom in general. The bed was ok, though not fantastic. The TV was new and sharp and the internet was fast. The included quick breakfast was also ok, though nothing special. the hotel bills itself as great for travelers, but it falls a little short on amenities. The front desk was generally unhelpful and not especially professional. There is a modern bar in the lobby that gets happy hour visitors from outside the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. First I want to apologize on behalf of the entire Management team for the “unhelpful” service you received at the front desk. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave and for not receiving such service we apologize.
Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out where we are lacking in our responsibilities to you, our valued guests. I am pleased to hear that you did enjoy the accommodations, like the shower and the spacious clean room.
touch!

Aloft Hotel Manager
Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Aloft Arundel Mills last night and it left a lot to be desired. This wasn't our first time staying at this hotel, we actually lovd it the first time and decided to stay again. Unfortunately it has declined greatly in the year since we have been there. There were cosmetic things which we overlooked...threadbare carpets, chipped paint. But what we couldn't ignore was the cigarette smoke coming from another room. Mind you, this is a NON-SMOKING hotel, so why we were smelling smoke at 11pm was beyond us, so we called the front desk to report it. They sent someone upstairs who knocked on OUR door to inform US that there was no smoking in the hotel. My husband told him that we don't smoke and that WE called to report the smoke. Clearly, whoever was smoking was a chain smoker because at 2am we woke up coughing and our eyes were burning. My husband is asthmatic and the smoke in the room was so overwhelming that he started wheezing. Once again, we called downstairs and reported the smoke. Nothing was done. Fast forward to 6am and we called, yet again to no avail. I went down to the front desk to ask if anyone even went upstairs to check on the smoke and the young lady informed me that the manager on duty knocked on the door of the adjoining room and that they were not smoking. So I asked to speak to him and asked him if he knocked on any other doors and he said no, that he could not just knock on doors to see who is smoking. Dumbfounded, I asked for the general managers name and number. Oh, the young man did offer to knock $20 off our bill for our inconvenience, but his eyeroll showed his indifference to the situation. We will not be staying at this hotel or any more of the Aloft hotels again. And I have sent off an email to their corporate offices.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great hotel for a quick business trip. Kind and informative staff. In a great location - close to a good shopping mall, outlet stores, and many restaurants. Rooms are a good size with nice bed and good tv. Clean. Relaxing. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

I am pleased to hear that you did enjoy the accommodations. We anticipate your return and glad to hear that you had a GREAT STAY !!!!

Yours In Hospitality,
Harry H. Hawkins III

Been to Aloft Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!