“Best kept Secret” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Columbia, Maryland
“Best kept Secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was able to check in at a fast pace, the room I stayed in was very clean as always and some what sound proof. I simple love aloft hotels and this location, but I would like more movie options for the television selection!

Room Tip: Rooms are sound proof and have great views from the window
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave.

Your feedback is very valuable to us as we can learn the best ways to serve you better. We would be honored if you stayed with us again so we can continue to appreciate you and show you excellent service with a caring heart and a personal touch!

Harry H Hawkins III
Hotel Manager for Aloft Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Gig Harbor, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The rooms are large and spacious with really high ceilings and a cool Ikea-like modern feel. The showers are nice and large and well appointed, as is the bathroom in general. The bed was ok, though not fantastic. The TV was new and sharp and the internet was fast. The included quick breakfast was also ok, though nothing special. the hotel bills itself as great for travelers, but it falls a little short on amenities. The front desk was generally unhelpful and not especially professional. There is a modern bar in the lobby that gets happy hour visitors from outside the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. First I want to apologize on behalf of the entire Management team for the “unhelpful” service you received at the front desk. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave and for not receiving such service we apologize.
Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out where we are lacking in our responsibilities to you, our valued guests. I am pleased to hear that you did enjoy the accommodations, like the shower and the spacious clean room.
We do not want to loose you as our customer and would be honored if you stayed with us again so we can restore your faith that we truly believe in delivering excellent service with a caring heart and a personal
touch!

Aloft Hotel Manager
Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Aloft Arundel Mills last night and it left a lot to be desired. This wasn't our first time staying at this hotel, we actually lovd it the first time and decided to stay again. Unfortunately it has declined greatly in the year since we have been there. There were cosmetic things which we overlooked...threadbare carpets, chipped paint. But what we couldn't ignore was the cigarette smoke coming from another room. Mind you, this is a NON-SMOKING hotel, so why we were smelling smoke at 11pm was beyond us, so we called the front desk to report it. They sent someone upstairs who knocked on OUR door to inform US that there was no smoking in the hotel. My husband told him that we don't smoke and that WE called to report the smoke. Clearly, whoever was smoking was a chain smoker because at 2am we woke up coughing and our eyes were burning. My husband is asthmatic and the smoke in the room was so overwhelming that he started wheezing. Once again, we called downstairs and reported the smoke. Nothing was done. Fast forward to 6am and we called, yet again to no avail. I went down to the front desk to ask if anyone even went upstairs to check on the smoke and the young lady informed me that the manager on duty knocked on the door of the adjoining room and that they were not smoking. So I asked to speak to him and asked him if he knocked on any other doors and he said no, that he could not just knock on doors to see who is smoking. Dumbfounded, I asked for the general managers name and number. Oh, the young man did offer to knock $20 off our bill for our inconvenience, but his eyeroll showed his indifference to the situation. We will not be staying at this hotel or any more of the Aloft hotels again. And I have sent off an email to their corporate offices.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great hotel for a quick business trip. Kind and informative staff. In a great location - close to a good shopping mall, outlet stores, and many restaurants. Rooms are a good size with nice bed and good tv. Clean. Relaxing. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave .

I am pleased to hear that you did enjoy the accommodations. We anticipate your return and glad to hear that you had a GREAT STAY !!!!

Yours In Hospitality,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Over charged my card four times resulting in overdraft fees, that was the manager actually. No dresser nowhere to put items. Ice bucket and no ice in site. There's an extremely over priced store. Not impressed at all. Headed to the Holiday Inn expeesa

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. First I want to apologize on behalf of the entire Management team for your card being overcharged .
I would love to invesitigate this further for you because I care and ensure that everything is ok .

Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out where we are lacking in our responsibilities to you, our valued guests. Please feel free to email me directly
at Hhawkins@ltdhospitality.com as I would be delighted to personaly address this with you .

Yours in Hospitality
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I wasent going to write a review and at first my thoughts where a little shaded towards this place. I stayed there the week they opened and this is my first time back. It is in need of a drastic makecover, however the staff was just so nice and helpful I cant help but come back. The people who made my stay a memorable one : Shantell , front desk, Vontray my housekeeper , Christian drove me to the airport and to the casino both days and then somehow was also my bartender (a little stretched with staff ? ) and harry he checked me out and is the reason im writting this survey because he asked me too. The room was cheap but the service was AMAZING !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
AGM_aloft, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Valued Guest ,

We are continuously making improvements and doing renovations to our building to ensure that we are making this a home away from home.Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out where we are lacking in our responsibilities to you, our valued guests.

Thank you for your positive feedback about our staff

Hope to see you again soon !

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

had a great stay no complaints....Our flight landed late around 1230 , the shuttle driver was very nice and courteous ,she stopped at mcdonalds for us so we could get something to eat which she did not have to do when we checked in the lobby was very loud however the beds where so comfrotable we didnt even notice a thing. .....

Room Tip: 703 great room for us !
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment you walk in the door until the time you leave.

Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out where we are lacking in our responsibilities to you, our valued guests. I am delighted to hear that our shuttle driver made your stay a memorable one.

Thank you for your positive feedback about our staff

Hope to see you again soon!

Harry H. Hawkins III

Been to Aloft Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!