“Run Down but staff was amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #13 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Chicago, Illinois
“Run Down but staff was amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I wasent going to write a review and at first my thoughts where a little shaded towards this place. I stayed there the week they opened and this is my first time back. It is in need of a drastic makecover, however the staff was just so nice and helpful I cant help but come back. The people who made my stay a memorable one : Shantell , front desk, Vontray my housekeeper , Christian drove me to the airport and to the casino both days and then somehow was also my bartender (a little stretched with staff ? ) and harry he checked me out and is the reason im writting this survey because he asked me too. The room was cheap but the service was AMAZING !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
AGM_aloft, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Valued Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave .

We are continuously making improvements and doing renovations to our building to ensure that we are making this a home away from home.Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out where we are lacking in our responsibilities to you, our valued guests.

Thank you for your positive feedback about our staff

Hope to see you again soon !

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

had a great stay no complaints....Our flight landed late around 1230 , the shuttle driver was very nice and courteous ,she stopped at mcdonalds for us so we could get something to eat which she did not have to do when we checked in the lobby was very loud however the beds where so comfrotable we didnt even notice a thing. .....

Room Tip: 703 great room for us !
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment you walk in the door until the time you leave.

Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out where we are lacking in our responsibilities to you, our valued guests. I am delighted to hear that our shuttle driver made your stay a memorable one.

Thank you for your positive feedback about our staff

Hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had a delay before arrival due to that pest of a hurricane named Sandy. The manager on duty (Harry) was very accommodating. This Aloft is located in a great area, convenient to many restaurants and shopping galore. I will definitely stay there again......

Room Tip: I like to stay in outside facing rooms but either will be just as comfy!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out where we are lacking in our responsibilities to you, our valued guests. I am delighted to hear that I was able to make your stay a memorable one.

Thank you for your positive feedback about our staff

Hope to see you again soon!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Great place to stay safe during "sandy" we lost power and decided to stay at the Aloft. The room was very nice , the bar was great and the staff was so nice and accommodating to our needs I look forward to going back but under better circumstances!

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback......

Hope to see you again soon!... under better circumstances :-)

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was my third visit to the hotel and found that the place has drastically gone downhill. The hotel was not as clean as it has been on prior visit. The service too was disappointing. A request for towels went unanswered and the gym was filthy. Th

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. First I want to apologize on behalf of the entire Management team for not meeting your expectations. It is truly disheartening to hear the concerns you have regarding the property. I will assure that I will take you feedback and apply the necessary changes to ensure that if you allow us an opportunity to serve you , these issues will not be prevalent again.

We do not want to lose you as our customer and would be honored if you stayed with us again so we can restore your faith that we truly believe in delivering excellent service with a caring heart and a personal
Touch!
Perry, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel has the greatest location, which is right across the street from the mall and Casino. It's even better the shuttle is 24-hrs and can take you there. The rooms are clean and has a great gym. The staff was very pleasent and when you visit the Aloft, make sure you grab a drink at the bar. The layout of the bar/lounge area is wonderful. The bartenders are great and make you feel at home. Breakfest was okay, not spectacular...This is a great hotel for the price you pay. The Manager "Harry" (I think) he was very helpful and made sure we were comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out how we can continue to best serve you, our valued guest. I am pleased to hear that we met your expectation and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Yours in Continued Service ,
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I, on a whim, decided to try Aloft at Arundel Mills so we could play at the casino and not have to drive in case we wanted to have a few drinks. We were both happy to find such a neat hotel at a decent price, including tax we paid under $100 for a king room. We loved the feel of the lobby, dance music playing, couches everywhere and funky lighting. We felt the room was decent, clean and stylish. I will note, the king bed was extremely comfortable! The down side was the room had tacky fluorescent lighting, the window shade didn't operate properly (not that we complained at 2:00 am, we just wanted to get to sleep and didn't bother fussing). We were very disappointed that Aloft charged for food items that are typically complimentary at most hotels, fruit, bagels, cereal, $4.00 for a self serve waffle? That was a turnoff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out how we can continue to best serve you, our valued guest. I am sorry to hear that we didnt meet your expectation in the area of our breakfast , however if your interesrted in returning in the near fututr email me at :
hhawkins@ltdhospitality.com and Ill get you some free breakfast vouchers for your stay.

I hope that helps :-)

Yours in Continued Service ,
Harry H. Hawkins III

Been to Aloft Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!