“Neat hotel but skimps on perks” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Neat hotel but skimps on perks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I, on a whim, decided to try Aloft at Arundel Mills so we could play at the casino and not have to drive in case we wanted to have a few drinks. We were both happy to find such a neat hotel at a decent price, including tax we paid under $100 for a king room. We loved the feel of the lobby, dance music playing, couches everywhere and funky lighting. We felt the room was decent, clean and stylish. I will note, the king bed was extremely comfortable! The down side was the room had tacky fluorescent lighting, the window shade didn't operate properly (not that we complained at 2:00 am, we just wanted to get to sleep and didn't bother fussing). We were very disappointed that Aloft charged for food items that are typically complimentary at most hotels, fruit, bagels, cereal, $4.00 for a self serve waffle? That was a turnoff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out how we can continue to best serve you, our valued guest. I am sorry to hear that we didnt meet your expectation in the area of our breakfast , however if your interesrted in returning in the near fututr email me at :
hhawkins@ltdhospitality.com and Ill get you some free breakfast vouchers for your stay.

I hope that helps :-)

Yours in Continued Service ,
Harry H. Hawkins III

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Lexington Park, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel was right across the street from the mall and a short trip to BWI airport. The room we had was clean...at first glance but after looking around there were three stink bugs climbing the walls within minutes of setting our luggage down. Also the sink was plugged up and after much fight with it, we called for front desk for maintenance but that took about 30 mintues for them to get to us so we asked if we could switch rooms. Luckliy, they had another room ready on same floor so we packed everything up and moved down the hallway. Didn't have chance to use the shuttle service because the front desk said it was quite busy and needed about a 30/45 minute heads up. Other than that, the second room was clean and spacious.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
To our valued guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. First I want to apologize on behalf of the entire Management team for the issues you encountered . It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave and for not receiving such service we apologize.

I do hope that you do not allow this incident by our hotel to serve as the
ultimate reflection on us. We do not want to loose you as our customer and would be honored if you stayed with us again so we can restore your faith that we truly believe in delivering excellent service with a caring heart and a personal
touch!

Yours In Service ,

Harry H Hawkins III
Sierra Vista
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed at the property from 23-27 September 2012 and had a brand new pair of shoes I had just purchased the next day. I contacted the desk and explained what happened, and was told to hold on as she tried to contact the manager. After she couldn't reach him, she said I would have to file a police report and have to wait for the property insurance to contact me, or the manager would contact me the following morning. The next morning I spoke with the housekeeping manager who said she would find out who cleaned my room.

Needless to say I haven't heard from anyone. I've called corporate, who has a file number as well, yet still haven't heard a thing. I've tried calling the assistant manager of the property, which has been answered by voicemail numerous times. The unsatisfactory treatment is a shame, especially since the hotel is located near Ft. Meade and many soldiers and servicemembers stay there. I'm a soldier myself who gives the benefit of the doubt since I'm not the only resident of the property and don't expect special treatment. However, not to hear anything and totally dismissed is totally disheartening.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Good location, clean rooms, helpful staff, and a great gym. I stay here every time I'm in the Baltimore area and have always been very pleased with my stay. The gym is always very important to me when I travel so I'm happy that they have a good setup. For the price, it can't be beat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
AGM_aloft, Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave. I am honored to hear that we have met your expectations and that your stay was pleasurable. We were delighted to have you as our guest and look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Yours In Service
Laurel, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I've stayed at a bunch of different aloft properties and this one, as another reviewer put it, misses the mark completely. Public areas and rooms are tired and need some refreshing. I don't understand how some properties' management can just ignore some issues when they can be rectified relatively inexpensively and quickly and have a positive impact on guest satisfaction. Examples:
- Front desk staff was a little more casual and borderline unprofessional..not a great first impression
- Bathroom mirror broken and "repaired" by putting 12" of duct tape over it...sloppy.
- Grout pretty dirty and bathroom floor wasn't mopped (prints all over).
- Receipt of guy who stayed in the room before me was sitting there in the room on the floor with all of his info (name, address, company he worked for, SPG #!). I still don't know how hskp could miss that.
- Puddle of body wash on the shower floor, clearly the dispenser was dripping steadily
- Large circles of dirt/staining on carpet...definitely needed replacement.
- Fridge was just sitting next to the end table out in the open (odd, b/c alofts usually put this in the built-ins near the sink area).

It was quiet and the bed was comfortable with good speed on wifi. Rates are decent, but this property is only good if your stay is for under 2 days. Not good for leisure travelers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills. I am disheartened to hear the issues you encountered and want to apologize whole heartedly if we did not meet your expectations in anyway. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave and for not receiving such service we apologize.

Your feedback is very valuable because it allows us to find out where we are lacking in our responsibilities to you, our valued guests. In response to some of your concerns we have recently started to do an in-house renovation to address some of the issues you mentioned. In addition we are continuously working to train our staff to live , breath and work EXECELLANCE. So that your stay will not just be “Tolerable “but “Pleasurable”

Once again thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Yours In Service ,

Harry H Hawkins III
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I booked quite a few rooms for my team that was traveling down there for a tournament. Not only were the rooms accomodating with space but the hotel staff was as well. I had fresh towels and sheets everyday, the shuttle took us anywhere anytime, the location is great right next to a huge mall and tons of restaurants. Besides the little snafu of a lost reservation (which was handeled very professionally and timely) the experience was great and would not hesitate to stay there or any of their locations again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Yours In Continued Service

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

our trip started with 3 phone calls and over an hour wait for a shuttle service from the airport. we got charged much more than the internet rate as we called, and this was not corrected. breakfast is a joke, so is the service. for the money we spent, we were much better off at courtyard or marriott.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Vauled Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Aloft Arundel Mills I am disheartened to hear your view of our property and want to apologize whole heartedly if we did not meet your expectations in anyway. It is our goal to ensure that every guest receives excellence with caring from the moment they walk in the door until the time they leave and for not receiving such service we apologize.

Yours In Service

Been to Aloft Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!