If zero was a choice to use for ranking, that would be it for the pathetic service at this hotel. The service was soooo bad that the fact that the hotel is quite nice, made no difference. We arrived, reservation in hand at 10:15 pm (having specified our late arrival). Ahead of us in line was a young couple, plus two people who appeared to be waiting for some word from the lone reservation clerk. The clerk seemed to be chatting to one of the single women who was (we can only assume) waiting for a room assignment. The other single person at some point got a room key and left (around 10:30pm).
By this time, a young guy all dressed in his wedding suit was on line behind us, and another woman was waiting behind him. The female clerk had not made eye contact with anyone but the woman she had been speaking with since we got on line, nor of course had she made even the slightest attempt to explain what was going on to anyone. According to the woman guest she'd been speaking with all this time, the Starwood system had overbooked and there were three floors that had recently been painted and apparently were not supposed to be used for guests.
Around 10:40 pm, another clerk arrived, they conferred briefly, and the inept female left the area. The new clerk finally started checking folks in. But as it turns out, we were all being assigned to the newly painted rooms! At 11 pm, we got our room on the 6th floor, went in and nearly had tears in our eyes from the paint fumes. Tried the tv but the remote didn't work. As my partner went back down to demand a different room, the newly married bride and groom were on their way to their room --also on the 6th floor.
In the end we finally were given a room at the Element Hotel which is also a Starwood hotel and is adjacent to Aloft Arundel Starwood. The newlyweds came right on our heels. So after approximately one hour from the time we got on line, we had a room. Sort of an office. The king size bed was very comfortable and the pillows were great....I will never go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Aloft Arundel Mills Hotel, located just minutes outside Baltimore and the BWI Airport, is near fantastic shopping at the Arundel Mills Mall, great restaurants and lots of family-friendly fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Aloft Arundel Mills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Arundel Mills Hotel Hanover
- Aloft Hotel Arundel Mills