“After weeks of haggling, starwood hotels finally give me the 4000 points I had asked for” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Arundel Mills

Book Early and Save
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

I had written a review prior to this one under poor about staying at aloft arundel mills and getting no wake up call and almost missing my flight.

this morning I heard from social media of starwood hotels and a mister jesus partel said he would be glad to give me the 4000 points for my inconvenience. thanks so much and I hope management will handle things differently in the future.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

Yeah, this place is pretty rad. Never stayed at an "aloft" before, but will definitely be looking for the name the next time I'm traveling. The rooms are so fantastically put together and the place is so unique. Just walking through the lobby was an experience. There are strange little pleasantries hidden everywhere. The perfect place for wanderers.

The staff was also extremely friendly. Gloriel at front desk being the most helpful front desk associate I've ever met.

Will be recommending to everyone. Great job, guys.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Livermore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

The title of this review is how my wife described Aloft when she stayed here. Since then, I've been three times myself. The lobby is full of glitzy lighting and electronic music, but upstairs is calmer with efficient, though smallish rooms. This hotel has a distinctive, masculine, urban style; it's not your typical, anonymous mid-priced hotel, and if you want soft surfaces or a bathtub, you should look elsewhere.
I have stayed in three different rooms here, and they were all identical. As you enter the room, there's a small area to the side with a sink, open closet, and a dorm fridge (which is empty, not stocked with minibar items). You'll also find free bottled water and some old issues of Spin magazine. This alcove continues past a toilet to a stall shower. The main bedroom has a built-in desk overlooking a window, a large bed, a retro-style clock radio, and a big-screen TV facing the bed. The layout is functional, but if you're staying for more than a few days, you might prefer the extra room in the Element hotel, which is adjacent and shares some of the common areas.
One of my favorite things about this hotel is the fitness room, which has new, high-quality equipment. It's not very big, but unlike most hotel fitness rooms I've seen, it doesn't feel like a crummy afterthought.
Although the hotel is close to BWI airport (about 3 miles from the rental car center) and a big freeway, I've never been bothered by noise.
As for food, the bar in the lobby has some pub food (which I haven't tried), and there are packaged foods for sale in the lobby. At breakfast, there is a selection of hot and cold items, but they aren't free (at least, not at the room rates I paid). There is a big shopping mall with restaurants and a grocery store nearby. It's walking distance, but not a very inviting walk.
This is not a luxurious hotel, but it's stylish and fun, and I stay here or at the Element whenever I'm in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I've stayed at aloft in on several occasions and the entire staff has been consistently professional, friendly and courteous. Amber, in particular, brightens everyone's day with her magnetic smile and welcoming presence at the Front Desk. The bar service is equally up to the task and deserves special mention. WIthout question, each of my stays at aloft have been worth the money spent. I would definitely recommend this location.

Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Ellicott City, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I have stayed here many times in the last year. I loved this property because it was close to the mall and the airport. the last time I stayed there, I had an early international flight so I called downstairs to get a wake up call for early the next morning. I tried to set the bedside clock for a back-up but was not working. I did have a cell phone with me and used it for a back-up call. As I feared, no wake up call from the hotel. My cell phone saved my flight which was the only flight to my destination that day. when i arrived downstairs at the desk, the girl at the desk said she did not work there, she worked at element hotel next door and did not look at any wake-up list.

I informed starwood points and the manager of aloft arundel mills, his name is Carlos Rentas. He apologized and said he would give me 1500 starwood points into my account even though it takes 4000 points to stay a night there. I asked him if he wanted me to come back to please give another 2500 points, he has ignored me so far.

I had also stayed there before and the driver of the shuttle was late bringing me to the airport and had to run the catch the plane

Room Tip: ask for a room facing a view of something besides the courtyard.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

The hotel and staff were great. Me and my family will definitely be returning. I would like to especially thank Amber who assisted me during checkout. She was very pleasant and a huge help. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
fmayes, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the aloft Arundel Mills, the new tWist in travel! We appreciate your excitement about our hotel and our talent members who work here! We look forward to welcoming you back to aloft the next time you need a hotel in the Hanover/Baltimore area!
Live Life aloft!
Hanover,Md.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Where do I begin to rave about this hotel and the staff!!!!!
The rooms are modern exceptionally clean and extremely comfortable

But it is the staff!!! That puts this hotel in a league of its own!

From the minute you walk in the staff make you feel at home

From the Manager Jayquin, Amber at the desk and Shameka in the lounge just to name afew of the staff but all have the same motivation to make your stay at this hotel a pleasure

They are some of the best I have had the pleasure of meeting in the hospitality world!

It is always Good Evening or Good Morning whenever you pass the desk

I have traveled extensively the last couple of years and this hotel has me wanting ti write this review

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
fmayes, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the aloft Arundel Mills, the new tWist in travel! We appreciate your excitement about our hotel and I’m certainly glad that you had a positive experience. Reviews like yours confirms my belief that we have terrific, service minded talent members here at the aloft! They are friendly yet professional and want our guests to have a memorable experience while staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to aloft the next time your travels bring you back to the Hanover/Baltimore area!

Live, Life, aloft!

Been to Aloft Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!