“Good enough.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Manila, Philippines
“Good enough.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

The Aloft is a pretty modern hotel. It's relatively cheap but do not expect 5-star amenities/service.

The rooms were okay, again very modern and very European. I've attached pictures of the bathroom and the bedroom. I didn't like that the bathroom uses those soap and shampoo dispensers. I always like using actual bar soaps.

Breakfast was meh. We had a $10 voucher which we used to buy a sausage and egg sandwich (disgusting) and some drinks. (I thought it was something you can get at a 7-11.)

Didn't get to try out the pool but my niece and nephew did and they said it was cold as heck.

Good location though, it takes you about less than 5 minutes to get to Arundel Mills or the restaurants around it. :)

Room Tip: Internet was ridiculously FAST. Must-try!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Thurmont, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Room was more like a WW!! Bunker (all concrete) than a high class EXPENSIVE hotel! Bath was elegant (shower only) but the bed was like sleeping on the parking lot!! Inside pool was small and crowds easily and only 5 ft deep (no fun). I have asked for my money back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
fmayes, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Thank you for staying with us at the aloft Arundel Mills. I sincerely appreciate your honest comments about your visit. I apologize that the hotel did not meet your expectations. The aloft brand is the new tWist in travel that features exposed lobby ceilings, concrete floors, a pool table and loft styled rooms. In your future travels to the area may I suggest that you try our element Arundel Mills, which showcases a “green” friendly, contemporary environment and features larger rooms with the Westin’s Heavenly Bed. Or for a more traditional experience, please try our Sheraton BWI or Westin BWI hotels. Either way, I invite you to give us the opportunity to regain your confidence.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

My mother-in-law was in town, and offered to watch our one year old while my husband and I had our first night away since we had our baby. We decided to stay at Aloft because of the prices, and the general feel of the hotel.

The ladies at the front were very helpful and accommodating. They were very friendly and fun, and even let us choose which floor we wanted to stay on. I really liked the modern feel of the hotel. I didn't find it contrived or cheap, but hip and fun. My husband and I don't drink, but it looked like people were having a good time over at the bar.

We enjoyed the pool, but were slightly put off by no hot tub, but we could have found somewhere else that had one if we really wanted to. It obviously wasn't a deal breaker, and was quickly forgotten.

The rooms were a little smaller than I had imagined, but the ceilings were nice and high, the bed was very large, and I enjoyed the spacious shower. I found the bed to be comfortable, though I am not one to be too picky about my sleeping arrangements.

The Arundel Mills mall right next door is also an awesome place to shop! It is HUGE, and has most of my favorite stores.

Bottom line, it was a nice hotel, a good value, but I think the rooms are a little tight for a long term stay if you are traveling with more than one person. It was just perfect for our little night away! My first time sleeping in, in over a year!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
fmayes, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with the Aloft Arundel Mills for your evening away with your husband! We appreciate you staying with us and writing a review! It is great to hear that your night was successful and we hope that you are able to take another get away soon and be able to sleep in! We look forward to welcoming you back for your next get away!

Palm Springs, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Cute and trendy. Good for a quick overnight stay. Nothing spectacular. Somewhat disappointed. Ok bar. Great waffles!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
fmayes, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with the Aloft Arundel Mills. We truly appreciate your business and I’d like to personally thanks you for taking the time to write a review based on your experience with us. We are always working to improve our service and product. Any suggestions as the what we can do better would be greatly appreciated. I apologize for failing to meet your expectations but it is my hope that you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future, and earn your business. Should you want to discuss any of your experiences in greater detail, I am always available at 443-577-0077.

Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011 via mobile

A year or so ago, this was a great place to stay. The shuttle drivers were welcoming, front desk was great, bartebdedss were good and there was a good vibe to the place. Just stayed there last night and wow that has changed. I was told the shuttle would be 15 minutes, ended up being 50. The driver said nothing, and the woman at the front desk, whom I spoke to on the phone to request the shuttle could have cared less. Bartender was poor at best and more interested in talking to his friends and other employees rather than service guests. The vibe is completely gone and the place is a ghost town, for good reason I have learned. Having stayed there several times over the past 2 years, it has gotten worse every time and I will no longer be staying there. Being a platinum member of starwood, it is a shame to see a hotel go downhill so such, but unfortunately I have seen much of the same across many of the other Starwood properties over the past few years.

• Stayed May 2011
fmayes, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with Aloft Arundel Mills. We value your patronage and I truly appreciate your honest comments. Unfortunately it is reviews like this that call attention to the lapses in service. I apologize for the inconvenienced you experienced because of the shuttle’s delay and for the lack of attentive service you received at the w xyz Bar. We fall short of your expectations of customer service, and from what one might expect from a Starwood Hotel. I am personally addressing these and other service issues as we work towards making the aloft Arundel Mills the world-class hotel it deserves to be.

Again, that you for your business and I hope that you will reconsider staying with us again. We would welcome the opportunity to redeem ourselves and the confidence that you have in Starwood Hotels. Should you want to discuss any of your experiences in greater detail, I am always available at 443-577-0077.

Silver City, New Mexico, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

I booked this hotel for my sister and her friends as a graduation present from college. It was unknown to me that because I was not present that they needed a copy of my driver's license and credit card which I was uncomfortable faxing a copy of. But what made it terrible was the above mention information took me 4 different representative who didn't have a clue, no manager or supervisor present to inform me correctly. Needless to say I had to travel over an hour to meet my sister and to the hotel to have the matter resolved even though I paid for the hotel online. My sister thought the hotel was modern and fun and I will admit it was beautiful and inexpensive and reminded me of the fun hotels in Florida. Unfortunately my sister and friends were awakened at 3 am by a hotel staff member who wanted to personally hand deliver the hotel invoice the day before my sister's ceremony. When I spoke to the manager about it she was quite abrupt and stated that a staff member would never do such a thing. Funny, four young women would lie about staff banging on the door at 3 am and prior issues with staff providing incorrect information regarding their billing practices. Yes it is quite far fetched. She tried to placate the situation by offering my sister and her company breakfast but driving an 1hr and half to deal with the incompetence of the staff was annoying. Again it was a beautiful hotel besides that minor blunder, I hope that they have better training with their youthful staff.

Room Tip: Make sure you speak to a knowledgeable staff.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
fmayes, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
Thank for choosing the Aloft Arundel Mills and we appreciate your business. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you and your sister experienced during the booking and check-in process. Further, I’m sorry that we failed to explain the entire process. Protecting the credit and identity of our guests is of the utmost importance to us therefore the requirement of the authorization and photo identification. With that said, I do hope that you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future, and earn your business. I look forward to your return to the aloft Arundel Mills.

Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

I recently stayed at the ALOFT Hotel at Arundel Mills and it was anything but great. I am very dissapointed at the UNPROFESSIONAL staff. In fact, I was never greeted and the receptionist acted as though she was doing me a favor by checking me in! There are no ice machines on any floor and customers have to go down stairs to the front office and rely on the receptionist to get you the ice... I never even saw the receptionist wash her hands when she got me the ice and I know for a fact that she had been registering guest and touching germ infested credit cards. What a shame! This same receptionist, along with another employee, was even talking badly about a guest! It sickend me!! To top it all off, the next morning I went downstairs to the main floor for coffee and I was told that they only had employee coffee and it would not be ready until after 12:30 noon? What? It was only 11:50 AM. Was I suppossed to wait? I felt like I was nothing to the employees of this hotel. I will never patronize this hotel again, ever! Lastly, the pool was very small and NO HOT TUB!!! I only had enough room to turn around in the pool and that was it.. What a waste and what a SHAME!! (Hotel had a cold feel and less than appealing environment)

Room Tip: Do your research first! Call the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
fmayes, General Manager at Aloft Arundel Mills, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
First and foremost, thank you for choosing to stay at the aloft Arundel Mills. You are a valued guest and truly appreciate your honest comments. Please accept my sincere apology for falling short of your expectations of customer service and from what one might expect from a Starwood Hotel. I have spoken with many of the talent members that worked last weekend about this incident in hopes of avoiding this type of occurrence in the future. As a note, aloft Brand hotels do not have ice machines on the guest room floors. I do apologize if this was not mentioned during your interaction with the aloha desk. Again, I apologize for failing to meet your expectation of service and it is my hope that you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future, and earn your business. Should you want to discuss any of your experiences in greater detail, I am always available at 443-577-0077.

Live, Life, Aloft!

Been to Aloft Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!