I love this hotel--unique decor, comfy beds, great lobby with a pool table, games, and a great courtyard for folks to hang out together. Will stay here again--but you have to put up with the staff attitude and lack of customer service. This staff attitude was best exemplified by the response my niece got when she asked about getting more coffee during breakfast and was told by a staff member: "Ask someone else--that's not my job."
I had booked about 10 rooms this past weekend and was told that I could check in early in 1 room--we had to get dressed for a wedding and had to leave the hotel by 3. Despite the reassurance when making the reservation and again when confirming the reservation--we were told when we arrived at the hotel that no rooms would be available until after 3. Now--practically we all know that some rooms are cleaned and ready very early and others not until much later--but the staff refused to budge from the party line that no rooms would be ready until after we had to leave for the wedding. Despite pleading with the hotel to let us at least check in so that we wouldn't have the hassle of checking in after the wedding--they refused. So--when we finally got back from the wedding at 11PM--no rooms were available in the category we had reserved --2 queen beds.. Eventually they got someone at the front desk who gave us some extra rooms free to compensate for the lack of extra beds--but this was a 20 minute process and we were exhausted. So--you can imagine all of us dragging our luggage up to our rooms after a 20 minute hassle at the front desk--and then having trouble getting off of the elevator because the police were hadcuffing someone right outside the elevator right on our floor. Can't blame that on the hotel--but it was just one of those situations that only occurs when you are exhausted and sleepy.
At breakfast I listened to several other groups who were complaining about similar customer service issues--so ours was not an isolated case.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Aloft Arundel Mills Hotel, located just minutes outside Baltimore and the BWI Airport, is near fantastic shopping at the Arundel Mills Mall, great restaurants and lots of family-friendly fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Starwood, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Aloft Arundel Mills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Arundel Mills Hotel Hanover
- Aloft Hotel Arundel Mills