“Hold out for WED...” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
hpt
“Hold out for WED...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

This D&B is an experience...as one of my co-workers always say.."I am not overwhelmed or under-whelmed...I was simply whelmed". That epitomises my experience here. I went on a weekend then during the mid-week. I went in March then just over the weekend again. There are some cool games but it isn't laid out that well. On Wed, they offer 1/2 drinks, apps, and games. This location, being in the AM mall opts to charge a BEER tax and LIQ tax, not to mention a 18% gratuity to your tap. FLAT OUT, regardless of the # in your party....#ijs, that aint cool. During my college years, I bartended and "earned" my tips directly by the quality of service offered, not just b/c. The kids emjoy it. The classic games are there (skee-ball, air hockey, etc..) but the CLASSIC MsPac-Man / Space Invaders game is ALL the way in the BACK in the bowling alley section. The bartenders back there are really cool...and quite often NOT too many kids lurk back there...(FYI...)

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

US
“Worse Dave and Busters I've been to”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

So, I have been to the Dave and Busters in Philadelphia and Short Pump, VA area. Great experiences..this D&B Not so much. The hostesses were talking and laughing among themselves when we approached the desk and asked to be seated. We were told to wait behind the line. We did, and were shocked when they continued their conversation about the week's events (basketball games, the nfl draft, etc.) Once seated it took 13 minutes to get water, our order came out wrong, and then 8 minutes to get my credit card back. When the waiter brought us the check he asked if we could donate money to the make a wish foundation because "there is a little girl who is going to die so they are trying to send her to Hawaii" I was stunned!!! I have never experienced anything like that at all. I have seen donation buckets or something placed in your bill, but for the waiter to make that statement so matter of factly was ridiculous. I will not be returning

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
“Not like I remembered”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

The last Dave & Busters I visited was years ago in San Diego, and I remembered that the food was really good. So I had a chance to check one out in the B'more/DC area and it just very mediocre.

Visited March 2012
Columbia, Maryland
“Not too bad . . .”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

We went as a group for a friend's birthday. Waitress was friendly and professional, but considering that there were very few customers, the service could have been quicker. Food wasn't bad - nothing too impressive, but good. Will say that it was a bit overpriced though. We didn't try the gaming area, so unfortunately I can't comment on that. I don't anticipate returning.

• Visited October 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Edgewater, Maryland
“ABSOLUTELY RANCID!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

O.k. First when we walked in from the mall entrance the game room smelled like dirty sock and feet. we walked into the back where it didnt smell as bad. We sat down at one of the hightop tables in the bar area. we had to ask for another chair for my boyfriend. I ordered the slider because I wanted something small, they were aweful the meat was nothing more than a childs hamburger cut into 4s and slapped on soggy buns. my boyfriend ordered the ribs and chicken, the ribs were tough and the chicken was just soso not for the price we paid. Also we ordered shots and had to wait 20 minutes, the waited told us they were waiting for the bar back to clean some glasses. then we receive the bill and there was already a 16% tip included, I can see for a perty of 6-8 or more but not for just 2 people I worked in the bar industry for about 15 years and I have never had my tip already included for a table for 2. Then we also had to pay a 5% food tax and a 6% liquor tax. To top the night off the manager was wearing his past down below is rear end, very unattractive and very unprofessional. Personally I will never go back. if i wanted to spend $80.00 for 2 people I would expact the food to be much better absolutely horrible!!!!!!!!!

• Visited December 2011