“Clean, nice hotel - would stay again!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pittsburgh, PA
“Clean, nice hotel - would stay again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for one night and could not have been more pleased. Despite what others said, the hotel was clean, especially my room. I forgot a hair dryer at home and had no problem borrowing one. Housekeeping brought it to my room pronto.

I ate a light breakfast the next morning and the staff was prompt, polite and accomodating.

It's in a great location - very close to the MD DOT office building and BWI. Also, very close to the Arundel Mills mall.

A good deal for the price. Definitely consider staying here!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

The picture says it all: DIRT! Had "breakfast" here with the family which was average (runny eggs, warm milk) the bathroom was gross "DIRT" the front desk was overwhelmed when we checked in (get some more help, one person cant check in ten people!) tried to use pool but it closes at 9:00?!! gym was good except they play really loud soul music, had to crank ipod upto 10... overall spend your money somewhere else!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

This new hotel situated adjacent to BWI Airport and a half mile down the road from now gigantic Arundel Mills shopping mall, is a great value. 6 floors of spacious nicely decorated clean rooms with a sprawling lobby, business center, indoor pool and restaurant/grill make this place a comfort. The staff is friendly and you cannot beat the cheap prices. I would recommend this place to anyone flying out of BWI or visiting Arundel Mills. Great value!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Harrogate, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

I found this new hotel to be over all ok. No reason for this to be my place to stay in the BWI / Arundel Mills area. Check in time was way too long. I was not pleased on how I had to ask for my Diamond benifits at this hotel. Rooms were clean and good. Breakfast was ok, not the best I have had at an HGI. Lots of parking, free internet, good location. Shuttle service was good. Staff was good for the most part. I just hate having to tell a staff member my Diamond benifits. It is a new hotel so there is still room to grow..

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

I had surgery in Baltimore and needed to recover locally for a week, so I booked this hotel.

They supposedly give you the option to opt-out of receiving a daily newspaper, which I did, twice, yet I still received the newspaper everyday. This is not a big deal, but why offer the option if it's not available?

I removed my "Do Not Disturb" sign by 10 am every morning, yet some of the days, by 6 PM, my room still hadn't been made up, so I'd have to call the front desk. According to literature in the room, they change sheets every 3rd day of your stay, but I was in my room during housekeeping and my sheets were not changed. It's not a big deal because I don't change my sheets at home that often, but I didn't like the fact that they lied about it.

The shower did not get hot, it was lukewarm at best and there was hair in the tub when I arrived.

They tout a bed with firmness control, but the bed in my room was broken.

I told them when I made the reservation that I was going to be recovering from surgery and would like a quiet room, but I was put on the street side of the hotel, which was anything but quiet.

One night, someone pulled the fire alarm, so I had to walk down 4 flights of stairs in my nightie and stand outside in the cold until the Fire Dept cleared the building. I know it's not the hotel's fault, but it was really the icing on the cake.

On the upside, the room was attractively decorated and had a fridge and microwave, which was very convenient given my situation. The plate in the microwave didn't fit properly so it made a loud clunking sound, but it wasn't horrible. The free internet access was ok and there was an ice machine on the floor. And once I called about housekeeping service, they responded pretty quickly.

A marketing intern must have decided to go with a "big day" theme, which was kind of weird and annoying. For example, the soap packaging said, "Start your big day with clean hands". and the room key said, "Tomorrow's a big day". I'm in a hotel 10 minutes from BWI, how "big" is my day really going to be?

I booked a Hilton because I wanted a comfortable and peaceful place to recover, but really a Days Inn would've been much cheaper, and not much worse. I'm not in a hurry to stay at another Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
H13, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, responded to this review, March 15, 2010
Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay with us. In an effort to improve our service I have shared your comments with the staff. If you would allow us an opportunity in the future to make this up to you, please contact me and I will personally handle your request. sincerely, Dorothy Paez, General Manager
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

My husband and I stayed here on our way to DC. It was a convenient, easy, 45 minute drive for us to DC the next day. It is close to the BWI airport as well. The rooms were very comfortable, clean and quiet. Our king bed had a fluffy pad under the mattress cover which made it perfect. The room temperature was controlled with a thermostat, so it was quiet and consistent. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Ocean City, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

Nice place, they're fairly new, not sure when they opened though. Just 15 minutes from downtown Inner Harbor. The beds were a bit too firm, coffee wasn't ready in the morning at the dining area, cookies were gone too soon... overall nice hotel. Mainly booked for location and price. Would recommend depending on your criteria...

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!