“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was a fantastic place to stay. it's just off the main drag by the Arundel Mills Mall and Live Casino but they had a shuttle service that went 24 hours. The shuttle drivers were informative! We stayed for 4 nights in a king room. It had a microwave and fridge. The king bed had a way to change the firmness. Worked well. We slept great. Very friendly service. Great atmosphere. It did have a breakfast menu (2 levels) but the cost was a bit pricey for what you got. It also has a bar open in the evening.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night. We had a king room. The room was very clean. The room also came with a microwave, a fridge, and coffee pot. The bed was comfy and you could adjust the firmness of the mattress which was nice. The location to the mall and casino were good. They also offered a shuttle service to the casino in case you didn't want to drive. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this to anyone and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
HGIArundel, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. Our guest feedback in invaluable and is shared with the team. We hope to see you again in the near future and look forward to serving you again!
DP
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I only stayed at this location overnight but the staff was extremely helpful during checkin/checkout and when I asked about a quick jaunt into DC. I am considering this location for a family vacation to DC in the near future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to write such nice comments about our staff and your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Arundel Mills. We do try to make every guest experience memorable and we are very happy to hear we made a difference during your visit with us. On behalf of the team we look forward to your return.
DP
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed here for business; room was comfortable; pool and fitness center available; easy parking right in front of the building; complimentary coffee in the morning; microwave and refrigerator in the rooms; complimentary cookies in the afternoon. A few issues with the internet connections though.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for non-smoking room; as they allow smoking in some of the rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HGIArundel, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Arundel Mills. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. I have asked my engineering team to look into the internet issues so that we can correct the problem and thank you for bring it to our attention. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will come back again soon!.
Severn, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I recently went to Hilton Garden Inn in Hanover, Maryland to grab a quick bite to eat and I must admit the service and food was exceptional. My server Ciara was prompt professional, courteous and friendly. My food was brought out rather quickly and quite frankly my expectations where not very high as I was not a guest staying at their hotel. Once my food arrived it was pipping hot and delicious. I commented to my server that my steak was the best I have had in a long time and much to my surprise the Chef Esther came out to greet me. I obviously thanked her personally for the great meal she had so thoughtfully and perfectly cooked for me and my family I felt like I was the only one she was cooking for, the hotel and lobby where clean and the ambiance was superb. Shortly after the Chef left I asked my server Ciara to tell em again what the Chef's special was, which of course she told me again "RIBS". I loved the Chef's food so much I ordered a to go order of the Chefs special "RIBS" to go for an easy meal the next day. Once again not expecting much after I got home, I decided to try the ribs, OMG they where DELICIOUS! far exceeding my expectations, needless to say I don't have any ribs left for tomorrow. But rest assured that if Ciara and Esther are there tomorrow I WILL BE BACK!. Great job to all involved in making what was supposed to be a quick bite of average tasting food, in to a wonderful dinning experience. We found our new favorite restaurant in town far better than the usual franchises out there. Expect more business in the near future. THANK YOU!!!!

Room Tip: Unfortunately I was not a guest, but judging by the lobby and restaurant area, I will say the rooms...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wow - thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your dining experience. We are all very excited that we made such a wonderful impression on you. This week we introduced our new dinner and room service menus, so please stop by anytime to try some new items that Chef Esther and her team will gladly prepare.
Hilton Garden Inn Arundel Mills
American Grill and Restaurant
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is on the same street as the BWI Rental Car facility a mere 1.2 miles away. The HGI will pick you up or drop you off at the rental car building. I had an early morning flight out, so rather than making a two hour drive at 4:00am, hunting down a gas station, and trying to find that elusive rental car facility, I chose to stay here, drop off my car early, get a good nights sleep, and have an easy ride in the hotel van to the airport the next morning. The hotel is across the highway from the very busy Arundel Mills Mall and Casino. It's an easy walk, or the hotel will drive you there. However, the HGI side of the highway is much, much quieter with much less traffic. There are 2 gas stations behind the hotel for that last minute fill up, as well as a Denny's plus a Dunkin Donuts, Thai, Italian, and Indian/Pakistani restaurants in a brand new little strip center around the corner. The front desk staff was wonderful and welcoming, and very helpful. You can always count on a consistently good product at a Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed there fir first family vacation in a while, was told by agent included free breakfast...which it doesnt. So without request front desk gave me vouchers until i found confirmation. I presented them to restaurant lady. She grilled me on why I had them and I told her. I asked if it was a problem and she said she would figure it out. We proceeded to get food..which was very bad, not worth $10, how they burn bacon is unclear. She stalked me no less than 3 times whenever I got food about the vouchers, had multiple managers involved and finally after 4 stalks comes to my table to inform me I wont be getting any more free breakfasts. At this point I am furious and hand her the credit card...she actually said to me: "What's your problem? Could be I just want to start my vacation. The pool doesnt open until 4pm so skip if you are not there in business.

Room Tip: The rooms are small and the skeep number beds are like rocks even on "soft"..get a room as...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HGIArundel, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Please accept my sincsere apologies regarding the confusion with your breakfast.
While you were in the Great American Grill for breakfast the first morning of your stay - the server made me aware of the situation and asked me to look into your reservation and confirm if indeed your room rate included breakfast for four. I am sorry if you felt our server was a bother. Her intention was to correct the situation and after we spoke she confirmed with you that your room rate did not include free breakfast for the family. I was under the impression you were aware that we did not charge you for the breakfast and apologize if we did not communicate that to you at the time.
Due to county regulations we are required by law to have a lifeguard on duty when the pool is open - we are open from 4-9pm Monday through Friday and 10am to 9pm on weekends as are the majority of the hotels in Anne Arundel County.
Again, I am very sorry the situation that occurred caused you to have ill feelings towards us and hope that you will give us another chance in the future should your travels bring you back to our area.
Dorothy Paez

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!