“Great place” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Severn, Maryland
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I recently went to Hilton Garden Inn in Hanover, Maryland to grab a quick bite to eat and I must admit the service and food was exceptional. My server Ciara was prompt professional, courteous and friendly. My food was brought out rather quickly and quite frankly my expectations where not very high as I was not a guest staying at their hotel. Once my food arrived it was pipping hot and delicious. I commented to my server that my steak was the best I have had in a long time and much to my surprise the Chef Esther came out to greet me. I obviously thanked her personally for the great meal she had so thoughtfully and perfectly cooked for me and my family I felt like I was the only one she was cooking for, the hotel and lobby where clean and the ambiance was superb. Shortly after the Chef left I asked my server Ciara to tell em again what the Chef's special was, which of course she told me again "RIBS". I loved the Chef's food so much I ordered a to go order of the Chefs special "RIBS" to go for an easy meal the next day. Once again not expecting much after I got home, I decided to try the ribs, OMG they where DELICIOUS! far exceeding my expectations, needless to say I don't have any ribs left for tomorrow. But rest assured that if Ciara and Esther are there tomorrow I WILL BE BACK!. Great job to all involved in making what was supposed to be a quick bite of average tasting food, in to a wonderful dinning experience. We found our new favorite restaurant in town far better than the usual franchises out there. Expect more business in the near future. THANK YOU!!!!

Room Tip: Unfortunately I was not a guest, but judging by the lobby and restaurant area, I will say the rooms...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HGIArundel, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Wow - thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your dining experience. We are all very excited that we made such a wonderful impression on you. This week we introduced our new dinner and room service menus, so please stop by anytime to try some new items that Chef Esther and her team will gladly prepare.
Hilton Garden Inn Arundel Mills
American Grill and Restaurant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is on the same street as the BWI Rental Car facility a mere 1.2 miles away. The HGI will pick you up or drop you off at the rental car building. I had an early morning flight out, so rather than making a two hour drive at 4:00am, hunting down a gas station, and trying to find that elusive rental car facility, I chose to stay here, drop off my car early, get a good nights sleep, and have an easy ride in the hotel van to the airport the next morning. The hotel is across the highway from the very busy Arundel Mills Mall and Casino. It's an easy walk, or the hotel will drive you there. However, the HGI side of the highway is much, much quieter with much less traffic. There are 2 gas stations behind the hotel for that last minute fill up, as well as a Denny's plus a Dunkin Donuts, Thai, Italian, and Indian/Pakistani restaurants in a brand new little strip center around the corner. The front desk staff was wonderful and welcoming, and very helpful. You can always count on a consistently good product at a Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed there fir first family vacation in a while, was told by agent included free breakfast...which it doesnt. So without request front desk gave me vouchers until i found confirmation. I presented them to restaurant lady. She grilled me on why I had them and I told her. I asked if it was a problem and she said she would figure it out. We proceeded to get food..which was very bad, not worth $10, how they burn bacon is unclear. She stalked me no less than 3 times whenever I got food about the vouchers, had multiple managers involved and finally after 4 stalks comes to my table to inform me I wont be getting any more free breakfasts. At this point I am furious and hand her the credit card...she actually said to me: "What's your problem? Could be I just want to start my vacation. The pool doesnt open until 4pm so skip if you are not there in business.

Room Tip: The rooms are small and the skeep number beds are like rocks even on "soft"..get a room as...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HGIArundel, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Please accept my sincsere apologies regarding the confusion with your breakfast.
While you were in the Great American Grill for breakfast the first morning of your stay - the server made me aware of the situation and asked me to look into your reservation and confirm if indeed your room rate included breakfast for four. I am sorry if you felt our server was a bother. Her intention was to correct the situation and after we spoke she confirmed with you that your room rate did not include free breakfast for the family. I was under the impression you were aware that we did not charge you for the breakfast and apologize if we did not communicate that to you at the time.
Due to county regulations we are required by law to have a lifeguard on duty when the pool is open - we are open from 4-9pm Monday through Friday and 10am to 9pm on weekends as are the majority of the hotels in Anne Arundel County.
Again, I am very sorry the situation that occurred caused you to have ill feelings towards us and hope that you will give us another chance in the future should your travels bring you back to our area.
rosedale, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

check in was great.. upon leaving AN Event returned to room serveral trays in hallway.. when going down to breakfast in the am trays still in hallway. Breakfast was Horrible lacked flavor and service . It took over 20 mins to get an omelet and waffle and when we got it the omelet was burnt and the waffle was over done and hard. and you pay 10 buck for the buffet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Gloucester, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband called 2 days before we were to arrive in Maryland and booked a room. We are part of Hilton Honors.We drove in from Gloucester Va and with traffic it took us 4 hours to get to the hotel. We walked in,a very nice lady greeted us and we gave her our name only to be told we did not have a reservation.So after 30 plus minutes on the phone and no one not knowing where our reservation went and who my husband gave his cc info too we were irritated and decided to go elsewhere. They were more then willing to give us another room but we were irritated t the situation and tired from the drive.On the plus side it is a very nice looking hotel on the outside and when you walk and it's very inviting.I'm sure we would have had a nice stay if we had decided to stay. I guess maybe next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIArundel, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Please accept my apologies for any confusion that occurred with your reservation. If possible I would appreciate an opportunity to resolve the mystery of your lost reservation. If you would please contact the hotel directly and ask to speak to me - I will personally look into this.
General Manager, HGI Arundel Mills
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Upon entering, i was very impressed with the size and cleanliness of the lobby. It was gorgeous! The staff very impressive. The room was immaculate. To end my stay and start the day, a made to order omelet. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the kind comments regarding the HGI Arundel Mills. I have shared your review with the team and we are happy that you were so pleased with the hotel and staff. On behalf of the staff we hope to see you again soon!
General Manager, HGI Arundel Mills
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

When we arrived the hotel was just recovering from a power outage. We were met by “Tracey” at the front desk who was very nice and courteous. Though fully-booked, she was able to get our two rooms fairly close to each other. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. My only minor complaint is that for “double” rooms we were only provided two towels and wash cloths for each room. Still when we called for more, they were more than accommodating. The hotel offers free wi-fi but because of the earlier power outage the Internet didn't work the first night. Fortunately our mobile phones are hot spots so we had Internet access. Also, the girls that we were chaperoning in the other room were stuck at Arundel Mills and when they called the hotel for the shuttle to pick them up, the phone calls would not get through. Fortunately they called my wife and I and we were able to get word to the front desk that they needed to be picked-up and that problem was solved. Great kudos to the staff for accommodating an unusual request. We brought our DVD player with access to Netflix and other sites. We brought an AV cable but it had the wrong connection for the TV in the room. We called the front desk and they sent maintenance to assist us. I was surprised, thinking that they might just blow us off but in fact not only did they let us borrow their cable but their maintenance man helped us to set it up. Again, while the stay had problems it appears that they go out of their way to help accommodate guests here. The only minor “suggestion” I might make is periodic adjustment of the pool hours. Although the hotel is positioned for the business traveler, the pool hours are from 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Given that we were there for Spring Break, periodic adjustments might be considered for this and other periods of the year when families are traveling. Otherwise, I was very pleased with my stay and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I rate this hotel as an “excellent.”

Room Tip: Arrive early.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HGIArundel, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Arundel Mills. We truly appreciate your kind comments regarding your stay and the service we provided. We will look into the possibility of extending our pool hours during spring break. We hope to see you again soon.
Hilton Garden Inn
Arundel Mills

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!