“Expected better from HILTON” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Sleep, Fly!
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
rosedale, United States
“Expected better from HILTON”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

check in was great.. upon leaving AN Event returned to room serveral trays in hallway.. when going down to breakfast in the am trays still in hallway. Breakfast was Horrible lacked flavor and service . It took over 20 mins to get an omelet and waffle and when we got it the omelet was burnt and the waffle was over done and hard. and you pay 10 buck for the buffet.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Gloucester, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband called 2 days before we were to arrive in Maryland and booked a room. We are part of Hilton Honors.We drove in from Gloucester Va and with traffic it took us 4 hours to get to the hotel. We walked in,a very nice lady greeted us and we gave her our name only to be told we did not have a reservation.So after 30 plus minutes on the phone and no one not knowing where our reservation went and who my husband gave his cc info too we were irritated and decided to go elsewhere. They were more then willing to give us another room but we were irritated t the situation and tired from the drive.On the plus side it is a very nice looking hotel on the outside and when you walk and it's very inviting.I'm sure we would have had a nice stay if we had decided to stay. I guess maybe next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIArundel, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Please accept my apologies for any confusion that occurred with your reservation. If possible I would appreciate an opportunity to resolve the mystery of your lost reservation. If you would please contact the hotel directly and ask to speak to me - I will personally look into this.
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Upon entering, i was very impressed with the size and cleanliness of the lobby. It was gorgeous! The staff very impressive. The room was immaculate. To end my stay and start the day, a made to order omelet. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the kind comments regarding the HGI Arundel Mills. I have shared your review with the team and we are happy that you were so pleased with the hotel and staff. On behalf of the staff we hope to see you again soon!
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

When we arrived the hotel was just recovering from a power outage. We were met by “Tracey” at the front desk who was very nice and courteous. Though fully-booked, she was able to get our two rooms fairly close to each other. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. My only minor complaint is that for “double” rooms we were only provided two towels and wash cloths for each room. Still when we called for more, they were more than accommodating. The hotel offers free wi-fi but because of the earlier power outage the Internet didn't work the first night. Fortunately our mobile phones are hot spots so we had Internet access. Also, the girls that we were chaperoning in the other room were stuck at Arundel Mills and when they called the hotel for the shuttle to pick them up, the phone calls would not get through. Fortunately they called my wife and I and we were able to get word to the front desk that they needed to be picked-up and that problem was solved. Great kudos to the staff for accommodating an unusual request. We brought our DVD player with access to Netflix and other sites. We brought an AV cable but it had the wrong connection for the TV in the room. We called the front desk and they sent maintenance to assist us. I was surprised, thinking that they might just blow us off but in fact not only did they let us borrow their cable but their maintenance man helped us to set it up. Again, while the stay had problems it appears that they go out of their way to help accommodate guests here. The only minor “suggestion” I might make is periodic adjustment of the pool hours. Although the hotel is positioned for the business traveler, the pool hours are from 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Given that we were there for Spring Break, periodic adjustments might be considered for this and other periods of the year when families are traveling. Otherwise, I was very pleased with my stay and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. I rate this hotel as an “excellent.”

Room Tip: Arrive early.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HGIArundel, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Arundel Mills. We truly appreciate your kind comments regarding your stay and the service we provided. We will look into the possibility of extending our pool hours during spring break. We hope to see you again soon.
Hilton Garden Inn
Arundel Mills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The smoking rooms are terrible, and I was placed in one for the first night without warning. I was moved to another room on the following nights stay, but still had to suffer through the horrible first night since there were no available rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to write about your stay with us. I want to apologize that we did not have a non-smoking room the first night of your stay and I am glad that we were able to accommodate you the following day. I will share your comments with the HGI team and we do hope your next visit to Arundel Mills will be soon and that we will once again be your hotel of choice.
Hilton Garden Inn Arundel Mills
Radford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This seems to be a relatively new property and so everything is updated and fresh. The absolute best part, though, was David at the front desk. David was ALWAYS smiling and happy and helpful. All staff were professional and friendly, but David went above and beyond for every need. Cleaning staff also deserves a tip of the hat, as Toya was so friendly and helpful and willing to give suggestions on things to do in the area.
The business office was functional and well stocked with office supplies (problems with the fax machine were handled quickly by the front desk). There is a self-service laundry room for $1 per load, a decent gym, and indoor swimming pool. The front lobby is nice and comfortable to meet with people. Breakfast has variety and is good and reasonably priced. I did not use it, but a shuttle service is available.
Overall, a great experience for my 2 week business trip, made even more welcoming due to the friendly staff. They were so good, in fact, that in addition to writing this review here, I plan to send an email to the manager about David and Toya.
I will definitely stay here next time I return to the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful review. We strive to exceed our guest's expectations and we clearly did so with you. I will certainly share your comments with the team and especially those you gave a shout out too. Please come back and visit again soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Staff was helpful. Walked right passed the restaurant, was a small bar you ate at. The bartender/waiter was very nice. Food and drinks were very expensive Menu in the room was out dated. Breakfast buffet was overpriced. Bed was uncomfortable, had to take the sheet off for the so called adjustable. We turned the knob but it didn’t help. Casino was fun!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
H13, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us and give us your feedback regarding your stay. I will follow up with the entire staff to let them know about your trip with us, both the good and the "could be improved". We certainly hope you will travel back and see us soon.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!