“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

Park, Sleep, Fly!
Ranked #5 of 13 hotels in Hanover
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012 via mobile

It was a decent experience overall my only complaints would be the indoor pool was a little cold and housekeeping wasn't totally on the ball. One day they has taken all our used bath towels and didn't replace them. Then we had to wait half an hour for someone to bring up more when they did I had requested 3 but they only brought 2. My 11 year old son had to dry off with a hand towel

• Stayed February 2012

185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

This was a weekend stay for business 2/3-2/5. Overall this is a standard HGI that shares space with a Homewood Suites. The front desk service was very prompt, and the bar/restaurant had standard HGI fare. This hotel is right next to the Arundel Mills Mall and provides shuttle service within a five mile radius. I have stayed in several hotels in this general area, and would consider this HGI one of the nicest - especially if you can catch a good discounted rate. If not, it is on the higher end of the HGI price scale. The only negative I can mention is the internet service. It works, but is significantly slow, and drops connection on occasion. I found that the 3G service on my smart phone was actually faster than the wireless service in my room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

The hotel itself appears to be relatively new, which is nice compared to some of the older hotels near BWI. I agree with some of the other reviewers that it's a bit confusing since both the Garden Inn and Homewood Suites are in the same building, but the staff does steer you in the right direction if you get it wrong.

The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean and quiet, which is really all I can ask for on business-other than a fitness center-whichn, in this case is about average. There are local gyms nearby.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Westminster, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I stay at this hotel quite frequently. The service, food, people are all superb. I want to especially point out the great food that Chef DeShawn and Chef Red prepare. Whatever I have it is always wonderfully prepared and presented and tastes great. I especially enjoy what ever special creations they might come up with, whether its their own version of French Onion soup or the Hilton burger. They do not disappoint.
Also I would like to point out the great service of the best bartender in Maryland, Ms. Ro. She is just the nicest person and a great representative of the Hilton chain. She is courteous and fast and cares about everyone that walks into the hotel. I am very proud to be a Hilton owner, esp when you hire Hilton employees like Ro, DeShawn and Red.

Room Tip: Ask for a no smoking room. If you want to have a two room suite, stay on the other side at the Hilto...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Patrick M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn, Arundel Mills. It is great to recieve positive feedback from our guests and when we can recognize 3 individuals for their efforts to make your experience here a positive one. I will make sure that I pass along your kind words to the entire staff.

We look forward to your next visit!

Patrick Michael
Complex General Manager
Hilton Garden Inn/Homewood Suites
Arundel Mills, MD
hpt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I had family visiting for the holidays 2011 and being in stuffed in my 1BR apt is no fun....we opted to get them a room here for a few days. I pre-paid for the room and caught a deal on the price. It is down the street & around the corner from AA Mills Mall. I agree with others, the signage for this hotel isn't that great for newcomers. A (free) shuttle service runs to BWI and the mall every 30min. Rooms are kinda small, equipped with TV (HBO channels), Free WiFi, frig (no freezer), and Microwave. [A Homewood Suites shares this hotel building]. The HGI hotel has a small bar area, nice gym, & pool. The fireplace in the lobby was inoperable during our stay. I was bumed since we often like to linger in the lobby and play games/socialize with other guests....and it was COLD in the lobby so the fireplace WAS needed. The bed control was inopearble, but we slept well none the less.
FYI: housekeeeping knocked on our door at 0900 and again at 0930...this property was "maybe" at 35% occupancy during our visit. The first room we got had water pooling in the restroom which yielded an awful odor....not to mention we saw a small crawling bug on the latrine wall. We called front desk and housekeeping arrived and relocated us down the hall. The room tempature was COLD and it took the AC unit a while to regulate that room. Walls are kinda thin and next door noises could be easily heard (TV, crying child, and intercouse). I will not patronize this HGI again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Patrick M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn, Arundel Mills. We understand that every guest is different on their likes and dislikes, so we use this feedback to help train our staff on what our guests are looking for.

I want to apologize for the inconveinces that you experienced during your stay. We are making every effort to correct all of the issues that you stated. We are currently working to get the new signage for the hotel approved so that we can make it easier for all of our guests to find us. While we did have a recent problem with the fireplace, I am pleased to say that the fireplace is fixed and working now.

Please know that the problems that you experienced in your first room are not the normal here. I am happy to hear that we were able to move you rather quickly so that we could have the problem fixed. As you can tell from other posts, we do not have many complaints with noise from other rooms so I apologize for this isolated incident. We take the guests experience VERY seriously, and will do everything in our power to make sure that you have a great experience.

We look forward to the opportunity to show you that we can be better. Please do not hesitate to let me know how I can be of further assistance.

Patrick Michael
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Nice location, literally less than 3 mins from the car rental facility at BWI.

Complimentary breakfast coupons would've been nice. When I stayed at the Doubletree they provided me coupons the entire stay for their breakfast buffet (free)

Beds are rather comfy, have a soft/firmness adjustment dial.

TV operation is sluggish. No Pay movies or game rental.

Maid staff wasn't exactly consistent in their timing or their supply replenishment. I.e. some days they wouldn't leave any soaps/shampoos..and they were always leaving me Decaf coffee rather than regular. Service times varied from before lunch till sometimes as late as 5 pm.

2 washers/Dryers on site for guest use at $1 each

A slight con is the location of a fire station about a block away, that at times can get noisy at all hours of the night for obvious reasons. Firetrucks/ambulances coming and going, as well as noise from the airplanes.

There's a Denny's restaurant behind the hotel, adjacent to the Holiday Inn Express.

Just a few mins from the Arundel Mills Mall, lots of fast food eateries...Safeway Grocery, McDonalds, Golden Corral, Potbelly's, Subway, Chick-Fil-A, Staples, Dollar-Tree, Starbucks, Chipotle, Panera Bread, Wal-mart, Costco, Dunkin Donuts.

Overall not a bad stay at all.

Room Tip: South side facing rooms are probably quieter due to close proximity to fire station
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Kory D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore Arundel Mills! We pride ourselves on a great stay experience, and are very pleased that you found our accommodations "nice."

Thank you for your feedback about the issues you had with housekeeping regarding replenishing amenities. This is not the standard we hold ourselves to , I apologize. We always try to determine what spceific needs our guests require. and once again, I want to thank you for staying with us .

Next time you’re in the Hanover, MD area, I hope you’ll be our guest and give us an opportunity to "WOW" you!

Please do not hesitate to contact me if i can be of any assistance.

Kory Davis
new jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Very nice beautiful hotel. Stayed 12 days and definitely would stay again. A very nice breakfast buffett with omelets cooked even eggbeaters taste great. A very nice restaurant for dinner but many restaurants in the area. Only con was if you want a great cup of coffee inyour room bring your own coffee and pot and bottled water. Fist day coffee pot was broken but even with a new pot the coffee was lousy also little details like no hair dryer in room.

Room Tip: If you would like a bath tub request room with tub .My room only had a shower which was fine with me...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Kory D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Your kind and gracious comments regarding the Hotel facilities and the service you received are greatly appreciated. I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with our team. It is through such candid feedback that we continue to improve upon our product and services.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!