“I would not recommend it” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed 'N Breakfast Deal
Ranked #8 of 13 hotels in Hanover
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“I would not recommend it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

Choose the hotel because of the location near the airport, the mall and the free parking.
1 elevator was broken, and very very loud guests with many children in the hotel. Missed a safe in the room. Hotel is hard to find as there are no signs on the highway to indicate it, where as the other hotels did have them. Also you neeeed a car when staying here since it is a bit isolated to restaurants etc.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
GMHGIBAM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Dear AmsterdamAnita,

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel.

I am sorry for the problems you had with the elevator and noisy guests. We do maintain very high standards on life safety issues and do not hesitate to ensure that we are providing safe elevator rides to our guests.

Some of our rooms have safes and we have additional safety deposit boxes at the front desk for the convenience of our guests.

I also apologize for your inability to use our shuttle to the nearby restaurants and shopping right around the hotel. We run 2 shuttle services that provide complimentary transportation to the mall and restaurants. I apologize if you were not made aware of this.

I hope you stay with us again and give us the chance to wow you! Once again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

C Dabi

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Spent 3 nights here to attend the INDYCAR Race in Baltimore. Convenient to downtown Baltimore (10 miles), BWI Airport and Arundel Mills Mall where there is plenty of shopping and dining of all types.

Sleep Comfort Beds .... my son loved. Huge rooms ... not sure how old this hotel is but it looks brand new and in a fairly new area.

Will go back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

We felt very welcomed when we arrived - the reception staff was very friendly. They even offered an upgrade to a suite. It was a very spacious, comfortable room. The bartender, and wait staff at breakfast were also very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent! We will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Hubby and I went for a quick get away. Very accessible to Arundel Mills Mall. Very close to the highway. The staff was courteous and friendly. The complimentary breakfast was superb. Rooms were of nice size and clean. No loud noises and disturbances. We will book this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Lima, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Kory davis the manager there was able to get us a medieval times reservation on a sold out nights . GREAT CUTOMER SERVICE

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Newtown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My husband, 7 week old daughter and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend in order to attend a baby shower for a friend. The goal was for my husband to stay witht he baby at the hotel while I went to the shower, so all we really needed was a place to sleep, eat, and take care ofour infant. Needless to say, that was not easily accomplished. Once I left for the shower, my husband put our baby to sleep and then called the front desk for a pizza delivery # so he could order some lunch. The man on the phone said he could come downstairs and get some menus. My husband said he couldnt leave the room because the baby was sleeping, and the person on the other end of the phone hung up on him. He called back and asked if the guy could just give him one phone number and he said no, he had to come downstairs for the menus. This was the start of the stellar customer service.

Next, when I got back from the shower, it was the babys bed time so we needed to bathe her and feed her and get her to bed. I forgot to bring soap to wash the bottles, so I called downstairs and asked if they had a small amount of dishsoap I could use and they told me no. Since there is a restaurant in the hotel, I don't know how they didn't have any dish soap. My guess is that they just don't care about their customers!

After trying to get the baby to sleep for several hours, we decided to watch some TV, but couldn't change the channel without getting up every 2 min because the remote batteries were dead. I called downstairs and asked nicely for some batteries for the remotes. 30 min later no batteries and the baby was asleep. I called down and asked them not to deliver the batteries anymore because I didn't want a knock at the door to wake her and we were just going to go to sleep. That was at 9:30pm.

At midnight, we are awakened by a knock at the door and the hotel staff member says "You ordered a crib?" NO! We didn't order a crib! We brought our own. And we hadn't even called down stairs in hours! We had all JUST FALLEN asleep and then someone decides to screw with us by sending up a crib we never ordered!

On top of all this, the temperature in the room was horrible. It kept going from too hot to too cold. We would turn the thermostate to 75 and the AC would come on and stay on until the room was 30 degrees. We would then getup and turn it up to 76 and it would stay off until the room got to be 90 degrees. We were never comfortable, making sleep even more difficult.

When we went to leave in the AM, we tried to get a luggage cart to carry all our stuff from the room to the car and the front desk said they have 5-6 of them but didn't know where they were. They called several other parts of the hotel but no one knew where the carts were. This wouldn't normally be too big a deal, but my husband pulled a muscle in his back the day before we left and I had to carry the baby. Needless, no hotel staff member offered to help us with our bags at ANY time.

Overall, the decor and cleanliness of the hotel was decent - it should be, its a new hotel. But the service was horrible. It was evident that the staff at this hotel are untrained, undedicated, and uncaring. Horrible! We will never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
GMHGIBAM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Dear Ms. Jennyxobu,

I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire hotel staff about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your business and strive to provide you with the level of service you expect from a Hilton Garden Inn.

I would like an opportunity to discuss this with you a little further mto make it right. Please contact me directly at the hotel on 410-878-7200.

C. Dabi
Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills
Las Cruces, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

We booked this hotel through Priceline, when we checked in they put us in one of six rooms right above the hotels exhaust fan system. The noise was disturbing all night. Also the coffee service was the worst I've ever seen in all of my years of traveling. The liquid creamer was sour and the coffee tasted bitter and acidy. I won't be staying there in the future. We've had a similar experience with other hotels putting us in unsuitable rooms and it seems they do this if we get the room at a discounted price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the hotel.