“Very comfortable hotel and great staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park, Sleep, Fly!
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
“Very comfortable hotel and great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

We felt very welcomed when we arrived - the reception staff was very friendly. They even offered an upgrade to a suite. It was a very spacious, comfortable room. The bartender, and wait staff at breakfast were also very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent! We will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Hubby and I went for a quick get away. Very accessible to Arundel Mills Mall. Very close to the highway. The staff was courteous and friendly. The complimentary breakfast was superb. Rooms were of nice size and clean. No loud noises and disturbances. We will book this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Lima, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Kory davis the manager there was able to get us a medieval times reservation on a sold out nights . GREAT CUTOMER SERVICE

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Newtown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My husband, 7 week old daughter and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend in order to attend a baby shower for a friend. The goal was for my husband to stay witht he baby at the hotel while I went to the shower, so all we really needed was a place to sleep, eat, and take care ofour infant. Needless to say, that was not easily accomplished. Once I left for the shower, my husband put our baby to sleep and then called the front desk for a pizza delivery # so he could order some lunch. The man on the phone said he could come downstairs and get some menus. My husband said he couldnt leave the room because the baby was sleeping, and the person on the other end of the phone hung up on him. He called back and asked if the guy could just give him one phone number and he said no, he had to come downstairs for the menus. This was the start of the stellar customer service.

Next, when I got back from the shower, it was the babys bed time so we needed to bathe her and feed her and get her to bed. I forgot to bring soap to wash the bottles, so I called downstairs and asked if they had a small amount of dishsoap I could use and they told me no. Since there is a restaurant in the hotel, I don't know how they didn't have any dish soap. My guess is that they just don't care about their customers!

After trying to get the baby to sleep for several hours, we decided to watch some TV, but couldn't change the channel without getting up every 2 min because the remote batteries were dead. I called downstairs and asked nicely for some batteries for the remotes. 30 min later no batteries and the baby was asleep. I called down and asked them not to deliver the batteries anymore because I didn't want a knock at the door to wake her and we were just going to go to sleep. That was at 9:30pm.

At midnight, we are awakened by a knock at the door and the hotel staff member says "You ordered a crib?" NO! We didn't order a crib! We brought our own. And we hadn't even called down stairs in hours! We had all JUST FALLEN asleep and then someone decides to screw with us by sending up a crib we never ordered!

On top of all this, the temperature in the room was horrible. It kept going from too hot to too cold. We would turn the thermostate to 75 and the AC would come on and stay on until the room was 30 degrees. We would then getup and turn it up to 76 and it would stay off until the room got to be 90 degrees. We were never comfortable, making sleep even more difficult.

When we went to leave in the AM, we tried to get a luggage cart to carry all our stuff from the room to the car and the front desk said they have 5-6 of them but didn't know where they were. They called several other parts of the hotel but no one knew where the carts were. This wouldn't normally be too big a deal, but my husband pulled a muscle in his back the day before we left and I had to carry the baby. Needless, no hotel staff member offered to help us with our bags at ANY time.

Overall, the decor and cleanliness of the hotel was decent - it should be, its a new hotel. But the service was horrible. It was evident that the staff at this hotel are untrained, undedicated, and uncaring. Horrible! We will never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
GMHGIBAM, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Dear Ms. Jennyxobu,

I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire hotel staff about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your business and strive to provide you with the level of service you expect from a Hilton Garden Inn.

I would like an opportunity to discuss this with you a little further mto make it right. Please contact me directly at the hotel on 410-878-7200.

C. Dabi
Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills
Las Cruces, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

We booked this hotel through Priceline, when we checked in they put us in one of six rooms right above the hotels exhaust fan system. The noise was disturbing all night. Also the coffee service was the worst I've ever seen in all of my years of traveling. The liquid creamer was sour and the coffee tasted bitter and acidy. I won't be staying there in the future. We've had a similar experience with other hotels putting us in unsuitable rooms and it seems they do this if we get the room at a discounted price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

My experience was a pleasurable one. The decor of the hotel was awsome. It's rich earth tones are emaculate! The bedding was very clean and plush, the size of the room was very spacious. I do plan to stay again!!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

I have been an avid Marriott supporter until I was encouraged to stay at this Hotel by my boss back in November of this year. WOW..........was I pleasantly surprised at how nice the people and the property are this Hilton Garden Inn. I Have made this HGI my choice when I come to town which is about 3 times a month. The folks there are like friends and family making every effort to make sure they get to know you by name and make sure you are totally comfortable while you are there. So why not come be a part of the growing group of us that have made this HGI our home away from home...........you will be LQQKING forward to you next stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Baltimore/Arundel Mills? Share your experiences!