“Small King Room, close to restaurants” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Arundel Mills Experience
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Omaha, Nebraska
“Small King Room, close to restaurants”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Clean hotel, across the street from a huge mall area with plenty of places to eat. If you dont' want to walk, they also have a shuttle, which also goes to the airport. The staff is mediocre. Also, as is the case with some Town Place Suites, the single king room is pretty small, and the TV is placed oddly off to the side of the bed instead of in front of it. I received my wake-up call 30 minutes late (thankfully I was only using it as a backup). Would I stay here again? Maybe, but I would be more likely to try one of the other properties next door or down the street.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Towneplace Suites. Please accept our apologies for not receiving your wakeup call on time and for the mediocre service you received. Your concerns have been addressed and my team apologies for not providing you a positive experience. We appreciate your feedback as it enables us to continuously improve our service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed June 26-29 with a family of 5. I had a 2 bedroom suite that is not on all counts comparable to the previous suites I stayed in the past. The bedrooms are very small and there is only one bath. Talked to the receptionist and she stated that all 2 bedroom sites had only one bath...amazing. You cannot build a home on a septic system with a family of 4 and one bath, let alone a family of 5. I cannot believe that city and county codes allow this for a hotel. Can you imagine the wait when someone is in the shower, using the bathroom, shaving, etc. I had no idea the rooms where this small for a 2 BEDROOM SUITE; MARRIOTT. I had a bigger suite at the Sleep Inn and was much cheaper and newly remodeled. The other issue is they furnished me with 4 towels for a family of 4. You think that is funny...I had 3 towels when I was at this particular Marriott in the past, traveling alone. I really hope this is not the mentality of management to furnish more towels for less occupants and less towels for more occupants. My Iron was leaking all over the place and my Ironing board was bent (felt like ironing clothes on an incline with a leaky iron)...yes I complained and they replaced them. I really loved the Marriott brand until I experienced 3 nights of tight quarters. Oh another thing, I don't believe my dishware was completely stocked...no inventory list to confirm. The only management experience I have is military (21 years) Warrant Officer. We may expect more from hotel management because I believe we deserve for any hotel management to go above and beyond to accommodate everyone...not just military veterans. To overlook a bent ironing board is unacceptable. We are paying for a product that deserves delivery of a great stay for a hard earned vacation. If I received this accommodations free, I have nothing to complain about. 2 BEDROOM SUITE, 179 + TAX PER NIGHT, ONE BATH ACCOMMODATES 6 (I had 5)...I SUGGEST YOU TO FIND ANOTHER PLACE TO STAY, THIS IS NOT WORTH THE COSTS. I HAD MUCH BETTER SQFT TO SQFT...FOR LESSER COST. My expectation balloon for the Marriott Brand had just burst.

Room Tip: If you have a large family (5-6 members), I am assuming you are used to having 2 or more bathrooms f...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Scoop911,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay. We do apologize that the room was not quite as you had expected. We have shared your comments with our team to help in the ongoing training of the staff. We value your feedback and are always open to suggestions on ways to enhance the guest experience.
Littleton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

this is actually inside Arrundell Mills Mall and the Casino Live! we were greeted and registered by Makeda friendly, efficient. at 4 in the morning I came down to see if they had a charger in lost and found I could borrow and Melissa was kind enough to hunt one down. Vanessa wound up this trifecta, checking in my grand kiddies who arrived a day later. the hotel is clean, the staff is top notch and you can't beat the location. this wonderful staff had me at "hello" - don't forget to ask for your Maryland Live coupons for the casino! Ka Ching! (:

Room Tip: they have sofa beds but when you open them up they are flush with the bed and you have to jump over...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Nellie V,

It is so nice to hear that you found everything you wanted in our location. The Casino is a nice addition to the area for entertainment. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to hosting your next visit when travelling back to Baltimore.
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This has to be one of the top 2 hotels for cleanliness & comfort I have ever stayed at. Check in is fast and pleasant with clerks who are willing to offer assistance with the area. The exterior of this property is well manicured & kept clean. Our room was a decent size, not huge but well thought out to maximize the space. In the room was a small kitchen stocked with dishes, utensils, a few pots and pans, glasses, coffee maker & coffee. The bed was very comfortable with crisp clean linens. The bathroom was very very clean and the towels were soft & large. I am happy to say that this room had not one thing I could complain about. Everything was clean even behind furniture which I had to move a piece, because my phone charger fell behind. Breakfast was complimentary with our "Stay park & fly package" Breakfast offerings were freshly made waffles (by you) scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, bagels, muffins, toast, juice & coffee. Marriott never lets us down and this was a great choice for us. I will highly recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: We were in room 216, I am a light sleeper but never was woken by planes from the nearby BWI
Solaris1,

We wanted to take a moment to thank you for your recent visit. We are glad you were able to find value in the park and fly package that we offer. We love to hear positive feedback and will share your comments with our team. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed here with my family for four nights on vacation. The hotel was as expected and the location was convenient to the mall and casino. My only complaint was that housekeeping started cleaning too early. At 8:00 in the morning housekeeping was already tapping their entry cards on my door to get in. This even occurred on the day I was checking out, a day in which I feel they should have been able to wait until after I actually checked out. One day I did end up putting a do not disturb sign so I could sleep in until a more reasonable 8:30, but my sleep was still disturbed since I could hear them tap tapping and yelling "housekeeping!" in nearby rooms. Most hotels I have stayed at usually don't make their rounds until 10:00 or so.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Doug354, Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay at our hotel. You indicated in your response that the housekeeping department starting cleaning too early and this disrupted your rest. During the week the housekeeping department starts cleaning rooms after 9:30 am and on the weekend they start after 10 am.

I certainly understand wanting to sleep in a little later while on vacation and I apologize that you were unable to do this. I have addressed your concerns with the housekeeping team and they apologize for disturbing you. We value you as a customer and we hope to see you again.

Regards,
Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This hotel was in a very good location - quick walking distance to the shops, restaurants, and entertainment at Arundel Mills & Casino. That was excellent. Apparently the shuttle will take you there as well.

The room was pretty good. Full kitchen amenities in each room. Generally clean, but in my friend's room there appeared to be a lot of food splatter (hope it was good!) on the living room wall.

Gym was nice. A bit crowded, but good machines in working order that looked relatively new.

Breakfast was good. I didn't try it, but they had various food available in the evenings as well.

Most staff was very friendly. I wasn't pleased with the check-in experience (although it wasn't a huge deal - just not the best customer service). I was staying with a group (multiple rooms). The two people ahead of me were checked in right away (and upgraded) but I was told my room would be a 1/2 hour wait. That would've been fine if the person who came in after me (with the same room type) wasn't automatically given a room. Speaking to family in the hotel business, the proper thing to do would have been to check me in to a room of my type that was available rather than waiting for a specific room # when some were ready.

Overall, pretty good stay. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: For some reason the fourth floor smelled really bad! Hopefully that's fixed.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
311Kim,

We are glad you took the time to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate the positive comments on your recent visit. We do typically assign rooms based on requests and I will share your thoughts with the staff. We look forward to having you visit again soon.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I absolutely loved staying at this hotel. It is close to EVERYTHING! most within walking distance. They even have a shuttle that can take you wherever in the vicinity. You can walk to the casino, Arundel Mills Mall, movie theater, lots of food options of most chains. The staff were easy and pleasant to deal with. The rooms were spacious suite style, so you can do your cooking. I had a conventional oven which was awesome although I didn't get to use it. They have a happy hour reception during the week. The breakfast was hot & cold items. They have a pool! Free parking. Next time I am in the area I will consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the Arundel Mills area. Thanks for choosing the TownePlace Suites, please visit us again when returning to the area.

Been to TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport? Share your experiences!