“Great location to stay for a visit to Maryland Live Casino” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Hanover
Manassas, Virginia
“Great location to stay for a visit to Maryland Live Casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed at the Towne Place Suites overnight while visiting the Maryland Live casino. Check in is at 4:00 PM, which is later then most places which allow check in at 3:00 PM. We stayed with two other couples at the hotel. We were told we had to sign a form that said we would not "party" in our room. I've never been asked to do this at ANY hotel I've ever stayed at.

The location is very good. Its walking distance to the Arundel Mills Mall and the casino. There is a shuttle provided to get to both places. We decided to walk because the shuttle was inconsistant with its times picking up guests from the hotel, but get back from the casino was no problem.

Overall, this hotel was nice and met our needs. The room is average size, but equipped with a stove, refriderator and other items if you are staying there for awhile. The lobby area is somewhat small, as is the eating area, but the breakfast was pretty decent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Jack3738,

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. It means a lot to the staff that the service and the accomodations met your needs. We strive to provide an enjoyable stay for all of our travelers. Thanks for choosing us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

When we got to our room it smelled like fish. The hotel was sold out so we could not be moved to another room. The lady at the front gave me room freshener to spray. That had me wondering how well they cleaned the room if at all. The next morning I went to take a shower and saw nasty gook on the soap holder. I immediately got out of the shower. I went to the front desk and told the receptionist and she said that she will let them know. I don't know who "them" were but obviously she did not tell anyone because no one came to the room to clean the shower. I don't think I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Please accept my sincere apologies for the cleanliness issue you experience during your recent trip. Please be assured that these issues have been addressed and will not occur again. You are a valued customer and everything we do is aimed at providing you with a positive experience.

I apologize again for your negative experience and I would like the opportunity to assist you again in the future. Please contact me if there is anything else that I can help you with.
Rehoboth, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We arrived Sat Mar 8. This was a stopover on our way South. This location is across from a large mall and casino and sits with at least 3 other inns. The parking was at a premium. On check in (very small check in area, maybe one at a time) I had to sign a document that I would not have a "party" in the room!!! There was a sign about a $200 deposit, but perhaps because of my grey hair I was not charged? The room was small but they pack a lot into it if one needs a kitchen. This is our first stay at a TownPlace and perhaps they are all layed out similar. The corridor and room doors seemed close. Sometime late at night there was a comotion outside, at first the news reported it as being shots fired but we later learned it was fireworks set off in the mall movie theater!! (of course this is NOT the Inns fault). But a little later it got very noisey on our floor (5). Yelling and doors slaming lasting a while. Perhaps they did not have to sign the "no party document".

Breakfast wasn't until 7AM, too late for us as we like to get on the road earlier.

Would not stay here again. OR in this area!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory due to the noise level and appreciate your feedback.

Please be assured that all of our weekend guests sign the party policy and we monitor the building for noise. When we are aware of noisy guests they have to immediately leave the hotel. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I spent 3 nights in the TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills. It's very convenient to get to, and easy walking to the Arundel Mills mall with several restaurants. My room was spacious, with a good sized kitchen, living area, and bedroom. Breakfasts were good and the staff was very accommodating when I had to leave early and breakfast wasn't set up yet (I was able to get cereal and juice). The rooms on the back of the hotel face the road and are slightly noisy, so I didn't give it 5 stars. I'll probably stay there again if I travel back that way, but I'll ask for a room in the front.

Room Tip: Rooms on the mall side away from the road are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we were very excited to hear that you had a great stay with us. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
Zweibruecken, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Our stay was coordinated as a long business visit. We were able to hold the room for almost 4 months. It became more of a home, than a hotel.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The kitchen is well-stocked. And the outstanding cleanliness is hard-to-compare against some of the less reputable places nearby. We enjoyed the amenities of weeknight buffets, and the swimming pool.

If you're passing through BWI and need a decent/safe overnight accommodation, you should consider these TownePlace Suites. It is conveniently near to the Mall (which we cannot testify to its safety), and also to many eating establishments.

It's right off the highway - so there is some traffic noise. But all in all, it is a good place to relax and sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write about your enjoyable experience with us. We are pleased that the location, pricing and accommodatons met your needs and we look forward to serving you again.
Moline, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel was great! I ended up having a 1 bedroom suite that was spacious and pretty well kept. The location is great...it is just across the parking lot from the Arundel Mills Mall and a short drive to Ft. Meade.

I was there when they had about 12" of snow and everything, including the mall, was closed. The hotel normally only feeds you dinner Monday through Wednesday, but with the bad weather they we nice enough to put out dinner on Thursday too. Also they had snow shovels and car brushes available for the guests to use. Very helpful!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Townplace Suites is located adjacent to Arundel Mills Mall and Marland Live Casino. Next to this hotel is Hamton Inn and Residence Inn. I have stayed at other hotels and this was my first time at Townplace Suites. We arrived at 3:00 pm but our room was not ready. Both Hampton Inn and Residence Inn next door have 3:00 pm check in but Townplace Suites has 4:00 pm check in. The reason why I am highlighting check in time is that lobby was filled with families waiting to check in. We had to wait for more than 1 hour for our room. My brother, who is Marriot Rewards Platinum member, waited even longer. In fact he received a call several hours later asking if he was still going to check in with no mention that he had already tried to check in. The front desk attendant looked totally frazzled. When we finally received our room we had to sign strict no party policy which was a little concerning because they obviously had previous issues with rowdy guests. The lobby is small with no seating except for rows of tables and chairs that look like a cafeteria. The business center is two computers tucked into a closet sized area behind the lobby. Our room was also small with the kitchenette, desk and love seat against one wall and bed on the other. The Tv was on the adjacent wall and was hard to see from the bed. Speaking of the bed, it was comfortable and room was clean. The hotel offers a 24 hour shuttle but be warned that traffic is terrible. It took 25 minutes in bumper to bumper traffic to get to casino and it is only a short distance. My 80 year old parents with health issues and walker waited 45 minutes in the cold for a pick up at casino. The pickup location is outside in front of casino. Overall, this is good location with kitchen option that is less expensive than other hotels in area but you get what you pay for. Check in was disorganized. Rooms are small and hotel lacks space and amenities such as a chair or sofa in the lobby. I prefer the Residence Inn or Hampton Inn for these reasons.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the long wait to check into your room as well as the long wait to be picked up from the casino. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction and I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations.

Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience. A new process has been put in place so that guests are able to check into their rooms by 4 pm. Because the casino and the mall are popular destinations on the weekends and holidays, we are also trying a new process so that guests are picked up and dropped off in a timely manner.

We value you as a customer and everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We appreciate your positive comments and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Been to TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport? Share your experiences!