“would stay here again -- many times” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Odenton, Maryland
“would stay here again -- many times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed for 8 nights at the TownePlace Suites. First, the location near the Arundel Mills mall was quite a perk. Lots of eating, shopping, and even a movie theater right nearby. The room was nice and the bed comfortable. The Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner were nice and it was great having a full refrigerator, cooktop, and microwave. The hotel offers manager's social dinners/snacks during the week, which offset dinner costs many nights. I especially liked that they offered a full salad bar with each dinner. The daily breakfast buffet was excellent and always well stocked. The cookies at night were a nice touch. The fitness room was also nice, with two treadmills and an elliptical machine -- all of higher quality than many hotels. Critiques -- the pillows were flat, the noise from Hwy 100 was bothersome at times, and there were limited children's TV channels. I wish they had Nick Jr. in their offerings. Otherwise, though, this hotel is a solid choice for extended stays and I would stay there again. They really go out of their way to try to make you feel comfortable. The amenities, from complimentary laundry with free soap and dryer sheets, to the apples and lemonade, and the shuttle to the mall, all combined for a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mall. The backside of the hotel, facing Hwy 100, gets a lot of traffic no...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing the TownePlace Suites for your extended stay. We are happy to here that you enjoyed the hotel and local amenities. We are sorry about the highway noise we understand that the traffic can be a distraction for some of our guest. Thank you for staying with us, hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

my wife and I stayed at the TownePlace Suites at Arundel Mills for a week in June while I was on business in the area. As previous times here, we enjoyed the stay once again. The room was clean and bed was comfortable (firm and restful). The kitchenette featured a full size refrigerator which we stocked with water and juice, even though they offer both at breakfast each morning. No complaints whatsoever. Even the evening snack they offered was good and saved us some money. The only drawback that I can see is the parking - the lot is full, front and back. Compared to the other hotels at Arundel Mills that I have stayed at, this one beats them hands down. Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side away from Rt 100 traffic.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your business and for such a great review, you make our staff proud to work here.
We hope to see you next time you are in town. Hope you enjoy your summer!
LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I've been coming to this same property now for over a year after staying at many others in the area for frequent business trips. This hotel is new, clean, convenient to shopping, freeways, restaurants, and groceries. I stay for a few days each time and having a nice modern kitchen and functional gym is key. They also have washer/dryer use and free wifi. The staff is super nice and the hotel manager is one of the nicest ladies I have ever met. It's not a fancy hotel - strictly a 3.5 star - but truly a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room on the side of the hotel away from the busy nearby street
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for the nice review and your kind words about our hotel. We are happy to have you as a preferred guest and thank you for using our hotel for your travel needs.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there over the holiday weekend, it was good for the rate I paid. Maryland Live was close and they provided a shuttle. Wife commented that with the exception of checking out, no staff said hello or said anything. I like the room that was cleaned to expectation. The room was comfortable but could have used a few more plugs for all my devices. I would stay there again given the opportunity.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for your hotel stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel but sorry to hear there was a lack of interaction with our associates. Please give us another try when you return to the area.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hey Hey Everyone,

Im back frOM Vacay and U know I had to come and let yall know the T..

1st~ I was NOT happy that after my drive up I couldnt check in.. Never in my 20 years of Travel have I HAD to wait in the Lobby.. With that being said the Nice Lovely lady did take my # and told me she would give me a call.. This was about 1230ish We arrived, and I think I got in my room about 250ish (went to fridays to eat lunch).. Our coming back timing was GREAT, i seen a lady that looked like a Housekeep mgr(i used to work for a Marriott) and she was at the computer I figure she was clearing the rooms up in the computer so that as soon as she finished (3mins) that we would get a room.. Well what do you know I was right.. lol

2~The Room: We didnt get an upgrade they were SOLD out.. SO no problem at all.. our Room was 320 right NEXT to the elevators facing the interstate... Studio with King Bed.. I must say Me and my Wife were WoooooWed... It was VERY Clean, NEWER looking Everything.. I dont care if I have worked for a company B 4 I will tell U the REAL deal!!!! I was SO happy with our Weekend Digs.. I though t I would be mad bc of the location but i didnt HEAR NOTHING and I do mean NOTHING!! Cars, kids, sex, fighting it was all good :) BEDS were really comfy.. Whitney at the front desk called and made sure everything was good to go, I hav to say i LOVED that touch. No alot of Business are very personal these days, Thats was really nice (after looking over the room U know I still broke out the lysol we dont stay NO where wo it. I could be Chilling at the White house and IM spraying! lol)

3~ LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION was Perfect!!!! the only thing I didnt like was that there are trees directly in front of the Hotel, so U have to walk up a lil bit then up the mainlil road that gets U to the Hotels, but its NOT that bad of a walk... Turning LEFT out of that place is SOOOO hard bc for some reason this MUST be the only Mall/Casino in the Area.. so please go right then turn, IF u cant BREAK in line..

EXTRAS: My Wife is a Gambler (Thank GOD we dont have any in our Home town) but on the Cruise Ships, and VEGAS she gets down... She didnt like CASINO LIVE and said she wont go back... there odds are very different and IF u are looking to play more then 4 or 5 hands then take some cash.. We are use to having $5 or $10 tables and they had NONE!!! only 2 $15 ones rest $25, $50, $100 BUT the ODDS and there rules will get U!!! just b careful and have fun :)

** Liquor store is across the street by TGI Fridays
~Dollar Store is right there tooo (i LOVE a dollar store honey)
~Walmart should be next to Costco's which is across from the Casino..
~Movie Theather is nice seats go back.. FF6 was the BOMB!!!!! cant wait to see the Rock/Vin D in 7
~All the Staff was really to nice
~Computers~ The Internet was a HOT MESS! I ending up going 2 hotels over to another Marriott and Used theres I was in and out in 3 mins.. Wooo thank ya Residence Inn lol
~ Breakfast- I my self didnt see to much that I would want.. So I just wated for lunch and went over to the food court area.. SOOOOOOOOO many choices
~REAL SEAFOOD!!!!!! MY FRIEND IS FROM B.MORE AND SHE TOLD US TO EAT AT TIMBUKTU (WHICH IS ONLY 2 EXIT FROM THE HOTEL) FRESH FRESH FRESH.. THERE CRAB DID WAS THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAKE REZ :)
~Oh Dave & Busters is across the street too (well cont to the mall)

Hope this will help someone.. Yes I LOVED it & WILLstay again... Any questions U can hit me any time.

allaboutthis04@yahoo.com

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review, we are happy that you had a nice time while here in Hanover. Please visit us again when you return to the area.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights in April while visiting Washington DC. Its a easy drive back down to the city. The service was good and the room exceptionally clean. No problems with hot water or water pressure, which is always a plus when we're out of town. The breakfast was adequate, as I enjoyed the hot oatmeal. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thanks for staying with us at the TownePlace Suites, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Please visit again when you are in the area.
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel location to the Arundel Mills Mall was great, as was the location to the Maryland Live Casino. (if you desire shuttle service available) The hotel was very clean, the bed comfortable, a working kitchen if needed wiith a full size refrigerator, and a good morning breakfast. And most importantly (for a man) a flat screen TV and (for a woman) a very clean bathroom. The only downside was that our room was next to a room that was hosting a party. I could have complained, but if you're ignorant enough to make all the noise that they did, the hotel staff would have just had a larger problem throughout the night. The hotel staff both in the evening and in the morning was great. If you had a question they had the answer with a smile and it was correct. Would stay here again and I would recommend it to all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for the great review, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are gald that you found everything clean and in working order and that our front desk staff was helpful. I will be sure to pass your comments on to all of our staff members, this will make them proud of the work that they do for you our guest. Thanks for choosing TownePlace Suites and please visit again next time you are in the area.

Been to TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport? Share your experiences!