“Pretty Good” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there over the holiday weekend, it was good for the rate I paid. Maryland Live was close and they provided a shuttle. Wife commented that with the exception of checking out, no staff said hello or said anything. I like the room that was cleaned to expectation. The room was comfortable but could have used a few more plugs for all my devices. I would stay there again given the opportunity.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for your hotel stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel but sorry to hear there was a lack of interaction with our associates. Please give us another try when you return to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hey Hey Everyone,

Im back frOM Vacay and U know I had to come and let yall know the T..

1st~ I was NOT happy that after my drive up I couldnt check in.. Never in my 20 years of Travel have I HAD to wait in the Lobby.. With that being said the Nice Lovely lady did take my # and told me she would give me a call.. This was about 1230ish We arrived, and I think I got in my room about 250ish (went to fridays to eat lunch).. Our coming back timing was GREAT, i seen a lady that looked like a Housekeep mgr(i used to work for a Marriott) and she was at the computer I figure she was clearing the rooms up in the computer so that as soon as she finished (3mins) that we would get a room.. Well what do you know I was right.. lol

2~The Room: We didnt get an upgrade they were SOLD out.. SO no problem at all.. our Room was 320 right NEXT to the elevators facing the interstate... Studio with King Bed.. I must say Me and my Wife were WoooooWed... It was VERY Clean, NEWER looking Everything.. I dont care if I have worked for a company B 4 I will tell U the REAL deal!!!! I was SO happy with our Weekend Digs.. I though t I would be mad bc of the location but i didnt HEAR NOTHING and I do mean NOTHING!! Cars, kids, sex, fighting it was all good :) BEDS were really comfy.. Whitney at the front desk called and made sure everything was good to go, I hav to say i LOVED that touch. No alot of Business are very personal these days, Thats was really nice (after looking over the room U know I still broke out the lysol we dont stay NO where wo it. I could be Chilling at the White house and IM spraying! lol)

3~ LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION was Perfect!!!! the only thing I didnt like was that there are trees directly in front of the Hotel, so U have to walk up a lil bit then up the mainlil road that gets U to the Hotels, but its NOT that bad of a walk... Turning LEFT out of that place is SOOOO hard bc for some reason this MUST be the only Mall/Casino in the Area.. so please go right then turn, IF u cant BREAK in line..

EXTRAS: My Wife is a Gambler (Thank GOD we dont have any in our Home town) but on the Cruise Ships, and VEGAS she gets down... She didnt like CASINO LIVE and said she wont go back... there odds are very different and IF u are looking to play more then 4 or 5 hands then take some cash.. We are use to having $5 or $10 tables and they had NONE!!! only 2 $15 ones rest $25, $50, $100 BUT the ODDS and there rules will get U!!! just b careful and have fun :)

** Liquor store is across the street by TGI Fridays
~Dollar Store is right there tooo (i LOVE a dollar store honey)
~Walmart should be next to Costco's which is across from the Casino..
~Movie Theather is nice seats go back.. FF6 was the BOMB!!!!! cant wait to see the Rock/Vin D in 7
~All the Staff was really to nice
~Computers~ The Internet was a HOT MESS! I ending up going 2 hotels over to another Marriott and Used theres I was in and out in 3 mins.. Wooo thank ya Residence Inn lol
~ Breakfast- I my self didnt see to much that I would want.. So I just wated for lunch and went over to the food court area.. SOOOOOOOOO many choices
~REAL SEAFOOD!!!!!! MY FRIEND IS FROM B.MORE AND SHE TOLD US TO EAT AT TIMBUKTU (WHICH IS ONLY 2 EXIT FROM THE HOTEL) FRESH FRESH FRESH.. THERE CRAB DID WAS THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAKE REZ :)
~Oh Dave & Busters is across the street too (well cont to the mall)

Hope this will help someone.. Yes I LOVED it & WILLstay again... Any questions U can hit me any time.

allaboutthis04@yahoo.com

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review, we are happy that you had a nice time while here in Hanover. Please visit us again when you return to the area.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights in April while visiting Washington DC. Its a easy drive back down to the city. The service was good and the room exceptionally clean. No problems with hot water or water pressure, which is always a plus when we're out of town. The breakfast was adequate, as I enjoyed the hot oatmeal. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thanks for staying with us at the TownePlace Suites, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Please visit again when you are in the area.
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel location to the Arundel Mills Mall was great, as was the location to the Maryland Live Casino. (if you desire shuttle service available) The hotel was very clean, the bed comfortable, a working kitchen if needed wiith a full size refrigerator, and a good morning breakfast. And most importantly (for a man) a flat screen TV and (for a woman) a very clean bathroom. The only downside was that our room was next to a room that was hosting a party. I could have complained, but if you're ignorant enough to make all the noise that they did, the hotel staff would have just had a larger problem throughout the night. The hotel staff both in the evening and in the morning was great. If you had a question they had the answer with a smile and it was correct. Would stay here again and I would recommend it to all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for the great review, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are gald that you found everything clean and in working order and that our front desk staff was helpful. I will be sure to pass your comments on to all of our staff members, this will make them proud of the work that they do for you our guest. Thanks for choosing TownePlace Suites and please visit again next time you are in the area.
Falmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I think this place is great. They let me check in early, my room is clean, free washer and dryer, shuttle, and gym. The room is good size with a kitchenette and a nice office space, even a closet I wish I had at home! Only downsides are that you can hear people in the hallway and the planes overhead (duh) so if you are looking for silence this is a no go. The breakfast was nice and I was able to walk to bank, shopping, movies, restaurants, and Walmart although that walk isn't for the faint of heart. The staff isn't outrageously nice but they aren't bad at all. I will certainly stay here in the future.

Room Tip: Someplace quiet!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thanks for the great review, we're glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for staying at TownePlace Suites and please come back when your in the area.
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

stayed there on our way back from Orlando; Large 2 bdr suite that slept five comfortably. close to highway, shopping and saw an airport shuttle. Bed were comfortable (two queen) - pull up sofa was average. One bathroom though. Room were clean furniture were descent. Breakfast right about average (minimum variety). One of the kids pressed the wrong bottom on the microwave and the smoke triggered a fire alarm and an evacuation. Luckiley, we were just finished and on our way out.

Did not appreciate the loooooong wait for check in (I almost left). Hotel should have more than one staff to handle this.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for staying with us! Sorry to hear about the fire alarm, at least the kids will have a story to tell their friends. Please stop and see us next time your in the area.
Fort Knox, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Great hotel for multiple day or business stay. Rooms are functional and clean with kitchenettes, couches and work areas. Evening socials are added benefit and complimentary breakfast is surprisingly good (waffle maker!). Conveniently located at Arundel Mills Mall and Maryland Live! Casino as well as BWI and Fort Meade, beneficial for both work and play.

Negatives, the sound really carries from the hallway into the rooms so it can be loud at times and the beds are hard so they wreak havoc on your back. This may be petty but the toilet paper is absolutely the cheapest, flimsy (yet hard) paper I’ve had the displeasure of using so I urge the management to spend a little more for TP that doesn’t chafe when you use it.

All in all, the location and value outweigh the toilet paper and hard beds. Plus the staff was very accommodating and personable so there’s a good chance we will be back.

Room Tip: Stay away from stairwells and elevators. A room in the area with the least amount of foot traffic.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the nice review, we are happy that you enjoyed our breakfast and evening social. Sorry about the TP, will check with housekeeping about this. Thanks for staying at TownePlace Suites by Marriott. Hope to see you next time.

Been to TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport? Share your experiences!