“Conveniently Located Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
“Conveniently Located Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed here before our trip leaving from BWI. It is conveniently located across the parking lot from Arundel Mills. The room was nice and clean. It had a mini kitchen with sink. The location allowed us to go to dinner at the mall and be close enough to the airport. They had dinner and breakfast during certain hours but we arrived too late and left too early to enjoy either. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for the nice review, I'm gald you enjoyed your stay. Please be sure to stay with us again next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We wanted to stay near the casino and mall, but needed transportation from airport etc. The shuttle service was very convenient. Our flight arrived very early so we weren't sure what to expect, but the front desk staff was very accomodating. The room had every amenity you would need, including free wi-fi. My husband was especially impressed by the good service. We were told the shuttle would take us to the train to DC if we wanted, so we will stay again when we have more time to tour the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write us such a great review. I'm happy that our transportation worked out well for you and thanks for the nice comments about our staff members. Please visit again when you have the opportunity.
WASHINGTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a great place to stay. It is convenient to the Mall, as well as to Maryland Live. The room I stayed in was very clean; had a small kitchenette with a full-size refrigerator, a microwave, a safe, and a kitchen sink. It also offers hot, free breakfast, and the customer service is outstanding.

Room Tip: Close to elevator
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
GMAC713 thanks for staying with us. I hope you had a good time at the casino and mall. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and be sure to visit us again when you are in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

A very comfortable hotel. The rooms are updated, the kitchens have stainless steel appliances, and all is very clean. This Town Place suites is nicer than many Residence Inns that I stay at. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a great review for us and thank you for staying with us at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott Arundel Mills. I'm glad we could be your home away from home, see you next time thanks.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed here for business and I pretty much only stay in Marriotts when on business. I would rate this as above average for the room size and the convenience. I booked a studio and got upgraded for my Platinum status to a one bedroom, which was nice. The desk setup is superior for someone doing a lot of work. The kitchenette is nice. The room was clean. Breakfast was more than adequate.

Negatives:
-Beware of road noise. I was on the highway side of the hotel and it was extremely loud - at all hours. I asked to be moved to the other side and was told the only upgrades available were on that side.

-The end "enclaves" are loud. I was at the end of a hallway where 4 doors are in a tight little area and I found that I could easily hear people's televisions, comings and goings, etc. I felt there was not adequate sound insulation.

-I booked a AAA rate and had switched to my business bag and forgot my card. I have never in all my years as a Marriott rewards member - and certainly not as Platinum Elite - had my rate reversed because I didn't have my card. I offered to have my husband fax the card and they would not leave my rate - they went to the trouble of reversing it while I was checking in. I understand why they do this but the $6/night savings shouldn't have been worth questioning the integrity of one of your most loyal customers.

-The person checking me in also did not know about the gift I was supposed to receive upon checking in. I felt the young girl checking me in could have used some lessons on customer service.

Room Tip: Ask for parking lot side to avoid highway noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm happy to see that you were satisfied with your room but sorry to hear that you had a few issues. I am sorry about the noise problem, you are correct about the road side of the hotel being a little louder than the mall side. The noise bothers some people more than others and I am sorry that we could not move you that evening. We are in the process of retraining our front desk staff on how they could have provided you and others with better customer service during your stay and at check in. Thanks again for your valuable comments about our hotel.
Yorktown, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Chose hotel for a visit in the area. Due to the mall location and time of year, traffic was really bad. It was expected, but still inconvenient and limited our travel outside of the hotel to early morning or late at night. Fortunately, the outlet was walking distance from the hotel.

Hotel was clean and service at check-in was quick and friendly. We had our dog with us and registration was $100 non-refundable. We had the 2 bedroom suite and room was spacious and comfortable. Main difference between TownePlace Suites and a Residence Inn is that there is one bathroom here with a 2 bedroom suite. RIs have a bathroom in each bedroom. Glasses and silverware didn't appear clean so I hand washed them with the provided detergent. The lady with housekeeping had a bad attitude and was really the only sore spot of our stay. Breakfast included eggs, meat, cereal, yogurt and a waffle-iron. It was good enough to fill the kids until lunchtime.

Overall, I would stay here again if looking for a pet-friendly hotel near Arundel Mills.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying and taking the time to write a review for us. I'm sorry about the traffic but during the holiday season it can be very busy around the mall. It sounds like you had a pleasant experience overall except for the housekeeping department. I have talk with everyone in the housekeeping department about their customer service skills to ensure this will not happen in the future, thank you for letting us know. Once again thank you for staying with us at TownePlace Suites by Marriott.
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stay at the TownePlace Suites on Decemeber 7, 2012. Check in process was quick, front desk staff members were very pleasant, very helpful, asked if I needed to be told about all the ammenities, but I declined since this was my 2nd stay with TownePlace Suites. All staff members encounter during my stay were very friendly, acknowledge you when you passed by, and made you feel like a valued guest. I booked a Queen 1bedroom which was located on the 1st floor, room 101. Room has a full kitchen, fridge, living room area which is seperated from bedroom area, (2) flat screen televisions, though TV located inside bedroom was a little fuzzy, appeared to be a bad connection. Room was very clean, very cozy, comfortable queen size bed. Lobby area has a small market to purchase various items, soda's water, snacks, etc. Hotel is actually within walking distance of Arundel Mills Mall, movie theatre if you don't mind crossing the mall parking lot. Hotel doesn't provide roomservice, but does recommend a service called Order Inn. I did take advantage of this service, and must say the food was excellent, service was fast, and you even receive a call from the establishment to confirm that you received your order, highly recommend if you don't have the desire to depart your room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport? Share your experiences!