“Clean and convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Hanover
Baltimore, Maryland
“Clean and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed here for business and I pretty much only stay in Marriotts when on business. I would rate this as above average for the room size and the convenience. I booked a studio and got upgraded for my Platinum status to a one bedroom, which was nice. The desk setup is superior for someone doing a lot of work. The kitchenette is nice. The room was clean. Breakfast was more than adequate.

Negatives:
-Beware of road noise. I was on the highway side of the hotel and it was extremely loud - at all hours. I asked to be moved to the other side and was told the only upgrades available were on that side.

-The end "enclaves" are loud. I was at the end of a hallway where 4 doors are in a tight little area and I found that I could easily hear people's televisions, comings and goings, etc. I felt there was not adequate sound insulation.

-I booked a AAA rate and had switched to my business bag and forgot my card. I have never in all my years as a Marriott rewards member - and certainly not as Platinum Elite - had my rate reversed because I didn't have my card. I offered to have my husband fax the card and they would not leave my rate - they went to the trouble of reversing it while I was checking in. I understand why they do this but the $6/night savings shouldn't have been worth questioning the integrity of one of your most loyal customers.

-The person checking me in also did not know about the gift I was supposed to receive upon checking in. I felt the young girl checking me in could have used some lessons on customer service.

Room Tip: Ask for parking lot side to avoid highway noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Doug354, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm happy to see that you were satisfied with your room but sorry to hear that you had a few issues. I am sorry about the noise problem, you are correct about the road side of the hotel being a little louder than the mall side. The noise bothers some people more than others and I am sorry that we could not move you that evening. We are in the process of retraining our front desk staff on how they could have provided you and others with better customer service during your stay and at check in. Thanks again for your valuable comments about our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Yorktown, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Chose hotel for a visit in the area. Due to the mall location and time of year, traffic was really bad. It was expected, but still inconvenient and limited our travel outside of the hotel to early morning or late at night. Fortunately, the outlet was walking distance from the hotel.

Hotel was clean and service at check-in was quick and friendly. We had our dog with us and registration was $100 non-refundable. We had the 2 bedroom suite and room was spacious and comfortable. Main difference between TownePlace Suites and a Residence Inn is that there is one bathroom here with a 2 bedroom suite. RIs have a bathroom in each bedroom. Glasses and silverware didn't appear clean so I hand washed them with the provided detergent. The lady with housekeeping had a bad attitude and was really the only sore spot of our stay. Breakfast included eggs, meat, cereal, yogurt and a waffle-iron. It was good enough to fill the kids until lunchtime.

Overall, I would stay here again if looking for a pet-friendly hotel near Arundel Mills.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying and taking the time to write a review for us. I'm sorry about the traffic but during the holiday season it can be very busy around the mall. It sounds like you had a pleasant experience overall except for the housekeeping department. I have talk with everyone in the housekeeping department about their customer service skills to ensure this will not happen in the future, thank you for letting us know. Once again thank you for staying with us at TownePlace Suites by Marriott.
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stay at the TownePlace Suites on Decemeber 7, 2012. Check in process was quick, front desk staff members were very pleasant, very helpful, asked if I needed to be told about all the ammenities, but I declined since this was my 2nd stay with TownePlace Suites. All staff members encounter during my stay were very friendly, acknowledge you when you passed by, and made you feel like a valued guest. I booked a Queen 1bedroom which was located on the 1st floor, room 101. Room has a full kitchen, fridge, living room area which is seperated from bedroom area, (2) flat screen televisions, though TV located inside bedroom was a little fuzzy, appeared to be a bad connection. Room was very clean, very cozy, comfortable queen size bed. Lobby area has a small market to purchase various items, soda's water, snacks, etc. Hotel is actually within walking distance of Arundel Mills Mall, movie theatre if you don't mind crossing the mall parking lot. Hotel doesn't provide roomservice, but does recommend a service called Order Inn. I did take advantage of this service, and must say the food was excellent, service was fast, and you even receive a call from the establishment to confirm that you received your order, highly recommend if you don't have the desire to depart your room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

I agree with most of the reviews here. Nice stay. All staff were friendly. Free computer for printing boarding passes. Adequate small apartment for 2 kids and parents. Only complaint - Couch nasty and needs new bed mattress.

• Stayed September 2012
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My expectations were low, but I was optimistic since it is in the Marriott chain. We decided to stay after a long night at the Dave & Buster's. We also wanted to try the Casino out the next morning and although we live in DC, it just made since to us at 2:00 am that staying in a hotel was our best bet. We arrived to a less than enthusiastic front desk attendant, but come on it 2am, so I can't fault the guy. We asked him what was the latest we could stay without being charged. He said 2 pm, that seemed late to me, so I knew we should be out of there no later than 12:30 pm/1:00 pm. The lobby was cute, a little cramped, but I liked the map of DC/B-More on the wall. The room was actually nicer than I expected. I loved the fridge, dishwasher, hot plate etc that was provided. Although I didn't use any of these amentities they were nice to have. The bathroom was nice and the room suprisingly clean. I am a little OCD when it comes to hotels and cleanliness. The TV was pplaced in this weird position. The bed was comfy, pillows small but it works. The next morning around 12:15 pm housekeeping comes by. We explained that we would need just another 25-30 minutes and we would be out of her hair. She was not happy about that. She sighed, rolled her eyes and said "OK". I knew we needed to pick up the pace a little. So, I ran out to the car to get something and on my way back in, I see/hear the same lady say to the front desk attendant "I don't understand why they don't charge these people for staying late". I was a little taken aback as it was only 12:15 pm. I am not sure that she was referring to me, as there were quite a few people checking out late. Well, I am sorry Tonja (thats her name according to the front desk attendant) that me and other guests staying at this hotel, which by the way keeps you employed, is such a burden. Definately won't be staying here again.I understand that certain professions can be more demanding and aggrivating than others, but I would suggest that Marriott caution their employees about complaining about guests, while they are within earshot.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

I'll start with the negative. This place right off a huge mall parking lot. Apparently this mall is very popular which equals a ton of traffic in the parking lot!!!! This is not street traffic it's all Parking lot traffic. But you can walk from hotel to the mall, movies, casino, etc... Or take the shuttle. The place is clean and FREE washer and dryer for you!!!
Some of the night staff needs additional training. I'm a platinum member for Marriott and this person named Sydney was giving us a hard time when we asked for upgrade, busy be new as it seemed he did not know his away around their computer system. Overall it's a nice clean place and a lot places for shopping and dinning, maybe too many places.

• Stayed July 2012
Middletown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

A quick night before a conference, and I could find nothing bad about my stay. Breakfast was a typical "free" buffet, room was very clean and comfortable, and the highway noise (yes, the side we stayed on) was not overly invading. They even have a relationship with a local company for room service convenience. Kitchen adequate for an extended stay if necessary and the staff was very attentive. I'll be pleased to come back when in the area.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to TownePlace Suites Arundel Mills BWI Airport? Share your experiences!