“You Simply Cannot Go Wrong” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Hancock
Cuisines: American, Diner
Alexandria, Virginia
“You Simply Cannot Go Wrong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

From the homemade soup, bread and pies, this restaurant has got it down. I first ate there nearly twenty years ago and it is still one of the best lunch spots ever. I invariably order the soup of the day, often chicken or turkey noodle, the hot ham and cheese sandwich (a sandwich large enough for two to share - and you'd better if you want/need to leave room for PIE) and PIE. The wait staff is attentive, efficient and as nice as could be and the prices are very reasonable. One of the few places I've eaten where I wish I was a lot bigger person so I could eat more!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Thurmont, Maryland
“Not Fancy, Just Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

If your traveling west to Deep Creek Lake or points beyond and have time for breakfast, head to Weavers. When you walk in, you pass a great assortment of fresh baked goods on the way to your table...it makes you want to stop and look. Had a great breakfast of eggs, bacon and real home fries with toast and coffee, while my wife enjoyed homemade raisin bread French toast which she said was delicious On the way out stopped and looked at the baked goods again [should have gotten the apple strudel, but I didn't, I was too full, there's always next time]. The prices are excellent as well as the wait staff. Truly enjoyed the meal, great way to start a long weekend trip.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful family restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Our group of 8 adults and one child arrived hungry. We were pleased to be seated so quickly despite the obvious popularity of the restaurant Our meals were served by a very pleasant and efficient waitress. The greatest joy was when our group bought one of their graham cracker cream pies. That pie is a family tradition that few ever heard of before. Well, there pie passed our family's test. The pie brought back memories of my mother who introduced that pie. We certainly hope to go back to try their signature coconut cream pie.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Be Sure to Order the Pie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

If you are looking for upscale citing dining, this isn't the spot for you. If you are in the mood for classic diner food in a modest setting, then this is your place. Our family came for dinner and sampled the crab cake sandwiches and the ham sandwich. My parents loved the crabcake and noted there was little filling. My ham sandwich was hearty and filling.

The highlight of the meal was the pie. On the recommendation of our server, we got the peach pie and the black raspberry pie. The peach was the clear stand out: fresh and sweet with a light crust. My only regret is that I didn't purchase a pie here to take back to the office.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chestertown, Maryland
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Thought this old fashioned place would provide good old fashioned food, but not! Low prices but still disappointing food.

• Visited September 2012