“Weekend getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 21 hotels in Hagerstown
Mill Hall, Pennsylvania
“Weekend getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Greeted and welcomed by Shelly, calm collected in crowded lobby atmosphere. Many travelers arriving together,We did not requirer much assistance. Our room was clean neat and very spacious with everthing we needed to Rest and Relax. sheets and towels clean and fresh
Plenty of HOT water which is a welcome suprise in a busy place.

Room Tip: King suite with Whirlpool very relaxing. Exit door a little noisy on a holiday, right outside our r...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Denise Y, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while at the hotel. We work hard to make sure every guest has a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I will share your comments with the staff and hopefully we will see you again.

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Chestertown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I arrived after dark 24 Apr 2013. The desk person, Shelly, was extremely helpful, patient, and pleasant. She cheerfully helped me check in and work the room door card when I had difficulty. The next morning breakfast helper, Bonnie, was equally pleasant helping me with the waffle maker and offering assistance. The morning desk person helped me with directions to the Antietam Nat'l Park. Overall a great experience. I recommend this facility. Bring your bathing suit too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Denise Y, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while at the hotel. It is good to know that you were pleased with your stay and our staff was helpful and pleasant, I will pass on your compliments to them. We hope that you will stay with us again whenever you are traveling in the area.
Brunswick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

BUT - they only run it when it snows! (We chose this BECAUSE it had a fireplace.) It's in the lobby. AND it's cold tonight!

The lobby is gorgeous and you can look through a window and see it from the second two floors.

Anyway - it's OK - no FOX news or Christian channels - and the water in the sink has a hard time going down - BUT we got a good rate on two beds and we have a nice closet and couch! For us, it's an inexpensive close getaway.

The staff was very friendly and there's a lot of light in the parking lot, which we like.

Room Tip: On one side you can see a bit of mountains.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear you had an overall great experience, found our staff very friendly and enjoyed our beautiful lobby. I would like to apologize you were not able to experience our gas fireplace. We hope to have you stay with us again soon and that you are able relax and enjoy the fireplace.
Lewiston, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The staff was very friendly! The rooms were very clean and a great size for a family. I was travelling to visit family over the holiday with my 2 small children, 3 months and 2. They were very accommodating, I was arriving late and asked if they could have a crib in the room for me and it wasn't a problem. I will be staying here ever visit it was a great price and good location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your review and traveler tips. It's always nice to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stays with us.

I am pleased to hear that the staff was able to bring you the crib and make accommodations for you to make your stay great. It’s something we aim to do here at Comfort Suites

Next time you come with your family, be sure to visit the Hagerstown Roundhouse Museum.

Concord, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

i have stayed at this hotel several times now and i'm never disappointed.
service at front desk friendly, rooms clean, good choices at breakfast.
be certain not to confuse with comfort inn & suites which is right up the street....and i think a couple of the bad reviews here are people who are reviewing the wrong comfort. i have never had a cramped room, smelled smoke, etc.

Room Tip: try room 323
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on a trip to NY 11/20/12. Arrived about 11pm, the 2nd shift girl (don't remember her name-Jessica maybe) leaving was very nice and helpful. 3rd shift desk clerk left a little to be desired. Went outside to smoke 2 or 3 times after getting there and everytime she was sitting in the breakfast area in the lobby watching TV. The hotel itself is ok. It's about 11 yrs old according to the 3rd shift girl but they renovated about 2 yrs ago. Looks like all they did was paint and change the linens out to newer. All the furniture thorughout the room was definetly still dated. The housekeeping staff needs to pay attention more to their cleaning. The nightstand drawer had what appeared to be something spilled in it. Breakfast was just ok. Had much better breakfast at 1 I stayed in in SC. The only thing I had that was good was the sausage links. Wife said the eggs were just ok. Overall, an ok stop for 1 night, but wouldn't stay much longer than that. The pool/spa is closed for maintenace according to a sign at desk and on door. Didn't see a fitness center to review on.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
comfortsuiteshagerst, Webmaster at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Suites Hagerstown Maryland for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping was instructed to see to it that the rooms are properly supplied with towels, soap, etc. before being released as ready for occupancy.

• The front desk manager will received additional training in the courteous manner in which he is to treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will reconsider and once again choose to stay at Comfort Suites Hagerstown Maryland. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I reserved and paid for a room in advance. The hotel is supposed to be completely non-smoking (they have numerous ads in the hotel and on the room key holder touting the clean air). The first room I was shown smelled of cig. smoke. The second room I was shown smelled even more strongly of cig. smoke. I told the front desk person that the rooms were unacceptable because they smelled of smoke and because of my asthma I could not stay in either room. I was told that no other rooms were available. I asked to speak to the manager. The front desk person told me that "no managers were available because they were both out of town." I then asked the front desk person to find me an alternative hotel given that they were unable to provide me with my promised and paid for smoke-free room. Essentially, I was told "Find your own hotel room." The attitude of the front desk person was "too bad, nothing I can do for you" and a direct quote from him was "If you don't take the room, I can easily fill the room for over $100." Then when I asked for the front desk person's name for reference he gave me his first name. When I asked him for his last name, his response was "I won't give it to you, you know with things like Facebook and privacy and contacting me."

Altogether horrible experience, smelly rooms, cavalier and flippant front desk person.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
comfortsuiteshagerst, Webmaster at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Comfort Suites in Hagerstown, MD during your recent visit to our area.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Maintenance was informed of the odor of cigarette smoke you reported smelling in the non-smoking area and instructed to see what could be done to eliminate it.

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you are in our area you will once again choose to stay at the Comfort Suites in Hagerstown, MD. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!