“Very Nice!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Lewiston, New York
“Very Nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The staff was very friendly! The rooms were very clean and a great size for a family. I was travelling to visit family over the holiday with my 2 small children, 3 months and 2. They were very accommodating, I was arriving late and asked if they could have a crib in the room for me and it wasn't a problem. I will be staying here ever visit it was a great price and good location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your review and traveler tips. It's always nice to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stays with us.

I am pleased to hear that the staff was able to bring you the crib and make accommodations for you to make your stay great. It’s something we aim to do here at Comfort Suites

Next time you come with your family, be sure to visit the Hagerstown Roundhouse Museum.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Concord, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

i have stayed at this hotel several times now and i'm never disappointed.
service at front desk friendly, rooms clean, good choices at breakfast.
be certain not to confuse with comfort inn & suites which is right up the street....and i think a couple of the bad reviews here are people who are reviewing the wrong comfort. i have never had a cramped room, smelled smoke, etc.

Room Tip: try room 323
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on a trip to NY 11/20/12. Arrived about 11pm, the 2nd shift girl (don't remember her name-Jessica maybe) leaving was very nice and helpful. 3rd shift desk clerk left a little to be desired. Went outside to smoke 2 or 3 times after getting there and everytime she was sitting in the breakfast area in the lobby watching TV. The hotel itself is ok. It's about 11 yrs old according to the 3rd shift girl but they renovated about 2 yrs ago. Looks like all they did was paint and change the linens out to newer. All the furniture thorughout the room was definetly still dated. The housekeeping staff needs to pay attention more to their cleaning. The nightstand drawer had what appeared to be something spilled in it. Breakfast was just ok. Had much better breakfast at 1 I stayed in in SC. The only thing I had that was good was the sausage links. Wife said the eggs were just ok. Overall, an ok stop for 1 night, but wouldn't stay much longer than that. The pool/spa is closed for maintenace according to a sign at desk and on door. Didn't see a fitness center to review on.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
comfortsuiteshagerst, Webmaster at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Comfort Suites Hagerstown Maryland for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping was instructed to see to it that the rooms are properly supplied with towels, soap, etc. before being released as ready for occupancy.

• The front desk manager will received additional training in the courteous manner in which he is to treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will reconsider and once again choose to stay at Comfort Suites Hagerstown Maryland. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I reserved and paid for a room in advance. The hotel is supposed to be completely non-smoking (they have numerous ads in the hotel and on the room key holder touting the clean air). The first room I was shown smelled of cig. smoke. The second room I was shown smelled even more strongly of cig. smoke. I told the front desk person that the rooms were unacceptable because they smelled of smoke and because of my asthma I could not stay in either room. I was told that no other rooms were available. I asked to speak to the manager. The front desk person told me that "no managers were available because they were both out of town." I then asked the front desk person to find me an alternative hotel given that they were unable to provide me with my promised and paid for smoke-free room. Essentially, I was told "Find your own hotel room." The attitude of the front desk person was "too bad, nothing I can do for you" and a direct quote from him was "If you don't take the room, I can easily fill the room for over $100." Then when I asked for the front desk person's name for reference he gave me his first name. When I asked him for his last name, his response was "I won't give it to you, you know with things like Facebook and privacy and contacting me."

Altogether horrible experience, smelly rooms, cavalier and flippant front desk person.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
comfortsuiteshagerst, Webmaster at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Comfort Suites in Hagerstown, MD during your recent visit to our area.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Maintenance was informed of the odor of cigarette smoke you reported smelling in the non-smoking area and instructed to see what could be done to eliminate it.

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you are in our area you will once again choose to stay at the Comfort Suites in Hagerstown, MD. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Pompano Beach Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Hagerstown, MD one night while traveling for work.

After waiting in line for 20 minutes to check in, I went to a room that was very small. It was much smaller than a regular hotel room. I thought since it was "Comfort Suites" that all rooms would be suites. The room had a fold out sofa.. but it was so tight in its space, that no one could sit on the sofa, much less pull it out to sleep on. The room was located behind the ice & soda machine. The soda machine did not work & people kept dropping the money in & not getting soda. When the soda didnt come out, they would start to beat the machine.. This was right outside the door of my room (inches away, not feet)

The internet did not work at all. When I called the front desk the agent told me that the internet in the lobby was working fine. but she could not test or check the connection in my room.

The breakfast area was not clean. I didn't eat anything.

By the way, I am a Diamond Elite member of this chains club & travel very often.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Maintenance was informed of your report of Not working soda machine and Internet and instructed to look into the matter and see to any necessary replacement or repair.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in cleaning the breakfast area.

Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My family and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was a nice building with a pleasant staff and a cozy lobby and breakfast area. The room was a "suite" which meant it had two beds plus a sleeper sofa. The room was clean and spacious. My only minor complaint is that it looked like the sofa bed (which I used) wasn't kept as clean as the two beds. Not that it was dirty by any means, but I felt like the sofa bed didn't get as much attention as the other beds.

On a plus side, the breakfast was a very nice hotel breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Webster, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We booked 2 rooms on Sept 6-7, 2012 for an overnight stay and what a great place to stay! My granddaughter was looking forward to swimming after a long car drive and was pleasantly surprised to discover how warm the indoor pool water was.
The front desk person, Ryan was extremely welcoming & knowledgeable about the area. We received a 10% discount for dinner after asking him how the Texas Roadhouse food was. He made an excellent first impression after a long day on the road.
The hotel was extremely well appointed with an impressive lobby, very clean rooms and large bathrooms with very fluffy towels. The love seat or armchair in our rooms was a pleasant surprise.
Breakfast was much better than your an average hotel breakfast and we will definitely stay here again. This is a great value for the price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!