Stayed in this hotel over the weekend of 6/30-7/1. Trip was unplanned and due to major power outage in DC area (with a senior and preschooler staying in sveltering house was not a good option).
I called numerous hotels in the area and this was the only one that had decent rooms left within acceptable driving distance. Other hotels were jacking the prices left anf right ($179 for smoking room with 2 doubles???? in Frederick??? - no way).
The front desk stuff was courteous and very helpful. They were able to put us in the rooms as soon as we arrived and provided tons of helpful advice of what to do in the area. The City park was a great place to take my son and I would have never found it on my own.
The rooms were very nice and quiet. We had one room with 2 queen beds and one with one king bed. More than adequate for our family. Each room had a fridge, microwave and a pull out sofa.
The hotel has an indoor pool, hot tub and exercise room. My husband used hot tub everyday and was impressed. The pool is small and with no shallow end for my preschooler to play in, so we didn;t use it. Exercise room had 3 pieces of equipment, but I have never seen anyone use them.
The lobby is very nice with separate areas for breakfast, relaxation and small business center with computer equipment. We and bunch of other people were hanging out there in the evening just chatting and having a good time.
Breakfast was very nice and better than I expected. We had the usual - cereal, yougurt, pastries, etc. As well as some hot items - eggs, french toast, sausage/bacon. The waffles from waffle machine were very good too. In addition, fruit (bananas, apples and oranges) was offered.
Overall, I consider myself very lucky to have chanced on this property. They have saved our weekend and turned a blackout into mini-vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Suites Hagerstown.For history buffs you’ll find we are centrally located between three major Civil war battlefields and a Colonial Fort. Antietam National Battlefield is the closest and only a 15 minute drive. Harpers Ferry and Fort Frederick State Park are about a 25 minute drive with Gettysburg 39 miles from the hotel. This area also offers many historical attraction...s and museums.While in Hagerstown, sports fans can enjoy a baseball game at Municipal Stadium. Relax and take in a Suns game, the single-A affiliate of the Washington Nationals.Enjoy cultural attractions? Then you will want to visit the Washington County Museum of Fine Arts or spend an evening at The Maryland Theatre, home of the Maryland Symphony Orchestra.During your stay you will enjoy a 100% smoke free environment. Each large one room suite offers a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, iron and ironing board and hair dryers.Also included:Complementary hot breakfastIndoor pool and hot tubExercise roomFree wired and wireless high-speed internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Comfort Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Hagerstown
- Comfort Suites Hagerstown
- Hagerstown Comfort Suites