This was the last of six Choice Hotels (five Comfort Suites) that we stayed on our vacation. Our room had two queen beds that were very comfortable with plenty of pillows. In addition to the usual amenities of coffee pot, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, the refrigerator's freezer compartment was large enough to keep two large blue ice containers frozen and ready to be used when we left. Overall, the room was clean and quite sufficient for an overnight stay.
The reason why we took off two stars:
1) The 25" TV placed in a cabinet didn't have the same viewing flexibility as most of the other Comfort Suites that had free standing (and larger) flat screen TV's on a swivel base.
2) Breakfast wasn't on par with the other hotels on this trip.
3) While it was nice to have the option of using a fixed or handheld shower head, the water pressure was pretty weak, especially being on the ground floor.
4) Despite saying that internet access was free in rooms and "public areas", the "public areas" do not include the business center located in the main lobby. This is the only Choice Hotel we've stayed that charges a per minute fee to access the internet via their computer. As an extra rub, the default browser window has several large ads that span the entire width of the window. This just seemed a really tacky way to make extra money.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Hagerstown
- Comfort Hotel
- Comfort Suites Hagerstown
- Hagerstown Comfort Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Suites Hagerstown.For history buffs you’ll find we are centrally located between three major Civil war battlefields and a Colonial Fort. Antietam National Battlefield is the closest and only a 15 minute drive. Harpers Ferry and Fort Frederick State Park are about a 25 minute drive with Gettysburg 39 miles from the hotel. This area also offers many historical attraction...s and museums.While in Hagerstown, sports fans can enjoy a baseball game at Municipal Stadium. Relax and take in a Suns game, the single-A affiliate of the Washington Nationals.Enjoy cultural attractions? Then you will want to visit the Washington County Museum of Fine Arts or spend an evening at The Maryland Theatre, home of the Maryland Symphony Orchestra.During your stay you will enjoy a 100% smoke free environment. Each large one room suite offers a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, iron and ironing board and hair dryers.Also included:Complementary hot breakfastIndoor pool and hot tubExercise roomFree wired and wireless high-speed internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Comfort Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.