“I had a very nice stay. Will be staying again. The staff...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Hagerstown

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Hagerstown to your Saves list
Days Inn Hagerstown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1101 Dual Highway, Hagerstown, MD 21740 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #14 of 21 hotels in Hagerstown
Mountville
“I had a very nice stay. Will be staying again. The staff...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I had a very nice stay. Will be staying again. The staff was very nice and helpful. The location fits my needs very nicely.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

HagerstownDaysInn, Manager at Days Inn Hagerstown, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thanks so much for your review and your patronage to our hotel! We're so glad you decided to stay with us. See you next time!

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Ballymena, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Reception staff very courteous & helpful, not only on local restaurants etc. but also in checking us online for our flight to Ireland. Hotel bedroom was spacious & beds comfortable, all appliances in room working & room tidy. Continental breakfast was adequate. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Try Cafe Italia, big portions & lovely pizza.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your compliments on our staff and service. We are always happy to assist you in any way that we can. We're looking forward to seeing you on your next trip. Thanks again and have a great day!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on 5/13/2013-Approx.2:30A.M in Room 220. The Air Conditioner didn't work properly- shut on and off twice and smelled fouled. The TV was static. The Night Clerk Purina reported to the room promptly to assist. She was able to set the TV properly but after checking the AC and getting it to turn on it shut back off within seconds. I had to call her back to the room and the same thing happened with the AC again.
The carpet was dirty and smelled foul in the room and hallway.
I didn't call staff back to the room since it was now 3 A.M. when the clerk left the room and my friend was already in bed- extremely disappointed by the lack of quality service. There was trash on the floor by the beds- empty juice box and marker from previous guests/ dirty bath tub/ dingy stained washcloths/ small bathroom/ avoid this hotel if you want a restful, pleasant stay.
At checkout I spoke with Management-Scott who was rude and discourteous - I wasn't offered an apology or discount. I requested a refund and was curtly told that I wouldn't get one and this young man never made contact. Another gentleman was standing next to him behind the desk/ Indian/ Management perhaps?/he didn't utter a word or make eye contact either. Scott yelled to me as I was exiting in a rude tone, "Have A Nice Day"!
I called and asked for the owner and Scott wouldn't give me this information. I reiterated the issues with service and again and this unprofessional young man failed to use another opportunity to apologize on behalf of his Employer for Poor Service. I stated that I may cancel payment and Scott replied, ok.
Scott should be retrained at the least.

I would advise others to avoid this location.

• Stayed May 2013
HagerstownDaysInn, Manager at Days Inn Hagerstown, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
We have contacted TripAdvisor about this review. This guest came into our hotel looking for a free night. She came in with a bad attitude even before she was even checked in and picked up a business card immediately after walking in the door as if to see who she could complain about. In fact, it was only a few minutes later that she was talking about getting a refund, fully intending to stay the entire night for free. We accomodated her with an immediate room change that she requested due to room type (not any problems with the room) and even gave her a late checkout in the morning. She again mentioned a refund for her room after staying all night. Unfortunately, anyone can write anything on TripAdvisor, and sometimes people try to make it personal. TripAdvisor is supposed to have a system in place to remove reviews that are a result of people who try to use the system as a weapon against hotels so they can stay for free. We have submitted the case to them and have yet to see anything done with this review. Please read our other reviews and you'll see that our cleanliness and customer service is nothing like that described here.
Holden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The facilities and personnel were more than satisfactory. Too close to the main road, very loud at night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

HagerstownDaysInn, Manager at Days Inn Hagerstown, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I'm sorry that you heard some of the road noise. Perhaps we can give you a room on the back side during your next stay. Thanks and have a great day!

Been to Days Inn Hagerstown? Share your experiences!