“Trip to CT” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Hagerstown

You added Days Inn Hagerstown to your Saves list
Days Inn Hagerstown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1101 Dual Highway, Hagerstown, MD 21740 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Special Price
15% Off Standard Rate!
Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
SMITHS GROVE
“Trip to CT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I chose this Hotel because of my Wyndham rewards program. I am very sorry that I did. We traveled for 10 hours and were very much looking forward to a good nights rest before we continued on our journey. The check in gentleman was very cold and unfriendly. The rooms appeared to be nice and comfortable upon our check in. But after sleeping in our King sized bed, my husband and I both woke to very sore muscles which made our next day journey, unbearable. I will never stay there again nor do I recommend it

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

HagerstownDaysInn, Manager at Days Inn Hagerstown, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Well I’m sorry to hear that your stay didn’t go as smoothly as you were expecting. I am quite surprised to hear that your bed was uncomfortable, as usually our Serta mattresses are regularly complimented for their comfort. I’m also sorry that you felt your check-in was not very friendly. I replayed the video to see what you were referring to and so that I could address it if necessary. Upon review, the person who checked you in told you all about the room, joked with you for a moment, and even told you all about the restaurant up the street that you asked about. I’m not sure how it was unfriendly but your concern was taken into account. Thanks for your review and have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
BURLINGTON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This was a stop of our way home. The room was very old looking and very dirty. The rugs were disgusting and there was something disgusting on the ceiling that looked a lot like dried blood. The only good thing about this was it was a quick one nighter. The staff at checkin and check out was the same person and he was great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

HagerstownDaysInn, Manager at Days Inn Hagerstown, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
I'm sorry to hear that your room was not up to par with our normal quality of service. We regularly shampoo the carpet in our rooms and are housekeepers are very clean. As we have now finished our exterior renovation, we are turning our focus back to touching up the interior of the hotel. I'm sorry that you saw a stain on the ceiling that we somehow initially overlooked. I can assure you that it isn't blood -- this is a hotel, not a television drama. We will address it and take care of the issues.
Smithsburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

i stayed there a few nights when hurricane sandy was coming to town.nice staff.very friendly.look like newly remodeled outside an inside rooms flatscreen tvs room cleaned every day.i would stay there again.

Room Tip: 4th floor very peaceful
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thanks for your excellent review of our hotel. We are very pleased with our recent renovation and are glad to have the new TVs as well. Have a great day and please come again!
LUTHERVILLE TIMONIUM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Elevator smelled like smoke
No protein items for cont brkst such as boiled eggs, yogurt
Brkfst attendant spent most of her time on couch by check-in desk watching TV
Lot of noise from room probably downstairs from us -- bunch of girls/women laughing and carrying on until about 2 or 3 am
Coke machine did not work
Love bathroom arrangement with sink separated from toilet and shower
Very good space allowance for luggage on tables
Good TV, easy to use remote

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I would like to thank you for your review and I appreciate your compliments on our flat-screen TVs and the room arrangements. We are in the process of improving our breakfast, however our low room rates don't allow us to offer everything that larger hotels usually offer for a higher price. Please note that we have made a few adjustments to our staff and have replaced the front desk clerk who was not giving proper attention to her responsibilities at the front desk. I look forward to serving you better the next time you have the opportunity to stay with us.
BALTIMORE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Renting a room was spur of the moment because my boyfriend and I were planning on staying with family but at the last minute decided to have our own space. We checked in pretty late Friday night and were only there to sleep. When we got to the room it had a foul odor but we were too tired to say anything. In the morning when we woke up we left before house keeping came by. Upon our return for a nap mid day, the room was cleaned but the smell was still there. If we had to do more in the room other than sleep I would have been a little concerned. I have stayed at other Days Inn's and I have never experienced a great stay. I don't plan on staying at another. The price is roughly only a little cheaper than other hotels I have stayed at and have had a much better experience. No offense to any of the staff. The woman behind the desk upon check in was very nice and considerate but the stay was less than appealing and I will not be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

HagerstownDaysInn, Manager at Days Inn Hagerstown, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
I'm sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfying. I do wish that you would have stopped by the front desk or called down to let us know if your room didn't smell the way it was supposed to. We spray every room with air freshener, so I don't know what you smelled, but we would have gladly moved you to another room had we known there was ever a problem. Our desire is to give you the best possible experience. Without us knowing about a problem, there isn't anything we can do to fix it.

Been to Days Inn Hagerstown? Share your experiences!