“Overall horrible experience...you get what you pay for..” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Hagerstown

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Hagerstown to your Saves list
Super 8 Hagerstown
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1220 Dual Highway, I-70 Exit 32B or I-81 Exit 6A, Hagerstown, MD 21740-5923   |
Ranked #16 of 21 hotels in Hagerstown
Albany
“Overall horrible experience...you get what you pay for..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I decided to give this place a chance despite previous bad reviews and regretted every minute of it. The room smelled strongly of air freshener, tv was small, and breakfast was limited. Queen sized seemed more like a twin. The worst was stepping on something sharp next to the bed when putting my daughter to bed after we checked in after 1 am (still need to find out if it was a needle fragment). When I reported it to the hotel, was told about the sentence on the registration card which allegedly states that the hotel is not responsible for injury, etc. I requested to speak with the manager/owner and he avoided me (despite my laying eyes on him wile having a bite of a Danish in the cafeteria area. There are nice hotels near the mall..Do yourself a favor and try one of them instead. I used hotwire and paid a little more to stay at the Ramada ($68), but oh the relief and increased feeling of safety. Plus it was truly near everything (mall, restaurant, highways, etc.) the only positive feature was the staff this gentleman has working for him. They were very nice and professional.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hagerstown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The flat screen TV's & accent wall provide a refreshing environment. The staff are also extremely helpful & polite!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

HagerstownSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for noticing our recent renovations and for your compliments on our staff. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again in the future. Have a great day!
Bridgeville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was iffy about reserving here in the first place(I usually stay at another area hotel), but the price was almost half of where I normally stay :(, so, ok, I tried it. First thing I saw once I opened my rm door....not vacuumed and it was obvious too! Not cool! Also, once stepping in, there was a smell... that covered up smoke smell....nasty! The 2nd floor was a non-smoking floor(3rd was smoking and there was 1st floor below, but not sure if it was non-smoking or not).... My friends rm. across the way did not smell nearly as stench as mine :( I had to ask for Febreeze...got Odo - Ban and doused my rm. in it, but it didn't last long :( I did stick it out and stay, but not sure I'll be back, especially room 204. I did like the nighttime receptionist, he was friendly on the phone when I made my reservation and when I spoke to him later that night... They leave envelopes for tips... I left them a tip: "please vacuum... ps. I know how it goes, I've worked in the hotel industry." :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

HagerstownSuper8, Manager at Super 8 Hagerstown, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
I'm certainly very sorry that your stay was not what it should have been. Our housekeeping may have made an oversight if you believe your room wasn't vacuumed -- that certainly isn't typical and we do apologize for it. We would have gladly changed your room to another if you had requested it. We will address your concerns with the housekeeping staff and make sure that it is taken care of. Thanks so much and we hope to see you the next time you're in the area.

Been to Super 8 Hagerstown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Hagerstown

Address: 1220 Dual Highway, I-70 Exit 32B or I-81 Exit 6A, Hagerstown, MD 21740-5923
Location: United States > Maryland > Hagerstown
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #16 of 21 hotels in Hagerstown
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Hagerstown 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Wyndham, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Super 8 Hagerstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super Eight Hagerstown
Hagerstown Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 Hagerstown, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.