“Hagerstown” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Rutland, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Was in a rush to book a hotel on a road trip from Mass to NC. Ramada seemed harmless enough, fair price for a bed, $99 one room, two doubles. The lobby was nice and clean..but man..get off the elevator on the 3rd floor...whole different story. The carpets were dingy and in need of a good cleaning. Our room was hot and stuffy when we arrived. Took a good hour for the A/C to cool the room, and even then it never truly got cold. Personally, I like a cold room when I sleep 65-66. The room never got below 70. The bedspreads were from the 50's old and outdated. Comfortable beds, clean sheets. Dropped my reading glasses next to the night stand. What a horror when I bent over to pick them up. There were crumbs and hair and lint....gross! I rinsed my glasses before wearing them again.

Sound asleep with the "do not disturb" sign hanging and housekeeping bangs in the the door at 9:30am. Precisely why I hung the sign lady "DO NOT DISTURB".....

I've made a mental note to avoid Ramada Inn's in the future.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel for a good room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jessica T, Manager at Ramada Plaza Hagerstown, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Constance B,

I am so sorry to hear about the experience you had at our hotel. I really appreciate your feedback. I have sent your comments about the cleanliness of your room to our Housekeeping department. You should not have experienced a room less than spotless, and our cleaning staff shouldn’t have knocked so early when you had your do not disturb sign on the door. For that, I would like to extend a sincere apology.

Regarding the temperature in your room upon arrival: it is now customary for the housekeeping staff at most hotels to turn the air conditioning off when nobody is in the room in order to save energy. However, I apologize that you found it stuffy and uncomfortable.

We are in the beginning stages of a large renovation and next time you’re in the area, I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Warm regards,
Jessica Tiller
Sales Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Every year my wife and I winter in Myrtle Beach. Our first stop on the way there and back is the Ramada Plaza hotel IN Hagerstown MD. It perfectly situated just off the 81 and close to shopping a restaurants.You need not go looking for dining however as there restaurant and pub offer excellentcalibre of food. The staff are friendly and courteous and the rooms are spacious and clean. I, personally rate this facility as being equivalant to a 4.5 starl level.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jessica T, Manager at Ramada Plaza Hagerstown, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Richard M,

Thanks for picking our hotel as a stopping point when you travel to and from Myrtle Beach! We love hearing that you stay with us often. I’m glad that you enjoy your meals at our Fireside Restaurant, too! Next time you stay with us, don’t forget that you will get a 15% discount when you show your room key. Thanks again for your review.

Jessica Tiller
Sales Manager

Been to Ramada Plaza Hagerstown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Plaza Hagerstown

Address: 1718 Underpass Way, Hagerstown, MD 21740
Location: United States > Maryland > Hagerstown
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Best Value Hotel in Hagerstown
#4 Romantic Hotel in Hagerstown
#5 Family Hotel in Hagerstown
#6 Business Hotel in Hagerstown
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Plaza Hagerstown 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Wyndham, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Ramada Plaza Hagerstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Plaza Hotel Hagerstown

If you own or manage Ramada Plaza Hagerstown, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.