“Great front desk staff; nice facility. Only issue was a...” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bradford, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a week night, and were disappointed. Check in took a loNg time, and there was a tv blaring in the main lobby, with noon watching it. Since we are Wyndham rewards members, we were given a room on the top floor, executive level. Sounded good, but hallway smelled. You could clearly hear voices and tvs through walls. Room large but very dated. Cobwebs in corner. Breakfast horrible. Watery coffee, diluted juices, flavorless eggs, and toasters did not work. No one on attendance. Do not go there for breakfast.

Stayed May 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Booked a suite and the a/c didn't work. It had 2 full beds that were more like 3/4 beds. Moved to a regular room with 1 king bed, which was nowhere near king size. Dead bugs galore and wallpaper coming away from the walls. In the regular room it took FOREVER for the hot water to reach the room. The ironing board was broken and would only open halfway. I would have had to be on my knees to use it. I forced it open but no way I could close it back up. The front desk employees are over the top awesome! We had dinner the first night at the onsite restaurant (Fireside I think) and for the first time in all the years we've been staying here, we had a bad waitress. She wasn't unpleasant, but she wasn't pleasant either. She didn't give us her name and she seemed to be annoyed that I asked for a regular chair. The restaurant has HORRIBLE barrel back chairs that are very constricting to a larger size person. The tables are also very annoying because some tables have sides that fold down. When in the up position they create an unleveled area which is exactly where your plate sits. When you try to cut your food, your plate is wobbling back and forth. We've always enjoyed our meals here but we didn't feel that the cost and discomfort (tables and chairs) were worthy of a second visit on this trip. The salad bar has been scaled down and prices have gone up. I know economy plays a big part in this as well. My family and I all agree that the hotel seems to be showing it's age and not getting the attention it needs.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
JeannieR1718, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Hagerstown, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Ramada Plaza Hotel for your recent stay.

I want to personally apologize for your unpleasant experience. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make sure your stay is as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

We are in preparation of a multimillion dollar renovation of our facility - starting with our guest rooms. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you again in the future.

Please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to speak with you.

Jeannie Ridenour
301-797-2500
Marietta, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

First, the good things: the staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean.
Now...
The ice machines were broken. The pool was down. The continental breakfast was not so great, esp. compared to what you can get for about $10 more at the Holiday Inn or the Hampton. Not a great selection. Disappointed. The bath tub in the room where I was staying was clogged up.
Usually when Priceline sends me an email to tell me how much I'll be paying, that's that. This time I agreed to pay $89 plus tax. But as soon as I checked in the hotel took $124 out of my bank acct. They say they have a sign at the desk that says they'll "pre-authorize" your payment by using this charge. How this works, I don't know. BUT I had made my meager travel budget at home before leaving, not at the desk of the hotel. $25 of this was a surprise charge that they say will disappear and fall back into my acct., but I had been counting on that money to put gas in my car during the trip.

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn right behind this Ramada! For a FEW dollars more you'll be a LOT happier.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Rooms are clean and comfortable. Restaurant and bar on site isn't to bad. Breakfast is in the same area in the morning. Lots of other restaurants close by to choose from. Shopping areas close by also.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Plaza Hagerstown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Plaza Hagerstown

Address: 1718 Underpass Way, Hagerstown, MD 21740
Location: United States > Maryland > Hagerstown
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#4 Romantic Hotel in Hagerstown
#6 Family Hotel in Hagerstown
#6 Business Hotel in Hagerstown
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Plaza Hagerstown 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Plaza Hagerstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Plaza Hotel Hagerstown

If you own or manage Ramada Plaza Hagerstown, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.