“Nice hotel...average to below average stay.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
25% Off 2-Night Stays
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
MI
“Nice hotel...average to below average stay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is a fairly decent looking and clean hotel. However, the first night we were there the pool was closed because "of a worm problem". I am not sure what that meant but it was a bit concerning to say the least. Then the next day the pool was closed because somebody loosened the cap at the bottom of the pool and it was shooting up like a geyser. The maids were fighting in the hallway and one actually walked out on the job. I left a brand new pair of sandals there which was not turned in by the maid. I checked my credit card statement and saw that the lounge had charged me four different times, the exact same amount for the exact day. When I called, I was told that it was an "error" and that the girl that rang me up was new and she was giving me my 15% discount for being a guest at the hotel?? This made no sense to me, but she assured me that out of the 4 pending charges for $54.75, only one would actually post. This is not assuring as this could have caused me to go over my credit limit as I don't use cards with high available balances when I travel just in case of fraud. She said to wait 3-5 business days. Which of course I have no option but to do so. I got a great rate for booking and paying early, but I would rather pay a little more and have a better stay. This is not the first time we have stayed here. We chose it for the location. Each time we stayed here, the pool has been closed for some reason or another. It also no longer has a hot tub. If you are not interested in swimming or using a hot tub, this hotel is fine. Just do not use a credit card for the lounge.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Underpass, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Hagerstown, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the problems that you experienced with our pool and with your bill in the lounge. I understand our Hotel Manager has contacted you to discuss your concerns and hope things have been resolved to your satisfaction. If I can be of any further help to you please contact me anytime at 301-797-2500 x122.

Again, I am very sorry we did meet or exceed your expectations, but I hope you will give us another try to prove ourselves in the future.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Went there for one night, hard place to find. But the staff is nice and the rooms are good. The price was fine, nothing fancy and breakfast was included. It was in the middle of everything so that was nice. Room was clean,bathroom clean - so that was a plus. With a child play travel softball we stay at a lot of hotel's so this was one of the better ones.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest while traveling with your child's softball team! And for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Perhaps we will see you again next year for softball season!

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of help with future reservations. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.

Carlisle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed a night on 6/23/2012. Excellent value for the cost. Close to shopping and outlet stores. Room was large and very clean. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast is a large buffet in their restaurant. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel and staff! Your recommendation is so greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again on your future travels through our area!

Contact me anytime I can be of help. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.

Louisville, KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

The room was large but smelled stale at best. In the morning, the stained carpet leading to the breakfast area and the wretched smell (does it double as the bar at night?) made us decide to go elsewhere and pay for breakfast. If nothing else, it would be a plus to redo the breakfast area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations. We try very hard to make each and every guest have an enjoyable experience at our hotel. If you would give us another chance to make it up to you I would be happy to help with future reservations at a deeply discounted rate. We would welcome the opportunity to have you as our guest again. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.

North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Stayed one night and the hotel is older but rooms are big and clean. Had nice indoor pool and hot and cold items at free breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valued feedback about your recent stay with us! We hope to have you as our guest again the the future!

Let me know if I may be of any assistance to you. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.

Lunenburg, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Easy check in, parking a little tight for me (I drive a full size truck), room was good, but the cleaning service seemed to have forgotten about the mini fridge in the bathroom because the freezer part of it (which we needed) had about an inch of built up ice around it. Amazingly enough, being close to the highway, you wouldn't know it. Their ice maker seemed endless (thank you), and the continental breakfast was fresh and hot.
Thank you Ramada.

Room Tip: We stayed on the "odd" numbered side i.e., 411 and could here nothing from the highway.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw about your recent stay with us! We are happy that your family was able to get a good nights rest while on the road. Please don't hesitate to let me know if I can help with any of your future travels. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.

Wilmington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

My wife and I spent two separate nights a week apart at this hotel during our travel between our home and our vacation destination. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The bed was comfortable. Cleanliness was very good. Check in/out were very good. Front desk staff were helpful. The price was not a bad. Location was right off I-81 which made it convenient as we were travelling on that road. We didn't use the swimming pool or other hotel amenities. We did use the ice machine and Fireside Restaurant (separately reviewed). I did look for a soft drink vending machine on the floor where the ice machine was located but they didn't have one. The room was a good size and there was free WiFi (although it didn't work on our first visit). The bathroom was spacious. The room smelled fresh. Parking was ample. A good place to stop during a trip.

Room Tip: We booked our second visit when we checked out after our first visit and got an upgrade.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are so glad you and your wife enjoyed the two evenings you spent with us! Thank you for your valued feedback about our staff and hotel/restaurant. We hope to have you as our guest in the future. Please let me know if I can be of any help. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.