“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 20 hotels in Hagerstown
Wilmington, Massachusetts
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

My wife and I spent two separate nights a week apart at this hotel during our travel between our home and our vacation destination. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The bed was comfortable. Cleanliness was very good. Check in/out were very good. Front desk staff were helpful. The price was not a bad. Location was right off I-81 which made it convenient as we were travelling on that road. We didn't use the swimming pool or other hotel amenities. We did use the ice machine and Fireside Restaurant (separately reviewed). I did look for a soft drink vending machine on the floor where the ice machine was located but they didn't have one. The room was a good size and there was free WiFi (although it didn't work on our first visit). The bathroom was spacious. The room smelled fresh. Parking was ample. A good place to stop during a trip.

Room Tip: We booked our second visit when we checked out after our first visit and got an upgrade.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Underpass, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Hagerstown, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are so glad you and your wife enjoyed the two evenings you spent with us! Thank you for your valued feedback about our staff and hotel/restaurant. We hope to have you as our guest in the future. Please let me know if I can be of any help. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.

378 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Pelham, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stopped with no reservation and were assigned Room 515 that was very spacious and had a large bathroom where you could close the door without your knees hitting the door.

The room smelled fresh. The bed and the pillows were not the most comfortable that we encountered having been traveling on a road trip to Canada and New England for 21 days.

We were given a coupon for 15% off to use at the attached Fireside Restaurant & Lounge. My husband had the prime rib that was a bit chewy and had a weird color (a gray/brown) $24.90 includedd the salad bar. My filet mignon was chewy too and had the same weird color (6 oz $21.95 with a salad, starch and veggie). The meat tasted OK, just looked strange. There are other offerings on the menu. The Crab Cake was highly recommended and perhaps that is what we should have had.

The wine list is limited. A bottle of Columbia Crest Cabernet Sauvignon was $22.

Service was excellent in both the dining room and bar.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us! We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope that you will have the opportunity to stay with us again. I have to say I agree, our Crab Cakes are amazing! You will definitely have to try them the next time.

Thanks again and please let me know if I can help with your travels in the future. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I commented on this hotel in Oct 2012. I had encountered a few negative things the last time around.
The hotel contacted me in reference to those complaints. They expressed their regrets. They offered
me and my 2 friends 3 free rooms on our next time through. I recently contacted the hotel and asked if
the rooms were available for the up coming weekend. They said they were and verified that there would
be no charge at all. This time everyone had a fantastic attitude, part of the problem the last time.
The rooms they comped us were to say the least over kill. 2 of them were what they called mini suites.
The 3rd was called their presidential master suite. The mini suites very fantastic. The presdential suite was over the top. I just want to say thanks to the management for their hospitality and keeping their promise
about the no charge. They didn't even ask us to pay any taxes. Good job Ramada. See you soon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us a second chance to win back your loyalty! We look forward to having you back to stay with us many times in the coming years! It is a great pleasure to have you as our guest. Contact me anytime I can be of assistance, 301-797-2500 x122.

High Point, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Room was nice for the price.

Only problem was at checkin the lady had been left all alone at night to tend to the front desk. When we arrived it was around 8pm and the phones were ringing off the hook and she was answering and trying to get everyone checked in. There were 4 other people to check in at that time. I felt for her there should have been at least 2 people at the desk.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Underpass, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Hagerstown, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very appreciated. We generally have two people on the shift, but unfortunately there are those few times when the unforeseen happens and we have a scheduling complication. I hope this did not dampen your experience overall. We very much thank you for being our guest! Please don't hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assitance to you. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.

Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for our 35th anniversary. We were a bit concerned when we checked in because a number of girls wearing baseball uniforms were in the lobby. We've had bad, noisy experiences in the past with youth teams staying a hotels we were in. But in this case we never knew they were in the same building. Check in was a breeze, everyone nice and polite, the room was clean and comfortable... and they gave a military retiree discount! A shopping mall is very close and plenty of restaurants are nearby. We did not dine at the hotel, so can't comment on that.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for spending your anniversary with us at our hotel! Congratulations on such a special day. So glad to know that your experience was pleasant and that you will be back! Happy Anniversary! Please let me know if I can help with your future travels. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed here for one night in May. The place was very busy. The hotel staff was very nice and the hotel was very clean. Breakfast in the morning was good. The staff did a good job at keeping it full.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel and staff! We hope to have you as our guest in the future. Don't hesitate to let me know if I may be of any assistance to you. I can be reached at 301-797-2500 x122.

vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Just returned from a four night stay with a group of 30 adults. Have been organizing trips for our group for 12 years and I have to say that our experience with the Ramada Plaza has been the best ever. Convenient location, super friendly staff, food was excellent, rooms clean and comfortable. Very quiet despite being close to the highway. Especially enjoyed being greeted by "Bob" every time we visited the lobby! Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Hagerstown area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you! It was such a pleasure to have your group stay with us! Bob misses you all. Hope to see you again on a future trip to Hagerstown!

Director of Sales

Been to Ramada Plaza Hagerstown? Share your experiences!