“Fine for one night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Cambridge, Canada
“Fine for one night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night, but the room we got smelled damp and stuffy. The bathroom smelled like someone left a wet towel lying in there for days, and the smell wafted into the main room area. The lights weren't very bright and the room felt dark and dim at night.

The free breakfast was very good though. Fresh waffles as well as coffee and juice. They didn't have any other hot foods except oatmeal. The English muffin sandwiches were in the fridge and looked decent, but I didn't try it.

Overall, it was an okay stay, but I probably won't be returning anytime soon as I didn't feel all that comfortable and clean in the room, but that's just me.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
venicegrand, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests! I do apologize that your stay didn't meet your expectations, and please know that I have taken your concerns and addressed them with our staff so that we can continually upgrade our service and provide a superior product! Thank you again for your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Richmond, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Best Western Grand Venice Hotel and Conference Center is a very good value for the money - pleasant and helpful staff, comfortable bed, pleasant rooms, nice appearance. It's in a good location near major roadways if you are going to a place like Gettysburg as I was. I'll continue to stay there when I'm in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests! We are thrilled that you have enjoyed staying with us, and appreciate that you visit us regularly when traveling through the area! We hope to see you again soon!
Pueblo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

The hotel needed some renovations and my room looked it, but Michelle at the front desk made out trip great. She was so helpful during booking and checkout. She made the stay worth it. Thanks Michelle!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests! Additionally it is appreciated when guests mention staff by name, we strive hard to provide excellent service and when our guests recognize staff members it allows us to also recognize those staff members for their excellent work! Thank you again, and we hope that if you are ever in the area again you will consider staying with us once more!
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

We stopped because we were tired. So it was just a random pick. The room was filthy. Things on the walls, who knows what... I don't even want to know what it was. The bed was comfortable. We didn't eat breakfast, but I did stop to talk to the manager. I was told he was busy but would be with me in a minute.... I decided to put my bag in the car and there he was, standing out front smoking! I told him how dirty the room was. I brought down a Lysol wipe I used to wipe off the air conditioner. A tip for you all... If the dirt is built up on the outside that's cause the filter is full and dirty which is blocking the cool air and blowing thru the dirt so they are throwing money out the window along with spreading dirt and dust throughout your room. I told him that too. He cut my bill in half and we left !

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests! Please note your concerns have been taken seriously, and I have talked with our managers as well as housekeeping to address the concerns that you have pointed out! I sincerely hope that the next time you are in the area that you will consider staying with us again, so that we can make it right by you, and provide you with the excellent service and accommodations we are known for! Thank you again for your feedback!
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Stayed here on the way down to myrtle beach for a vacation. Good sleep, no issues with the room. Only problem was the juice machine was broken at the continental breakfast, but a bunch of other drinks were available.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feed back! Our juice machines have since been fixed by the way! We hope that the next time you are passing through the area that you consider staying with us again! Thanks!
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Best Western in Hagerstown. We were there for our daughters softball tournament. Our team asked about having a little get-together in the pool area and they allowed us to open the back gate and grill in the parking lot then eat in the pool courtyard. The team and families had a very nice time. The weather wasn't great but the management did their best to get us whatever we needed.
We did find that the hot tub wasn't hot, they keep it lukewarm so that was a little disappointing but there were towels provided and a nice shower area at the pool.
The room was nice. Spacious enough and the beds were comfortable and the shower was hot.
The only problem we had at all was with the breakfast. It's a bit odd how it is held in a 2nd floor room, though it's OK. But nothing was replenished quickly enough. There was no milk or juice and we had to wait quite a while for some coffee. Also, none of the tables were clean. I had to wipe one down for us to eat. The girl working there didn't seem to care, or speak English. Other than that, everything went well with our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
venicegrand, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and happy that we could accommodate you and the softball team so that your stay was enjoyable. We try to make sure we can accommodate the little requests like that, that make a stay even more memorable. We hope that you will consider staying with us again next year during softball season! Thanks again!
Portland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

First room was a disaster. Couldn't even walk inside. There was a trash can tipped over on the floor, white powder of some sort spilled over the carpet, and the bathroom hadn't been cleaned. Requested a new room.

The second room had missing tile in the bathroom, saggy bed linens. Filthy carpets, and some weird stuff of the floor/on the walls of the bathroom.

Hallways were dark, carpets unclean, dryer broken, and over all shabby with a bad odor. One poor young woman on staff had more than she could handle.

The clerk apologized, but didn't respond to my request to find me an acceptable room. She had no solutions for me, so I used their computer to book a wonderful room at the Hampton Inn two miles down the road.

I took photos to show her clerk, but she claimed they were "remodeling."

Why, oh why, didn't I check these reviews before booking this room?

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests. We do apologize for any inconvenience during your stay with us. As our front desk clerk mentioned during your stay we were going through some renovations, and I am sorry that impacted your stay with us. Thank you again for your feedback though, and know that we will take action on any other issues that we can resolve in house!

Been to BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center? Share your experiences!