“Fine with great staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center

You added BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Houston, United States
“Fine with great staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel is the norm. Perfectly fine and good for our purposes. The staff, though, was friendly, helpful and helped us get our next accommodations. This is certainly over and above the call of duty. I would certainly pick this again if I was coming back to Hagerstown.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

venicegrand, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to meet your expectations! Also we love hearing back about our staff members, so thank you for including that in your review! We strive to promote a staff that is out going and to try to always exceed the expectations of our guests, and I'm glad that we could provide that for you! Thank you again for staying with the Grand Venice Best Western, we hope if you are ever in the area again you will considering staying with us once more!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Elkin, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is not the worst hotel I've stayed in but it is a close second. The furniture in the room was stained and the floor appeared to not have been vacuumed in a while. I will not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been vacuumed.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests! We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay, be sure we will look into why your room was not adequate and discuss any necessary steps with housekeeping! Please be sure to note that vacuuming is a part of our daily cleaning process after every stay, so again we do apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you for having considered the Grand Venice Best Western!
Horseheads, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were in the area to visit Antietam Battle Field. This hotel was about 9 miles away. There are not any right in Sharpsburg the town adjacent to the Battle Field. This was definitely a good option. The entire price with tax etc was $86. The hotel has been there awhile apparently and could use some more updating. However, the room we got- which was a normal King Bed room was huge. If you were with kids you could put in a few cots or cribs to boot. It was very clean and everything worked. The bed was comfy. The AC worked fine and did not make too much noise.

The electrical outlets nearest to the bed were pretty far. If you have a cpap machine or other electric device like a phone charger that you want to set on the night stand - bring an extension cord. There were three lamps in the room and none were very bright.

Breakfast was ok. They had one of those flip over waffle machines that always makes my day.

There was an attached restaurant that was closed. This was a bit of an eye sore and there was a sign indicating that a new restaurant would be coming soon.

I did notice something that disturbed me. The guy who I believed was the manager - was talking with one of the young female workers there - he and she were sort of kidding around with each other in the breakfast area. ( nothing loud or serious) And then he gave the worker a little kiss on the cheek. This disturbed me because no on should have to put up with this at work. Very unprofessional. It did not disturb my husband - but I consider it out of place and inappropriate.

Room Tip: I think they are all big.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and sorry about the electrical outlets being too far from the bed. If you would have needed we do have a few extension cords at the front desk, even though this is the first time I've heard of this concern, but it is very valid, especially if you have a CPAP machine, so thank you for bringing this to our attention! We are glad the rest of the accommodations suited your needs though, and I know the waffle makers at hotels, always make me happy too, so we are thrilled that you were able to enjoy this! Also please note I will look into the employees at breakfast that you mention, so again thank you for voicing your concern! Thank you for staying with the Grand Venice Best Western, we hope you enjoyed your stay!
Ameliasburg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We were travelling north from Hilton Head Island and stopped for a night that we booked on the internet in advance. The hotel was relatively convenient to the I-81. Our check-in was efficient and the young woman was pleasant and offered suggestions of restaurants. Our room was clean and adequately spacious. The wall paper in the bathroom needed refreshing. Wifi worked well and was complimentary.

Our reservation included a complimentary breakfast which was varied and generous.

In sum, this hotel met our needs and was a good value.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us while traveling through the area, and hope that if you are ever this way again in the future you will consider staying with us again! Thank you for choosing the Grand Venice Best Western!
Morganton, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Check in was great! When I got to the room the internet service was not working. After 3 trips to the front desk I was finally moved to another room. The internet service did not work in this room either. When I came back from dinner I could not get into my room. After waiting for Victor for a half hour in the lobby we went up to the room and he informed me that the electronic key lock was not working and I would have to move to another. room. I moved all my things to another room. Good news, the internet service worked in this room---My third room! Breakfast is less than average!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

venicegrand, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing back from our customers! I'm sorry that "nothing went right" during your stay and that you had to move rooms due to the internet service. I am not sure what was going on with it that day, but I will be sure to have someone look into it. I am also sorry to hear that there was trouble with the key reader on your second room, but am very happy we were finally able to get you into a room that worked for you and also had internet service! I do hope that after that the remainder of your stay was enjoyable! Thank you for considering the Best Western Grand Venice, I hope that you will consider staying with us once again in the future for a better stay!
Rockville,Md., United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

For the past several years my travels from Pittsburgh to DC have always taken me past the Hagerstown, Md. area. I've found that the Hagerstown Best Western Conference Center always has great rooms and great service with friendly staff!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing feedback from our guests! We are thrilled that you have always enjoyed your stay when traveling through the area! Thank you for choosing the Grand Venice Best Western we hope to see you again in the near future!
Aalst, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

It was the 4th time I stayed in this hotel and I like it because of the low cost and good quality.

The rooms are clean and spaceous and everything is working well. The room is clean and well maintained.

The WiFi is excellent and you have all you need to work in the room.

There are a couple of restaurants at walking distance and also downtown is still at walking distance, some 15 min. The neighborhood looks safe in the evening.

Plenty of free parking on the premises.

The only negative point is the very basic breakfast. A better breakfast would move my quotation to a 5.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests! First we are so thrilled that you have stayed with our hotel so many times on your way through the area! We definitely appreciate your business! Second, I am glad that we are able to meet your expectations and provide you with a clean, comfortable stay. Lastly, I will definitely take your feed back to the rest of the team here at the hotel. I know we do have plans here in the future to supplement our breakfast though we try to provide the standard continental plus yogurts, sandwiches, and Belgian waffles, though we are always considering ways to improve! Thank you again for staying with the Grand Venice Best Western, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area!

Been to BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center? Share your experiences!