You added BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Ameliasburg, Canada
“A good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We were travelling north from Hilton Head Island and stopped for a night that we booked on the internet in advance. The hotel was relatively convenient to the I-81. Our check-in was efficient and the young woman was pleasant and offered suggestions of restaurants. Our room was clean and adequately spacious. The wall paper in the bathroom needed refreshing. Wifi worked well and was complimentary.

Our reservation included a complimentary breakfast which was varied and generous.

In sum, this hotel met our needs and was a good value.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
venicegrand, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us while traveling through the area, and hope that if you are ever this way again in the future you will consider staying with us again! Thank you for choosing the Grand Venice Best Western!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Morganton, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Check in was great! When I got to the room the internet service was not working. After 3 trips to the front desk I was finally moved to another room. The internet service did not work in this room either. When I came back from dinner I could not get into my room. After waiting for Victor for a half hour in the lobby we went up to the room and he informed me that the electronic key lock was not working and I would have to move to another. room. I moved all my things to another room. Good news, the internet service worked in this room---My third room! Breakfast is less than average!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

venicegrand, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing back from our customers! I'm sorry that "nothing went right" during your stay and that you had to move rooms due to the internet service. I am not sure what was going on with it that day, but I will be sure to have someone look into it. I am also sorry to hear that there was trouble with the key reader on your second room, but am very happy we were finally able to get you into a room that worked for you and also had internet service! I do hope that after that the remainder of your stay was enjoyable! Thank you for considering the Best Western Grand Venice, I hope that you will consider staying with us once again in the future for a better stay!
Rockville,Md., United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

For the past several years my travels from Pittsburgh to DC have always taken me past the Hagerstown, Md. area. I've found that the Hagerstown Best Western Conference Center always has great rooms and great service with friendly staff!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing feedback from our guests! We are thrilled that you have always enjoyed your stay when traveling through the area! Thank you for choosing the Grand Venice Best Western we hope to see you again in the near future!
Aalst, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

It was the 4th time I stayed in this hotel and I like it because of the low cost and good quality.

The rooms are clean and spaceous and everything is working well. The room is clean and well maintained.

The WiFi is excellent and you have all you need to work in the room.

There are a couple of restaurants at walking distance and also downtown is still at walking distance, some 15 min. The neighborhood looks safe in the evening.

Plenty of free parking on the premises.

The only negative point is the very basic breakfast. A better breakfast would move my quotation to a 5.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests! First we are so thrilled that you have stayed with our hotel so many times on your way through the area! We definitely appreciate your business! Second, I am glad that we are able to meet your expectations and provide you with a clean, comfortable stay. Lastly, I will definitely take your feed back to the rest of the team here at the hotel. I know we do have plans here in the future to supplement our breakfast though we try to provide the standard continental plus yogurts, sandwiches, and Belgian waffles, though we are always considering ways to improve! Thank you again for staying with the Grand Venice Best Western, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area!
Pittsford, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This motel is near to interstate 81 and is nearby to many good restaurants. The price was competitive and the rooms nice. Hagerstown is also located near to many historical places that are ideal for the family.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

venicegrand, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for your recent review! We love hearing back from our guests, and are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! We hope that if you return to the area you will consider The Grand Venice Best Western once again!
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here for one night on our way to another destination. Our room was great - very clean and spacious - so clean that I did not have any problems sitting on the carpeted floor to do some exercises. The king size bed was very comfortable also. The hotel's common areas however are in need of a décor update badly. Breakfast was basic but the breakfast room was small with a dated décor also. This hotel is a bit out of the way from the central shopping/restaurant area's but is not too far from the Premium Outlet mall. We stayed with Best Western points, but two days later saw a charge on our credit card. We called the hotel and they reversed this charge and apologized for the error. The person at the front desk was not supposed to swipe our credit card upon check-in and apparently this is why we saw the charge. I recall the fellow was not friendly or welcoming. Upon check-out they did not give us a receipt for our stay either, which I thought was odd, but didn't question it. I just figured because we used points, this was why we did not get a receipt. I think receipts should be given even if points are used. It would have saved us a long-distance call to them from our cell phone later in our trip to get the problem resolved.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate feedback from our guests! First let me apologize for the miscommunication with charging your room instead of using your points, though I am glad that we quickly remedied the situation for you! We strive to make our guests happy. Second, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found your room clean and to your expectations! Oh, and on a side note we are actually planning on updating some of our common room areas here very soon, we just recently updated many of our rooms, so the common areas are next on our list! Thank you again for staying with the Grand Venice Best Western, we hope you will consider us again in the future!
Quispamsis, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Good value accommodations convenient for many restaurants. We stayed here on our way back to Canada. We had a really big and comfortable room that was an upgrade with a hot tub. Unfortunately the pump on the tub did not work and one of the twin sinks would not drain readily. Though comfortable enough the rooms could do with a facelift. Price was very reasonable.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your recent review, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and are sorry for any inconvenience with the hot tub, I do hope that was fixed for you quickly! We also have been recently undergoing upgrades and slight renovations, so I hope that you check back with us soon to see our new look that we continue to update daily! Thank you again for your feedback, we hope that you will consider us when traveling in the future!

Been to BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center? Share your experiences!