“R & R between Job Projects Travel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center

You added BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   431 Dual Highway, Hagerstown, MD 21740-2601   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Maugansville, Maryland
“R & R between Job Projects Travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

May 2013: My husband and I travel from coast to coast for his career and had several weeks off between projects. We decided to stay in Hagerstown since this is my home town. I know the hotels pretty well, but was very surprised at how nice the Venice Inn was after all these years. When we checked in we didn't know how long our stay was going to be so only booked one nite. The next morning we decided to stay at the Venice Inn for the duration of our time. The staff was the deciding factor. From front desk to hskp staff to maintenance, ALL were consistently friendly and helpful. Front desk helped us out by giving us a larger room for the longer stay and also gave us a reduced rate (Very helpful with extra traveling expenses). The location provides easy access to Interstates 70 and I-81 plus all parts of town which makes it convenient for shopping and selecting restaurants. For quick meals, you can walk across the streets for Little Caesars, Papa Johns, Burger King, Taco Bell. Their breakfast room is nice and welcoming. The staff generous and 'on top' of everything. They have my favorite waffle maker and the typical fruits, cereals, muffins. (It would be extra nice to have the hot eggs and bacon/sausages). But we never went hungry. I like to exercise outside and felt very safe walking around the surrounding neighborhoods. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
venicegrand, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Cali, thank you so much for your kind words and taking time to send us your comments. We are so glad you decided to stay with us. Our staff is wonderful and it shows! I will pass along your praise to all of them. And I agree with you, we are in a great location for restaurants, grocery, and a few shopping stores, all in walking distance. I’m glad you enjoyed the waffle maker, the smell of fresh waffles makes you feel at home. We are looking into placing some proteins on the complimentary breakfast menu. We can’t wait to see you back. Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Hedgesville, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was staying in Hagerstown for a seminar and got a reasonable rate. Upon arrival the staff at the front desk was very friendly and checked me in immediately. The room was clean and the continential breakfast was good.

Only suggestion would be to add some eggs or breakfast meat to the selection.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
venicegrand, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff is wonderful and it shows to our guests. I will pass along the kind words to them. And thank you for the suggestion about meats or eggs being added to our complimentary breakfast menu. I will look into this immediately. We hope to see you back again!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I travel a lot for business, so I have seen the spectrum of hotels across the country. I came to the BW Grand Venice Hotel because my wife's family lives in Hagerstown. I didn't expect much, but was pleasantly surprised when I walked in. The room was pretty good, but what stuck out to me is that the staff was super friendly. I like meeting people when I travel, and I felt like by the end of my staff, I was good friends with the people at the front desk. We will be staying here again!

Room Tip: I liked my room facing the pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass along your kind words to the staff. We have a great team and it shows. Being greeted with a smile is always the best way to start off your travels. Please share your experience with your friends and family. I agree with you, the rooms facing the new pool area are great. We can’t wait to see you back again!
Sunnyside, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during his business trip. Our first experience with the hotel employee was at the liquor store right next door. The staff was filling-in for somebody there (we always get my red wine for the stay at any hotel). My husband is a funny man so he joked around with the the staff. He was nice to us. Then we checked-in at the front desk and was greeted by Michelle, a very happy go lucky woman who enjoys doing her job. Was very nice to have such welcome from the hotel worker. The room was ok, the a/c was just loud and hard to control. The location is probably good because it's close to the premium outlets, so I went to the outlets two days in a row *:) It's a good stay to attend the conference but don't get free breakfast here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
venicegrand, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback and for the kind words about our wonderful staff. I will be sure to pass it along to them. It is always a good feeling to walk into a hotel and be greeted by a warm and friendly smile.

I will personally be looking into the breakfast room and breakfast items. I’m sorry to hear that the air conditioner was hard to control. We’ll have maintenance look into it and see what we can do to improve it.

We hope to see you back the next time you are in town!
Canberra
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Every time i check in to a best western i have to lower my expectations just that little bit more. I was greeted to the room by the smell of urine coming from the restroom. The restroom looked superficially clean and after spreaying the toilet with antiseptic the smell disappeared. I wished spreaying with aniesectic should be standard operating procedure in hotel rooms.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking your time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us. We want honest feedback from our guests, whether good or not. We take all of our guests’ observations seriously and it troubles me to read a review where a guest did not experience high quality service.

We will be sure to look into the housekeeping issue that you experienced. If you should wish to give us another chance, please contact me and I will personally take care of your reservation from beginning to end. I want to ensure you receive a quality product and service from us.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Bed was comfortable and the Lobby looked nice, but other than that I don't have anything good to say. The room had an odd smell, there was trash on the floor and in the trash can (was the room cleaned?) Shower looked dirty, Breakfast was awful,( stale bagels, no juice, milk wasn't cold for cereal, and the only good thing may have been a waffle if there wasn't 10 people waiting in line when I walked in at 6:35am) 4th floor ice machine was broken. Overall: go down the street to the next hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

venicegrand, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
First I would like to thank you for taking your time to give us your feedback.

I was distressed to learn from your review of the experience you had during your recent stay at our hotel. We at Best Western Grand Venice take pride in our hotel and have conducted a recent housekeeping training session. We take all of our guests’ comments seriously and are working with our housekeeping staff to insure this does not happen again. We want all of our guests to be happy with their stay.

Again, I apologize for your less than satisfactory experience. We are always striving to improve our property and hope that if you find yourself in the Hagerstown area, you’ll give us another chance.
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Nice lobby not so great rooms. The hotel needs a update and a through cleaning. The room had stained furniture and soiled towels. It is horrid but it has a icky feeling to it. It is listed as a 2 1/2 star hotel but it really should be a 2 star. I just stayed overnight and traveled on he next day so I can't comment of the fun looking conference room and the other "grand" amenities.

It is nice not to be in one of those cookie cutter highway hotels and to see a place try to be special too bad the initial efforts (as evidenced by the grand lobby and nice older elements) seem to have been replaced by a not so gentle decline. This place has potential to be a retro cool spot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking your time to submit your observations on your recent stay. We are currently working with our housekeeping staff as well as making improvements and updates to the property.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay with us. I’m the new Director of Sales here and am making guest satisfaction my number one priority.

Been to BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center? Share your experiences!