You added BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Staten Island, New York
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked this hotel through priceline.com, not knowing anything about it except its star rating. I was very pleasantly surprised by how wonderful it is. On a Saturday evening there was ample parking by the front door. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The lobby was grand by any standard, and a table with a coffee machine and pastries welcomed me and my family after a long trip. As we were traveling with a baby, we were very surprised and happy to see that the room came with a refrigerator, so we could store the baby's milk and other perishables we had. The room was clean, the shower was luxuriant, and the beds were soft. Complimentary toiletries were available at the front desk, which we availed ourselves of, as we had forgotten toothpaste. The room had free wifi, which was very easy to connect to. Actually, I just opened my laptop and was automatically connected. The hotel offered a complimentary breakfast in the morning which was plentiful and delicious. And as I was leaving I used the "business office" in the lobby, which allowed me to print out directions to my destination. I was extremely pleased by this great hotel, which was not only without flaw, but affordable to boot. My compliments to the staff at the Hagerstown Best Western Grand Venice!

Room Tip: We stayed on the thrid floor, overlooking the front entrance and had no problem with noise. It was g...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
venicegrand, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you so much for all your kind words! Our staff works very hard to ensure that all our guests have a great stay. We are glad you took advantage of our complimentary coffee and snacks at check in. We just recently updated all the wi-fi in the rooms and are glad it is working great!! Thank you again for all your kind words and we look forward to having you back at the Best Western Grand Venice in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The room was nice and larger than most rooms and the bed was comfy. The problem was with the heater. I set it to "low heat," but the room didn't warm up much. It was very cold in the room and I was too tired too call the desk for help. I was alone, so I could double the blanket and was able to sleep. There were many other hotels at this exit that were closer to the interstate. I would probably choose one of them the next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

venicegrand, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing with us your comments about your stay with us in March. We so appreciate your kind words about our spacious and comfortable rooms. In regards to your Heat issue, we looked into the problem and have replaced the unit.

Thank you again and next time you are in the area we would love the opportunity to have you back at our hotel.
Union, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel Feb 16 and 17, 2013. It is a very good hotel for the money. However, make sure you ask to be placed away from the workout rooms and away from Dual Highway. Also, and most important, make sure you are on the other side of the night club. I was told they were shutting down the night club so that may not be a problem in the future. Also, the club is a rental so it may not even be open when you stay there. Then you will have a good nights sleep.

The hotel is clean and accommodating. The breakast has fresh fruit and the usual waffle machine, and packaged sausage and egg muffins that you heat in a microwave. So the breakfast is OK.

The best part of this hotel is that it is easy to find right on Dual Highway, and not far from hy 40(?) and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the excersize room and away from the highway and night club.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review! I apologize for the noise you experienced in your room from the exercise room and night club. You were correct about the night club it is currently under renovations and closed shortly after your stay. We would love to have you back next time you are in the area and I would like to personally handle your reservation the next time you are in. You can call me directly at 301-733-0830 and ask for Lauren.
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I recently had to perform some work in Hagerstown.I had never stayed in this hotel before.From past experience Best Western hotels are dependable choice for some good rest.To start, check in for myself and crew was a breeze.The staff being friendly and accommodating.The room was clean with a very nice bed.This hotel looks good inside and out with the lobby being beautiful.Hungry?This place is surrounded by restaurants.What more could I ask for? Oh yeah, the price was right.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review Mr. Wuenstel! It was our pleasure having your group at our hotel and if you are ever in the area again come back and see us!!
Homestead, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Decent hotel with good-size rooms and clean beds, but once we went to bed (approx 11pm) all we could here was the 'thump, thump, thump' of the music from the restaurant/bar next door. Be sure to ask for a room facing away from it.

Approximately a 10-minute drive from the outlets, which was convenient.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing away from the restaurant in front of the building...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and compliments about our clean, spacious rooms. We work very hard to make sure all our guests feel at home while they stay with us. With that said, I apologize for the loud noise you heard coming from the bar. We have since closed the night club and are will be renovating so other guests do not have to experience this.

The next time you are in town feel free to contact me through this website. I would be happy to personally take care of your accommodations.

Lauren Detwiler
Director of Sales
Perth, ON Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We came through a snow storm with late arrival. Booked through Priceline 2 1/2 star and the price was right. 2nd time around. Five Guys, for those liking hamburgers, just across the street. Close to the outlet Malls. For Canadians heading south it is a good breakpoint enroute to Florida

Room Tip: Use Priceline we bid $40 and got it
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review! It is always our pleasure having you both stay at our hotel. Thank you for all your kind words and we are excited to see you again! Please feel free to contact me directly (301-733-0830) to set up any reservations.

Lauren Detwiler
Director of Sales

Been to BEST WESTERN Grand Venice Hotel Wedding & Conference Center? Share your experiences!