“Quick little get away” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bowie, MD
“Quick little get away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

Recently stayed at this hotel during a quick little get away with my mother. My sister was supposed to go but something came up at the last minute. Once my sister couldn't join us I tried to change our room from the two bedroom suite to a one bedroom with two beds. Unfortunately this hotel does not have have this type room, only one bed, the two bedroom suites and three bedroom suites. We kept the two bedroom suite it was a very pleasant surprise. The room was so spacious. The room was nicely appointed. There were flat screen TVs with DVD players in both bedrooms and the living area. The kitchen was a little small but sufficient. the bathrooms were nicely appointed. The furniture and decor in the rooms was very nice. It was a nice little place for a get away to do a little shopping and hanging out for us. Not to far from home but it seemed a world away. Nothing fancy about the area but if you are looking for a quick little get away especially if you live in the Washington metropolitian area its not a bad idea. Especially if you want to do a little shopping. We plan on going back again for another girls get away before my sister has had surgery in November.

Stayed August 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

Very nice hotel. The rooms were gorgeous and spacious! We were first given a room with a nice new shower but asked to change to a room with a bath and they immediately accomodated us. Pool was nice and even had a gadget to help handicap people enter the pool. Hot breakfast was also included!

Stayed September 2009
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

I booked a one bedroom suite for a relaxing weekend, just myself, no kids or husband. I chose a one bedroom because it has a bathtub, whereas the "studio suite" is just a shower. When I first entered my room, I squeeled with joy! Really, I did! There's a flat screen TV and DVD player in both the living room and bedroom, 2 burner stove, coffee pot, toaster, dish towels, paper towels, dish soap, pots, pans, silverware, REAL plates and mugs (not paper), complimentary popcorn, microwave, full-size fridge, and black out curtains on both large windows. Very clean. Very quiet. It felt almost like home.

Breakfast includes juices, coffee, tea, milk, a waffle maker, different breads (muffins, bagels, etc.) fruit salad, cereal, yogurt, fresh apples and bananas, and depending on the day scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns.

My only complaints would be...

The pool. It had so much chlorine in it that it burned my eyes just being in the room. When my wet hand got near my face...forget about it! I was terrified to think what would happen if I actually got water in my eyes!

The bed. Now this is purely my individual opinion, but it was way too soft. The same with the pillows. They started off nice and plump but as soon your head hits the pillow, it sorta "deflates" and ends up as flat as a pancake. Nothing major, but it did affect my sleep.

Overall, I would definately stay again. I was very impressed with all of the little extras and it makes you feel like you're at a four star hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

Hotel was nice overall. The breakfast in the morning was very nice, with quite a variety to be offered. The front desk staff could be a bit more welcoming. Did their job well, just didn't seem very informative or tell us anything about the amenities of the hotel, times for the pool, breakfast, etc. nor mention what was in the area as far as restuarants,etc.
All in all our experience was average and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

We really like Homewood suites, and this was no different. We were only there for one evening meal as we arrived on a Thursday, but that was excellent as were the breakfasts. The suite was very clean and comfortable. The pool was indoor which was a good thing as it rained as hard as I have ever seen it rain!
We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
buffalo, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

Stayed in a two bedroom, 2 bath suites with husband, two teenagers and in-laws. Suite was HUGE, very clean and well appointed. Nice bed linens and pillows. Beds very comfortable. Three flat screen TVs were great with this many people in a suite. Free full hot breakfast was great! Nice pool and spa area. Booked at a summer special rate of $170.00/night so it was a great deal for two families. Housekeeping was poor one day (did not clean the bathroom well - left wet towels and bathmats on the floor in the bathroom) but other than this, no other negatives. Would stay there again!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

Just got back from a friend's wedding in nearby Waynesboro, PA and spent 4 nights at the Homewood Suites. It was a beautiful hotel, at a reasonable price. Our trip didn't start off quite as nice for us. I had found a room at the Microtel Inn and Suites just up the highway from the Homewood Suites. Booked the first room for three nights on Orbitz at about $43/night. Thought that the 3 stars that they gave it, and the "suites" in the name would make a comfortable stay for myself, the wife and out 5 week old baby girl. Boy...what a mistake. Checked in around 1030 pm, and checked out less than an hour later. Ate the $175 or so, but we could not have made a better choice in moving ourselves to the Homewood Suites.

Staff is very professional and helpful...everything you would expect from a hotel bearing the Hilton name.

I highly recommend this hotel, which is conveniently located off the 81, and near the local mall with Target, Macy's and other stores just across the road.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites Hagerstown? Share your experiences!