“Excellent hotel experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 21 hotels in Hagerstown
Pennsylvania
“Excellent hotel experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I spent a very enjoyable long weekend at the Homewood Suites. Our one-bedroom suite was quite spacious and very comfortable. It was very clean, well appointed, and quiet. The hot breakfast was very good, and we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. We were very pleased with the overall value as well. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have stayed often at Homewood Suites when on business. My stays are up to two weeks at a time. Staying at Homewood provides accommodations which make me feel at home. The lobby is large enough and inviting to stay. The breakfast is a real meal compared to other hotels who provide a continental breakfast or reheated frozen mixes. I enjoy the meal at night with complementary beer and wine. I do not feel claustrophobic in a room with a bed, bath and TV. The rooms are large enough with a full functional kitchen. Staff is always helpful and courteous.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband, our teen son and I stayed at the Homewood Suites for a weekend ski trip to the nearby Whitetail Ski Resort. I needed to work while my husband and son skiied. We got a king suite with a pull-out sofa bed and work desk. It was very comfortable, and perfect for my work needs. The desk was a good size, and the free WiFi was very convenient. Having the small kitchen was really nice to be able to make coffee and snacks. The pool was great, and the morning breakfast buffet was very generous. The management team was also great. My husband mistakenly left his belt in the room, and the hotel packed it up and mailed it to us the next day! Really a nice, comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

They treated us well. Rooms were very nice for the price. Once you know where you are going - it is close to the freeway. I will stay there again. Booked two rooms that were adjoining. Only bad part. Saw a big spider. Freaked me out.

Room Tip: our room was at the end of the building. was a great room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
New Ipswich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Motel is in a nice area with restaurants and shopping close by. The motel is very clean and well kept. Staff is very friendly. Pool area is very nice. Breakfast was average. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We had a two bedroom suite on the 3rd floor. It worked out nice being right by the elevator. Was goo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here for 5 months from February to July 2012. It’s an OK hotel. I was working at the West Virginia Air National Guard Base in Martinsburg WV; about a 22-23 min drive on I-81. Rooms have a 32 inch Phillips LCD TV, DVD player, a desk, sleeper sofa and High Speed Internet and Wifi. The hotel has an Indoor pool and hot tub, 24 fitness center and two floors with 2 washer and dryers. The biggest selling point for this hotel is the full kitchen; full size frig, full size dish washer, two burner stove, microwave, sink w/ garbage disposal, dishware and free food. The kitchen is what kept me from leaving until I started getting bug bites in May/June. All rooms are suites. I moved rooms several times to see if the bug bite problem would change; and it did. But I just finally decided I needed a change and moved to the Courtyard by Marriott across the road; which I’m glad I did. You can read my separate review on the Courtyard. The Homewood Suites is a pet friendly hotel and once it started to get warm I think the flees started to come out. The cleaning staff is another issue and something to be desired. I only got my room cleaned about once a week to a week and a half and I had to ask to have the room vacuumed or the kitchen floors cleaned. And even then were not clean. I expected the room to be cleaned just like I was checking in for the first time, but even then the rooms weren’t spotless. The front desk staff is nice, but could use some classes on hospitality, their not bad, just could use some polishing. Breakfast is served everyday and dinner Monday thru Thursday. Lot’s of families stay here because of the free food and pool. But the food isn’t very good. I might have had dinner 4 or 5 times in 5 months; I guess you can classify it as food. But I would rather not eat then eat the “free food”. The Breakfast is much better, but you have to battle with all the families; especially in the summer. The Hotel is located right next to a Buffalo Wild Wings and Outback Steakhouse; which is very convenient. The hotel is right off Interstate 81. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel, but I know people stay here for the free food and because it’s the only hotel for miles that has full kitchens. It’s always packed and it’s priced reasonably. But if I had to go back I’d stay across the road at the Courtyard. I liked the one bed room verses the studio room. I never was able to get into a two bedroom.

Room Tip: The Washer and Dryers are on the third and fifth floors; when doing laundry it really helps to be on...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Katie S, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Hagerstown, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Michael K,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We appreciate you comments. I apologize that you did not like the food that was provided during your stay. The comments about the food and the cleaning staff have been forwarded to the Department leaders. And I apologize that the cleaning staff did not do an appropriate job cleaning your suite. We recently received a 100% on our Cleanliness of our Guest Suites from our Hilton inspection so we hope if you stay with us again we could change your mind. I would like to correct your statement of the location of our Laundry Rooms just in case anyone else requests a specific room floor due to our Laundry Room. Our Laundry Rooms are actually on our 2nd and 4th floors. We hope that if you stay in town with us you will come back! Thanks again for the review.
Chestertown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed here with my fiance during a trip to see our son at his school on Dec 15th. It was the first time I stayed at this particular Homewood. Admittedly, I was leary because I have seen some shabby Homewood Hotels. However, per the norm, I checked the Tripadvisor reviews first. As expected, the hotel lived up to the reviews my fellow triadvisors gave.

The hotel was clean and rooms were spacious. There is a nice kitchen in the room with a full refridgerator. The shower was clean, bed was comfortable.

The manager was quite accomodating. When we arrived I was exhausted. As we made our way to our room we rode on the elevator with a mom and 4 teenagers. The got off on our floor and made their way to their room, which was right across the hall from our room. As they opened the door, I could see several more teenagers in the room. The kids were nt causing trouble and were no problem however, I didn't want there to be a problem later. I immediately returned to the desk and spoke with the manager. I politely told her my concerns. She, without hesitation found us another room to our liking. We had a quiet peaceful nights sleep. Again, in fairness, I never heard the kids again. Kudo's to the manager for her professionalism.

The breakfast at the hotel is nicely done. Plenty of space to eat. Good selection of eggs, waffles, fruit, juices etc. The even have real plates and silverware.

Overall, I'd stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Homewood Suites Hagerstown? Share your experiences!