“Great place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 21 hotels in Hagerstown
St. Leonard, MD
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed here October 20- October 24. Was attending a conference at another local hotel, but chose to stay here to get Hilton Points.

The hotel is clean, the rooms are spacious and comfortable. There is a full-size refrigerator in the kitchen area, as well as a dishwasher, countertop stove and garbage disposal.
The bedroom is large with a comfortable mattress, pillows and an overhead ceiling fan, which is a nice touch.

The hotel layout is confusing, the elevators are at each end of the hall and tucked in an alcove, and I kept getting turned around when I would go to the first floor.

I enjoyed the breakfast in the morning and the manager's reception/dinner. It was nice after a long day not to have to worry about finding a place to stay. Although there were places to eat within walking distance, plus there is a wonderful grocery store (Martin's) in the next complex over from the hotel, so if you wanted you could prepare food in your room

I did find the business complex where the hotel was located to be confusing to navigate by car, I used my GPS just to navigate across the road, because all the roads were intersecting at once.

The front desk staff was ok, nothing exceptional and I found it strange that no one knew how to access the channel menu on the TV. Then I was told it was removed. Why would you remove a channel menu ? Also the morning I was checking out housekeeping was knocking on my door to see if I had left yet.

But overall a good place to stay for a business trip

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

277 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for a quick overnight stay to break up a long drive back in September. We were only at the hotel for about 12 hours so my review is limited. The rooms were very spacious and nicely decorated and very clean! We arrived very late and the front desk concierge could have had a better attitude. We have 2 infants and needed a crib (also noted when we made our reservation over the phone). But when we checked in the woman said she would see if she could find a crib for us, but no promises. What??? Thankfully 15-20 minutes later she knocked on our door with a crib. But it would have been better if we checked into the room with the crib already there and a friendlier welcome. Overall a great stay! *there wasn't a bathtub in our 1 bedroom suite, just a shower.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
fmdmjy, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Hagerstown, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Abstravel49,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us at the Homewood Suites by Hilton. While I was pleased to learn of your satisfaction with our guest suites. I was saddened to learn that your were not greeted with the friendly warm attitude that our Homewood Suites is known for.

Traveling on the road late in the evening is tiring and doing so with not one but TWO infant children was most certainly exhausting, so it is unfortunate that our guest service representitive did not show empathy to your family upon your arrival.

Please know at the Homewood Suites we value treating our guests like our closest family members. However it is clear in this instance we failed to meet your service standards as well as our own and for that I offer sincere apologies.

It is my hope that you will allow us an opportunity to provide your family with the true service that we are known for on a future visit to our area. I would ask that you feel free to call myself or any member of our management team so that we may assist serving you and your young family during your next visit. Thanks again for providing this feedback. Our promise to you is that we shall take this feedback..learn from it...and strive to do better.
Troy MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Homewood Suites in Hagerstown, MD on the evening of October 13th. We were pleased with the appearance of the hotel which seemed new. The rooms were large and accommodating. We had requested a quiet room which we received. The only fly in the ointment was the apathic demeanor of the hotel staff at check in. The young lady wasn't rude- just seemingly uninterested... preoccupied maybe with something else. As we left the hotel the next morning another individual manned the front desk. He never even looked up from his computer as we exited without an acknowledgement. Maybe having an off day, suffering from the Washington Nationals' loss from the night before. Go Cards!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Katie S, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites Hagerstown, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
RamblinRedbird,

Thank you so much for your lovely review of our hotel. We love getting feedback from our guests that have stayed with us. I am glad you thought our rooms were quiet and accomodating and I am quite sorry to hear about the attitude of our Guest Service Represenatives. Would you mind emailing me your Name and dates you stayed with us in order for me to find out the Guest Service Representatives that were working at the time?
Thank you again for taking the time out to review our hotel.

Katie Starleper
Front Office Manager
katie.starleper@hilton.com
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This was a stop over for my family on a drive from Orlando to Massachusetts. I booked it online and was offered an upgrade from the 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite to a 3 bedroom, 3 bath suite, using my HHonors points. I tried for over an hour and eventually contacted Hilton by phone and was told there were website problems and reservations couldn't even access their systems. After trying for several hours, I called the hotel directly and was told the manager could do it when I arrived.

After driving all night, we arrived in the early afternoon. I explained the upgrade issue and ran into some issues. I was told a couple of different stories, but eventually made it to the general manager of the hotel, who was awesome. He explained that the 3 bedroom should never have been an option as an upgrade, and the one unit he had on the property was occupied. To fix the issue, we were given an extra room, which was better than expected. The rooms were clean and quiet. The front desk even called about a half hour after we were assigned rooms to make sure that everything was okay. The breakfast the next morning, was excellent. I will definitely be stopping here again during our family trips.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had a 2-bedroom, 2-bath suite with a kitchenette for three adults, and it worked great. The rooms were very large and comfortable, plus the bedrooms had ceiling fans. It was quiet, and breakfast the next morning was quite good in the pleasant dining room. The desk lady printed out directions to a restaurant for us, which was nice. A very relaxing stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Katie S, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Hagerstown, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear BrewHa76,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to review our hotel! I'm so glad you enjoyed our 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite during your stay with us. We hope that the ceiling fans made your stay a little more like "home". I hope that you look us up again when you stay in the area! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Katie Starleper
Front Office Manager
Homewood Suites by Hilton
Hagerstown, MD
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 1 week in late September, had our usual good stay. Clean, comfortable room. Good Breakfast and nice evening meals. Very quiet at night, staff always friendly and smiling. Good location with lots of things to do nearby. We come here every year and our stay is always great. Can easily recommend this hotel to anyone. They have a small pool and whirlpool, and a basketball cout outside. Very safe area it seems-never have any problems. Lots of places to eat within walking distance of the hotel as well.

Room Tip: most rooms good-stay away from elevators
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
fmdmjy, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Hagerstown, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Good Day Johnny!

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. We love getting feedback from our guests and it is even more satisfying when we hear such positive reports from loyal customers such as yourself who return to our Homewood Suites year after year. It is my sincere hope that you advise us of your return trip so that our management team can welcome you and say thanks in person.

See you in September,
Francine Donachie
Tappan, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This hotel was nice but the bed was very uncomfortable. There was a slight odor of puke in the room but I could find no obvious reason why.

The lobby was large and the breakfast area was nice. Stayed on a Friday night. There was an ample variety of food. Nicely prepared eggs, waffles and really delicious cranberry muffins.

There was a really nice outdoor area with a BBQ grill. The pool and hottub area is really nice.

Overall the hotel is nice but the bed was horrible. Isn't the cleanliness of the room and the bed the most important part of the hotel. Too bad.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Schraders,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. At the Homewood Suites Hagerstown we truly value customer feedback. I am so sorry to learn that our bed comfort fell below you expectations. A good night sleep is so very important and I apologize that the comfort of our mattress made it difficult for you to sleep.

I was also dismayed to hear about the odor that you smelled in your guest suite. The Homewood Suites prides itself on cleanliness having recently earned a perfect score of 100% on our most recent Hilton inspection. However in this particular instance something was not quite correct and for that we are truly sorry. I assure that our management team takes this feedback very seriously and our General Manager has read this review at our morning meeting. He has advised the staff to be very aware of an odors that are less than fresh in our guest suites and we hope that this instance will not occur in the future.

Finally, I wanted to let you know that we are currently in line for a bedding upgrade in 2013. The hotel is turning 5 years old this year and we are excited that we have an ownership group that are committed to constantly upgrading our suites for our guest comfort.

It is my sincere hope that you will give the hotel a second look when you are visiting the Hagerstown area in the future. Thank you again for you helpful feedback.

Hospitably,
Francine Donachie

Been to Homewood Suites Hagerstown? Share your experiences!