“Great value for families” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save Big
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Northern Virginia
“Great value for families”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had a 2-bedroom, 2-bath suite with a kitchenette for three adults, and it worked great. The rooms were very large and comfortable, plus the bedrooms had ceiling fans. It was quiet, and breakfast the next morning was quite good in the pleasant dining room. The desk lady printed out directions to a restaurant for us, which was nice. A very relaxing stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Katie S, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Hagerstown, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear BrewHa76,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to review our hotel! I'm so glad you enjoyed our 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite during your stay with us. We hope that the ceiling fans made your stay a little more like "home". I hope that you look us up again when you stay in the area! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Katie Starleper
Front Office Manager
Homewood Suites by Hilton
Hagerstown, MD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 1 week in late September, had our usual good stay. Clean, comfortable room. Good Breakfast and nice evening meals. Very quiet at night, staff always friendly and smiling. Good location with lots of things to do nearby. We come here every year and our stay is always great. Can easily recommend this hotel to anyone. They have a small pool and whirlpool, and a basketball cout outside. Very safe area it seems-never have any problems. Lots of places to eat within walking distance of the hotel as well.

Room Tip: most rooms good-stay away from elevators
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
fmdmjy, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Hagerstown, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Good Day Johnny!

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. We love getting feedback from our guests and it is even more satisfying when we hear such positive reports from loyal customers such as yourself who return to our Homewood Suites year after year. It is my sincere hope that you advise us of your return trip so that our management team can welcome you and say thanks in person.

See you in September,
Tappan, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This hotel was nice but the bed was very uncomfortable. There was a slight odor of puke in the room but I could find no obvious reason why.

The lobby was large and the breakfast area was nice. Stayed on a Friday night. There was an ample variety of food. Nicely prepared eggs, waffles and really delicious cranberry muffins.

There was a really nice outdoor area with a BBQ grill. The pool and hottub area is really nice.

Overall the hotel is nice but the bed was horrible. Isn't the cleanliness of the room and the bed the most important part of the hotel. Too bad.

Dear Schraders,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. At the Homewood Suites Hagerstown we truly value customer feedback. I am so sorry to learn that our bed comfort fell below you expectations. A good night sleep is so very important and I apologize that the comfort of our mattress made it difficult for you to sleep.

I was also dismayed to hear about the odor that you smelled in your guest suite. The Homewood Suites prides itself on cleanliness having recently earned a perfect score of 100% on our most recent Hilton inspection. However in this particular instance something was not quite correct and for that we are truly sorry. I assure that our management team takes this feedback very seriously and our General Manager has read this review at our morning meeting. He has advised the staff to be very aware of an odors that are less than fresh in our guest suites and we hope that this instance will not occur in the future.

Finally, I wanted to let you know that we are currently in line for a bedding upgrade in 2013. The hotel is turning 5 years old this year and we are excited that we have an ownership group that are committed to constantly upgrading our suites for our guest comfort.

It is my sincere hope that you will give the hotel a second look when you are visiting the Hagerstown area in the future. Thank you again for you helpful feedback.

Hospitably,
Hendersonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is a spacious, clean road stop.....real value for your money. A bit off the highway and in a busy area but worth stopping nevertheless. A real plus is that you can walk to dinner locations. Suites are really worth the extra when you travel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review of your stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton. I am so pleased that the extra space offered in our suites afforded you a comfortable stay. I am also pleased that you were able to enjoy some of the areas eateries that are adjacent to the hotel.

It is my sincrere hope that you will stop and visit us again when your travels bring you back to our area.

Thank you again for your kind comments.
Locust Valley, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I traveled to Hagerstown, Maryland for the weekend to visit my sister and brother in law who live a 5 minute drive from where the hotel is located.

Originally we had booked a room at another hotel but received a phone call the Tuesday from Expedia saying that our hotel was over booked. They booked us a King Suite at Homewood Suites. I'd never stayed with them before so I wasn't sure what to expect other than the pictures and reviews on Trip Advisor.

We arrived around 7 pm on Friday night after a 5 hour car trip from New York. The folks at the front desk had us checked in and key cards in our hands less than five minutes after our arrival! The gentleman at the front desk welcomed us with a huge smile on his face and kindly told us that he was glad we had arrived safely. We were informed breakfast was served from 7am-10am on the weekends and he pointed out the location of the pool before we made our way upstairs. Our room (207) was a short walk from the elevator and we opened the door and walked into a beautiful suite. The rooms were super clean and organized and we had a view looking down on the courtyard. The kitchen had two burners, coffee pot, microwave, fridge, toaster and anything we'd need to cook there. There was a table/desk between the kitchen and living room perfect for my laptop. The couch and chair in the living room we very tasteful and comfortable to watch TV in. The king sized bed was so roomy and comfortable I wanted to take it home with me!. After a long drive nothing is better than a hot shower (and let me say there was plenty of hot water!) in the roomy shower in the bathroom. I liked that the sink had it's own space outside of the bathroom (where the tub and toilet were) and there was plenty of room for us to get ready without bumping elbows.

The second night we were there we used the pool (which was so cold!) and the hot tub (which was awesome). They are both located off the courtyard and are accessible by elevator from the upper floors and I believe the outside of the hotel through a door (but you need your room key to get in) The hotel didn't seem to be very crowded while we were there, which was nice .

The breakfast that they served in the dining area behind the fireplace in the lobby was amazing. They served everything...cold cereal, oatmeal, waffles, eggs, bacon (which was well done..just the way I like it), sausage, muffins, bagels, fruit, juice, coffee, tea, cocoa. It's a buffet style in a nook on the side of the dining area. They were very efficient at making sure that they didn't run out of anything. The dining area had larger long tables as well as tables for two so there was plenty of seating for everyone.

The hotel had plenty of parking and lots of landscape lighting so it is easy to see from the road. It's super close to the highway and the local mall, and several fast food places, a K Mart and the Ollie's Discount store.
Upon our departure the staff wished us a safe trip home and hoped they'd see us again.

All in all we were VERY happy with the accomodations and would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: For folks traveling with pets, this hotel offers some pet friendly rooms. There is a $50 deposit if...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
fmdmjy, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Hagerstown, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Meri K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review of your stay with us at the Homewood Suites. At the Homewood Suites we strive to make each and every guest feel welcome and it is clear by your comments that our staff achieved our goal in doing so.

I wanted to let you know that I have also talked with our engineering staff to insure that our pool temps are being monitored so that the water is not so chilly for our guest in the future.

Thanks again Meri K. I hope that you will stay with us again when visiting your family in Hagerstown

Hospitably,
Francine M Donachie
Corporate Director
Upstate New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My family did a side trip to this hotel from an AT hike and we were very out of our element after having been on the trail for several days. Kathryn, the front desk manager, was truly exceptional in making our stay as comfortable as possible. All of the other staff were great too and went above and beyond to give us a hand. The hotel was very nice, clean and comfortable. Would definitely come back and would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Good Day Kayeteekaye,

Thanks a million for taking the time to write such a nice review on Tripadvisor. I am so delighted that you notice our "home away from home" touches that the Homewood Suites by Hilton is known for. Being away from home can be stressful so our goal is to create a warm welcomeing environment for each of our guests.

It is my sincere hope that you stay with us again when doing business in Hagerstown. Thanks again for your kind comments,

Hospitably
Corporate Director
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Had not stayed at any of the Homewood Suites until my stay at Hagerstown, MD recently. I was in a king suite and could have been very comfortable there if I needed to stay for more than one night. While I like the retro look of the Springhill Suites and their modern flare, I really liked the 'home' feel of Homewood with ceiling fans and plump, comfy sofas.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites Hagerstown? Share your experiences!