“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Dayton, Ohio
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this place as it was close to the highway - though the noise was not excessive. The staff was very good and our room was very nice. It was conveniently located for restaurants, etc. A good choice on the road.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed here for one night in October 2013. I chose this hotel since I had a free night certificate, but would have been happy with the stay even if I had paid. The suite was pretty basic, but clean and spacious. The hotel was super friendly and accomodating. The first room I was in did have signifcant highway noise, when I called the front desk about it, they quickly moved me to a different room where it wasn't an issue at all. The free breakfast was decent and the free wi-fi worked without any issues. The location was fine - not in the center of the city but a short drive to attractions like the Washington County Museum of Fine Arts (great small museum in Hagerstown)

Room Tip: Request a room that faces away from the highway
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The road noise for I-81 was so loud, it felt like we were trying to sleep on the median of the highway! We had a choice of having the room too hot or too cold when the AC turned on. The AC sounded like a lawn mower. The only thing good about it was that it temporarily drowned out the road noise. The room also had a record for the number of LEDs on every possible electric item--almost bright enough to read by. Lastly, the foam mattress caused two people to roll to the middle.
Good luck trying to get any rest here!!

Room Tip: Somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mechanicville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

After driving for 10 1/12 hours from Alabama, I needed a place to stop for the night. This Marriott was right off my route and convenient. I was pleasantly surprised.. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I couldn't ask for a better location.. Upon checking in, the front desk provided me with a printed list of restaurants and shopping close by. It included phone numbers and many of the restaurants even delivered. I actually called in an order to Olive Garden. The suite was very clean and had everything needed for a comfortable night. There was even free Wifi. A breakfast was included before proceeding on the rest of my journey. One other added benefit... For anyone looking for a Marriott in that area, there was actually a second Marriott (Courtyard Marriott) that shared the same parking lot. If one was full they will book you into the one next door.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was a real find on route 81. It is right off the highway. It was clean and nicely appointed. Having a place to relax in the sitting area was a real plus. The breakfast was ok, nothing special. The only drawback is there is no gas station at this exit despite the fact that there is a small mall adjacent to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Virginia. We arrived late at night. We were able to get a suite which met our needs (3 beds). The hotel was clean and the front desk staff were helpful and friendly. The rooms was big and roomy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed on a Saturday night and the hotel did not seem that busy. The lobby was mostly empty over the course of the eveing. Well, we certainly got a different point of view on Sunday morning at breakfast. The breakfast hours lasted until 9:30 so we got down there by 8:30 expecting to beat the run at 9am. Boy, were we wrong! There was a line of people waiting for food... the only hot food was biscuits & gravy. The scrambled eggs were gone and there was no replacement for at least 15 minutes. I know because I waited! The women in charge was friendly but clearly overwhelmed by the number of the people. The girl from the front desk came over to ask her if she needed help and proceeded to empty the trash and help out. Finally I did get some eggs but they were gone in minutes. People were scooping up large quantities of eggs oblivious that others might like some, too. My sons ate cereal and waffles and were happy with those options. They did have a reasonable selection of cold items but limited for the hot items. I was surprised there was no bacon or sausage at all.

Our room, on the other hand, was quite nice and spacious. Very clean in every way. We have two teen boys so one spread out on the couch and enjoyed his little area. We took advantage of the fridge and micro which were clean and efficiently laid out. Our room looked out over the mall parking lot and the Courtyard next door.

If in the area, I would likely try somewhere else since there were quite a few other hotels in the area. The price was competitive but the craziness at breakfast makes me want to try elsewhere!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites Hagerstown? Share your experiences!