“Overnight stop” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 21 hotels in Hagerstown
Mechanicville, New York
“Overnight stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

After driving for 10 1/12 hours from Alabama, I needed a place to stop for the night. This Marriott was right off my route and convenient. I was pleasantly surprised.. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I couldn't ask for a better location.. Upon checking in, the front desk provided me with a printed list of restaurants and shopping close by. It included phone numbers and many of the restaurants even delivered. I actually called in an order to Olive Garden. The suite was very clean and had everything needed for a comfortable night. There was even free Wifi. A breakfast was included before proceeding on the rest of my journey. One other added benefit... For anyone looking for a Marriott in that area, there was actually a second Marriott (Courtyard Marriott) that shared the same parking lot. If one was full they will book you into the one next door.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was a real find on route 81. It is right off the highway. It was clean and nicely appointed. Having a place to relax in the sitting area was a real plus. The breakfast was ok, nothing special. The only drawback is there is no gas station at this exit despite the fact that there is a small mall adjacent to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Virginia. We arrived late at night. We were able to get a suite which met our needs (3 beds). The hotel was clean and the front desk staff were helpful and friendly. The rooms was big and roomy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed on a Saturday night and the hotel did not seem that busy. The lobby was mostly empty over the course of the eveing. Well, we certainly got a different point of view on Sunday morning at breakfast. The breakfast hours lasted until 9:30 so we got down there by 8:30 expecting to beat the run at 9am. Boy, were we wrong! There was a line of people waiting for food... the only hot food was biscuits & gravy. The scrambled eggs were gone and there was no replacement for at least 15 minutes. I know because I waited! The women in charge was friendly but clearly overwhelmed by the number of the people. The girl from the front desk came over to ask her if she needed help and proceeded to empty the trash and help out. Finally I did get some eggs but they were gone in minutes. People were scooping up large quantities of eggs oblivious that others might like some, too. My sons ate cereal and waffles and were happy with those options. They did have a reasonable selection of cold items but limited for the hot items. I was surprised there was no bacon or sausage at all.

Our room, on the other hand, was quite nice and spacious. Very clean in every way. We have two teen boys so one spread out on the couch and enjoyed his little area. We took advantage of the fridge and micro which were clean and efficiently laid out. Our room looked out over the mall parking lot and the Courtyard next door.

If in the area, I would likely try somewhere else since there were quite a few other hotels in the area. The price was competitive but the craziness at breakfast makes me want to try elsewhere!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I normally stay at their sister property but decided to try Springhill for the larger rooms since my wife and I were traveling with our 9 week old son. The room was nice and fairly spacious with the sitting area. My wife liked the extra sink in the area of the fridge and microwave. It is almost like a bar area with just a sink fridge and microwave. This area was very helpful for her to wash bottles and breast pumping supplies. The only complaints were the free breakfast was a little lacking on choice and the major issue was that the maid just started opening the door with one light knock at 8:30 am on Sunday without allowing us to respond or announcing housekeeping. This was not good since we were not even dressed. Other than one bad housekeeper I would recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2013
Trumbull, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I am a fan of the spring hills, and as a Marriott member with 2 young adult children, stay in them often for the extra space. As usual, the hotel was great in terms of breakfast, price, cleanliness, fitness center, etc. But I do have to say that the helpfulness and professionalism of the hotel staff, especially the front desk staff was STELLAR. So if being treated well is important to you, especially after a long day of driving, stay here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wiesbaden , Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We decided to stay in Hagerstown for one night and came up with the Springhill Suites because of ist Location Close to the Valley Mall. The room looked exactly the same as one we had stayed in before in another Springhill Hotel in Norfolk,Va.
The staff in the Hotel was compared to other experiences before very friendly and motivated and the our stay was very comfortable.
I would say, when staying in the area you can´t do no anything wrong with this hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to SpringHill Suites Hagerstown? Share your experiences!